Get inspiration for education!
Subscribe for virtual tools, STEM-inspired play, creative tips and more
Gender equality is not about clearing the genders’ differences but providing fundamental human rights and beneficiaries to all genders.
“It is time that we all see gender as a spectrum instead of two sets of opposing ideals”, as Emma Watson said with this quote about women rights, the time has come where the whole world needs to come together and fight against gender inequality. Gender Inequality had been present for many decades around the world.
Right from giving primary education to income provision, gender inequality stood for years like a parasite. Many personalities fought for killing the propaganda and raised their voice against discrimination through quotations about gender equality. Here are the best gender equality quotes that will make you think and help you understand the issue thoroughly. If you like this article, do not forget to check out our empowering quotes and women’s rights quotes.
Best Gender Equality Quotes
Whether it be feminism quotes or quotes about gender equality, they all contribute to the betterment of society. Gender equality is a precondition for an equitable society. Here are the best gender equality quotes along with equal rights quotes which will help you to formulate your views on the topic.
1. “We’ve begun to raise daughters more like sons...but few have the courage to raise our sons more like our daughters.”
- Gloria Steinem.
2. “Culture does not make people. People make culture. If it is true that the full humanity of women is not our culture, then we can and must make it our culture.”
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, ‘We Should All Be Feminists.’
3. “Last night I was seriously considering whether I was a bisexual or not but I don’t think so though I’m not sure if I’d like to be and argh I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that, if you like a person, you like the person, not their genitals.”
- Jess C Scott, ‘Tongue-Tied.’
4. “Find your identity, your true self, and live your mission…Your power is your radical self. Find it.”
- Aya Chebbi.
5. “If you believe in your idea of change and are willing to work hard, sooner or later that dream will be a reality.”
- Naomi Tulay Solanke.
6. “An undying spirit is the primary source of help because it is within you.”
- Fridah Githuku.
7. “Achieving gender equality requires the engagement of women and men, girls and boys. It is everyone’s responsibility.”
- Ban Ki-Moon.
8. “It is time that we all see gender as a spectrum instead of two sets of opposing ideals.”
- Emma Watson.
9. “How important it is for us to recognize and celebrate our heroes and she-roes!”
- Maya Angelou.
10. “In the middle east, it is about changing values, such as respect for women.”
- Haifaa Al- Mansour.
11. “I am not the woman president of Harvard, I am the president of Harvard.”
- Drew Gilpin Faust.
12. “Hiring and promoting talented women is the right thing to do for society and it is an economic imperative.”
- Carlos Ghosn.
13. “When girls are valued less than boys, women less than men, they face multiple risks throughout their lives – at home, at work, at school, from their families, and from strangers. Gender-based violence is a major consequence of gender inequality. It is a worldwide phenomenon.”
- Bukky Shonibare.
14. “It is time that men and boys recognize the part they must play in gender equality and join with the voices and actions of the women and girls who are trying to re-shape society in the interests of us all.”
- Jimmy Carter.
15. “Gender equality is the goal that will help abolish poverty that will create more equal economies, fairer societies, and happier men, women, and children.”
- Graça Machel.
16. “Equal pay isn’t just a women’s issue; when women get equal pay, their family incomes rise, and the whole family benefits.”
- Mike Honda.
17. “Men of quality respect women’s equality.”
- Jeremiah Say.
18. “To all the little girls who are watching this, never doubt that you are valuable and powerful, and deserving of every chance and opportunity in the world to pursue and achieve your own dreams.”
- Hillary Clinton.
19. “We know that when women are empowered, they immeasurably improve the lives of everyone around them—their families, their communities, and their countries.”
- Prince Harry, ‘Duke Of Sussex.’
20. “Men are from Earth, women are from Earth. Deal with it.”
- George Carlin.
Inspiring Gender Equality Quotes
Reading gender equality quotes is one of the best ways to form your views on the topic. Check out some of the most inspiring gender equality quotes to get new ideas about alleviating poverty from society.
21. “I am a feminist. I’ve been female for a long time now. I’d be stupid not to be on my own side.”
- Maya Angelou.
22. “A gender-equal society would be one where the word ‘gender’ does not exist: where everyone can be themselves.”
- Gloria Steinem.
23. “Women’s liberation is the liberation of the feminine in the man and the masculine in the woman.”
- Corita Kent.
