Recent searches (0)
Cake Urchin Interesting FactsWhat type of animal is a cake urchin?The cake, or sea, urchin is a mari...
When it comes to a car wash business name, it is important to select a name that reflects the true v...
Clash Royale is a tower rush game on ios and android.It is a strategy tower rush game. It can be pla...
Growing older means that a person is aging and losing some youthful characteristics.
Getting older can be associated with hardships such as loneliness, forgetfulness, and some loss of freedom (often the hardest part of getting older can be a sense of isolation from others). However, there is many a silver lining to getting old as well!
For instance, getting older means that you are free of the burdens and responsibilities of your youth. You don't have worries about making a career or finding a job. Further, old age brings with it experience, self-confidence, and often the ability to make better decisions and choices. Moreover, as one gets older, they develop greater emotional stability and often achieve a more positive overall well-being.
If you like these getting older quotes, check out these [old age quotes] and [vintage quotes] for more quotes on getting older and wiser.
Here are some beautiful quotes about wisdom and graceful aging that will make you feel better about getting older. From Helen Mirren to Maggie Kuhn, so many have aged gracefully, now you can too!
1. "A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams."
- John Barrymore.
2. "Life's tragedy is that we get old too soon and wise too late."
- Benjamin Franklin.
3. “It's not how old you are, it's how you are old.”
- Jules Renard.
4. "As a white candle
In a holy place,
So is the beauty
Of an aged face."
- Joseph Campbell.
5. “Your face is marked with lines of life, put there by love and laughter, suffering and tears. It's beautiful.”
- Lynsay Sands.
6. “And the beauty of a woman, with passing years only grows!”
- Audrey Hepburn.
7. "'We already are old,' she said with a sigh. What happens is that you don't feel it on the inside, but from the outside everybody can see it."
- Gabriel García Márquez.
8. “No, that is the great fallacy: the wisdom of old men. They do not grow wise. They grow careful.”
- Ernest Hemingway.
9. "And yet the wiser mind
Mourns less for what age takes away
Than what it leaves behind."
- William Wordsworth.
10. “Getting old is like climbing a mountain; you get a little out of breath, but the view is much better!”
- Ingrid Bergman.
11. "The mere process of growing old together will make our slightest acquaintances seem like bosom friends."
- Logan Pearsall Smith.
12. “I suppose real old age begins when one looks backward rather than forward.”
- May Sarton.
13. "How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?"
- Satchel Paige.
14. “It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone.”
- Andy Rooney.
15. “I like getting older. When you’re in your twenties you’re really forging for your future. Things take shape later on.”
- Crispin Glover.
16. "You know people who are already saying, 'I'm going to be 30 - oh, what am I going to do?' Well, use that decade! Use them all!"
- Betty White.
17. "Anyone who keeps the ability to see beauty never grows old."
- Franz Kafka.
18. "I am so happy with the riches of my advanced peak age that, contrary to Faust, I would not wish to return to youth."
- Robert Muller.
19. "For the unlearned, old age is winter; for the learned, it is the season of the harvest."
- Hasidic saying.
20. “Nature gives you the face you have at twenty; it is up to you to merit the face you have at fifty.”
- Coco Chanel.
21. “To all, I would say how mistaken they are when they think that they stop falling in love when they grow old, without knowing that they grow old when they stop falling in love.”
- Gabriel García Márquez.
22. "Of all the self-fulfilling prophecies in our culture, the assumption that aging means decline and poor health is probably the deadliest."
- Marilyn Ferguson.
23. "As you grow, you learn more. If you stayed at twenty-two, you’d always be as ignorant as you were at twenty-two."
- Mitch Albom.
24. "The longer I live the more beautiful life becomes."
- Frank Lloyd Wright.
25. "Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been."
- Mark Twain.
26. “You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred.”
- Woody Allen.
Are you loving all these getting older quotes? Here are some inspirational getting older quotes to guide your path through life.
27. "As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say. I just watch what they do."
- Andrew Carnegie.
28. "Youth is the gift of nature, but age is a work of art."
- Stanislaw Jerzy Lec.
29. “My face carries all of my memories. Why would I erase them?”
- Diane Von Furstenberg.
30. "Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young."
- Henry Ford.