24. “When women leaders like me do not feel the inequality, we tend to forget that something is not working.”
- Ida Auken.
25. “A society that fails to harness the energy and creativity of its women is at a huge disadvantage in the modern world.”
- Tian Wei.
26. “Next time you are about to call a little girl bossy, say instead: She has executive leadership skills.”
- Sheryl Sandberg.
27. “...gender relationships, which are tough for people to deal with, are key to whether a society orients to domination or partnership in all its relations.”
- Riane Eisler.
28. “The only way to solve the problem of women’s subordination is to change people’s mindset and to plant the new idea of gender equality into every mind.”
- Qingrong Ma.
29. “Gender equality is critical to the development and peace of every nation.”
- Kofi Annan.
30. “Women must learn to play the game as men do.”
- Eleanor Roosevelt.
31. “Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them.”
32. “I’m pro everyday equality, everyday celebration, and everyday respect. I feel fortunate that we are not back in the days when men were seen as more powerful.”
- Elle Macpherson.
33. “True equality means holding everyone accountable in the same way, regardless of race, gender, faith, ethnicity - or political ideology.”
- Monica Crowley.
34. “Love is pure and true; love knows no gender.”
- Tori Spelling.
35. “Society as whole benefits immeasurably from a climate in which all persons, regardless of race or gender, may have the opportunity to earn respect, responsibility, advancement, and remuneration based on ability.”
36. “The most damaging phrase in the language is it’s always been done that way.”
- Grace Hopper.
37. “The pursuit of life, liberty, and happiness can become a reality for everyone if we eliminate issues standing in the way of improved race relations. I love this country and we’ve made so much progress, but we’re not there yet.”
- Bernard J. Tyson.
38. “We sought justice because equal pay for equal work is an American value. That fight took me ten years. It took me all the way to the Supreme Court.”
- Lilly Ledbetter.
39. “As women achieve power, the barriers will fall. As society sees what women can do, as women see what women can do, there will be more women out there doing things, and we’ll all be better off for it.”
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
40. “Don’t be distracted by emotions like anger, envy, resentment. These just zap energy and waste time.”
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
Amazing Gender Equality Quotes And Ideas
All countries have a lot of work to do on gender equality issues. While half the work may be done, the remaining half is still left. Read on for some of the most famous gender equality quotes from posts by famous people, such as Audre Lorde, Mary Shelley and more, which will surely enhance your potential.
41. “Some things just cannot wait. Men must stand up now for women’s equality.”
- Rick Goings.
42. “When contemplated in its extreme, almost any power looks dangerous.”
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
43. “These men ask for just the same thing: fairness, and fairness only. This is, so far as in my power, they and all others shall have.”
- Abraham Lincoln.
44. “Equality is the soul of liberty; there is, in fact, no liberty without it.”
- Frances Wright.
45. “Before God, we are all equally wise, and equally foolish.”
- Albert Einstein.
46. “Women are more sensitive to other women than men are, and that is a huge advantage when it comes to running a business.”
- Juan Carlos Thomas.
47. “To see a woman making 5 dollars a day that was able to put a dollar aside to reinvest in her business was pretty remarkable.”
- Rachel Robbins.
48. “Entrepreneurship offers a special opportunity for women. Entrepreneurship provides women the opportunity to provide for their families without sacrificing their roles and responsibilities. It gives way for flexibility.”
- Lakshmi Balachandra.
49. “A woman is human. She is not better, wiser, stronger, more intelligent, more creative, or more responsible than a man. Likewise, she is never less. Equality is a given. A woman is human.”
- Vera Nazarian.
50. “Men, their rights, and nothing more; women, their rights, and nothing less.”
51. “If you were born without wings, do nothing to prevent them from growing.”
- Coco Chanel.
52. “You educate a man; you educate a man. You educate a woman; you educate a generation.”
- Brigham Young.
53. “When a man gives his opinion, he’s a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she’s...[bossy].”
- Bette Davis.
54. “I hate to hear you talk about all women as if they were fine ladies instead of rational creatures. None of us want to be in calm waters all our lives.”
- Jane Austen.
55. “I raise up my voice—not so that I can shout, but so that those without a voice can be heard...We cannot all succeed when half of us are held back.”
- Malala Yousafzai.
56. “If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman.”
- Margaret Thatcher.
57. “I’m tough, ambitious, and I know exactly what I want.”
58. “Do not live someone else’s life and someone else’s idea of what womanhood is. Womanhood is you.”
- Viola Davis.
59. “They cannot stand that a refugee, a black woman, an immigrant, a Muslim, shows up in Congress thinking she’s equal to them. But I say to them, ‘How else did you expect me to show up?”
- Ilhan Omar.
60. “If it doesn’t scare you, you’re probably not dreaming big enough.”
- Tory Burch.
Iconic Gender Equality Quotes
Gender equality is a noble cause. Activists around the world are working to change the perception of people. Leaders across the world are also working towards it. Check out some of the most iconic gender equality quotes and posts from leaders and activists which anyone can relate with along with Michelle Obama gender equality quotes.
61. “My hope for the future, not just in the music industry, but in every young girl I meet, is that they all realize their worth and ask for it.”
- Taylor Swift.
62. “Who runs the world? Girls.”
63. “No country can ever truly flourish if it stifles the potential of its women and deprives itself of the contributions of half its citizens.”
- Michelle Obama.
64. “I do not wish them [women] to have power over men, but over themselves.”
65. “Feminism is for everybody.”
- bell hooks.
66. “Alone, a woman is a root curling for change, But together, women are a forest alive with spirit: a riotous power, the most timeless pact, a call to action, to all those who hear it.”
- Amanda Gorman.
67. “Life is not a competition between men and woman. It is a collaboration.”
- David Alejandro Fearnhead.
68. “The only thing required to be a woman is to identify as one. Period. End of story.”
- Amanda Lovelace.
69. “You deserve to be here. You deserve to exist. You deserve to take up space in this world of men.”
- MacKenzie Lee.
70. “Both men and women should feel free to be sensitive. Both men and women should feel free to be strong…”
- Emma Watson.
71. “There’s no way to tell others they can win but by living your dreams”
- Gina Rodriguez.
72. “Believe that there are no limitations, no barriers to your success”
- Ursula Burns.
73. “Feminism, when it truly achieves its goals, will crack through the most basic structures of our society.”
- Shulamith Firestone.
74. “...you will be empowered and you will achieve.”
- Ursula Burns.
Popular Gender Equality Quotes
In order to ensure there is gender equality, there is a need for dynamic leaders to head the movement on women's rights. Read on for more information and motivating quotes on the need for an equal society and more amazing leaders. Here are the most popular gender equality quotes that all men, women, and anyone, in the world ought to read.
75. “I measure the progress of a community by the degree of progress which women have achieved.”
- B. R. Ambedkar.
76. “Excellence is the best deterrent to racism or sexism.”
- Oprah Winfrey.
77. “To those who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender, let me say: You are not alone. Your struggle for an end to violence and discrimination is a shared struggle. Any attack on you is an attack on the universal values the United Nations and I have sworn to defend and uphold. Today, I stand with you, and I call upon all countries and people to stand with you, too.”
- Ban Ki-Moon.
78. “No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.”
- Nelson Mandela.
79. “There are so much wealth and so much misery at the same time, that it seems incredible that people can endure such class difference, and accept such a form of hunger while on the other hand, the millionaires throw away millions on stupidities.”
- Frida Kahlo.
80. “Indeed, if a woman had no existence save in the fiction written by men, one would imagine her a person of the utmost importance [...] But this is the woman in fiction. In fact, as Professor Trevelyan points out, she was locked up, beaten, and flung about the room.”
- Virginia Woolf.
81. "Women s rights is not only an abstraction, a cause; it is also a personal affair. It is not only about us; it is also about me and you. Just the two of us."
- Toni Morrison.
82. “I know of no industrial society where women are the economic equals of men. Of everything that economics measures, women get less.”
- Ivan Illich.
83. “Women, like men, should try to do the impossible. And when they fail, their failure should be a challenge to others.”
- Amelia Earhart.
84. “As a girl, she was a legal prey, especially if she was dressed in a worn black leather jacket and had pierced eyebrows, tattoos, and zero social status.”
- Stieg Larsson, ‘The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.’
85. “Once made equal to man, a woman becomes his superior.”
86. “When men are oppressed it’s a tragedy, when women are oppressed it’s a tradition.”
- Letty Cottin Pogrebin.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for gender equality quotes, then why not take a look at women supporting women quotes, or women’s history month quotes.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.