31. "Aging is not lost youth but a new stage of opportunity and strength."
- Betty Friedan.
32. “... one can remain alive long past the usual date of disintegration if one is unafraid of change, insatiable in intellectual curiosity, interested in big things, and happy in small ways.”
- Edith Wharton.
33. “I don't plan to grow old gracefully. I plan to have face-lifts until my ears meet.”
- Rita Rudner.
34. "Every year should teach you something valuable; whether you get the lesson is up to you."
- Oprah Winfrey.
35. "Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again."
- Eleanor Roosevelt.
36. “Relish love in your old age! Aged love is like aged wine; it becomes more satisfying, more refreshing, more valuable, more appreciated and more intoxicating!”
- Leo Buscaglia.
37. “You don't stop laughing when you grow old, you grow old when you stop laughing.”
- George Bernard Shaw.
38. "There is a fountain of youth: it is your mind, your talents, the creativity you bring to your life and the lives of people you love. When you learn to tap this source, you will truly have defeated age."
- Sophia Loren.
39. "The great thing about getting older is that you don't lose all the other ages you've been."
- Madeleine L'Engle.
40. "Old age is an excellent time for outrage. My goal is to say or do at least one outrageous thing every week."
- Louis Kronenberger.
41. “There’s ageism in everything. I don’t give a hoot. It isn’t what other people think; it’s what you think. But it’s hard to come to terms with getting older. I admire people like Vivienne Westwood.”
- Cyndi Lauper.
42. “Why are people afraid of getting older? You feel wiser. You feel more mature. You feel like you know yourself better. You would trade that for softer skin? Not me!”
- Anna Kournikova.
43. "That's another great thing about getting older. Your life is written on your face."
- Frances McDormand.
44. “The great thing about getting older is that you get a chance to tell the people in your life who matter what they mean to you.”
- Mike Love.
45. "I keep trying to find my answer to life - and it gets more elusive the older I get."
- Kim Gruenenfelder.
46. "There comes a moment in your life when you realize that no matter how hard you try, you're never going to be fluent in Spanish. Or go on that African safari you've read about since you were a kid."
- Kim Gruenenfelder.
47. "Aging seems to be the only available way to live a long life."
- Kitty O'Neill Collins.
48. "Grow old along with me! The best is yet to be, the last of life, for which the first was made."
- Robert Browning.
49. "Try to keep your soul young and quivering right up to old age, and to imagine right up to the brink of death that life is only beginning."
- George Sand.
Here are some funny quotes about getting older to inspire you to break the rules and live without inhibitions. Which is your favorite funny quote on getting old?
50. “Some guy said to me: 'Don't you think you're too old to sing rock n' roll?' I said: 'You'd better check with Mick Jagger.'”
51. “I can honestly say I love getting older. Then again, I never put my glasses on before looking in the mirror.”
- Cherie Lunghi.
52. “I have reached an age when, if someone tells me to wear socks, I don’t have to.”
- Albert Einstein.
53. “I don’t feel old. I don’t feel anything until noon. Then it’s time for my nap.”
- Bob Hope.
54. “People ask me what I’d most appreciate getting for my eighty-seventh birthday. I tell them, a paternity suit.”
- George Burns.
55. “The really frightening thing about middle age is that you know you’ll grow out of it.”
- Doris Day.
56. “By the time you're eighty years old you've learned everything. You only have to remember it.”
- George Burns.
57. "You can't help getting older, but you don't have to get old."
- George Burns.
58. "You know you're getting old when you stoop to tie your shoelaces and wonder what else you could do while you're down there."
- George Burns.
59. "I'm very pleased to be here. Let's face it, at my age I'm very pleased to be anywhere."
- George Burns.
60. "Age is something that doesn't matter, unless you are a cheese."
- Luis Bunuel.
These getting older birthday quotes are wise, hilarious, and perfect for the big day!
61. "Old age is like a plane flying through a storm. Once you are aboard there is nothing you can do about it."
- Golda Meir.
62. "With mirth and laughter let old wrinkles come."
- William Shakespeare.
63. "As you get older, three things happen: The first is your memory goes, and I can't remember the other two."
- Norman Wisdom.
64. "Middle age is when you're sitting at home on a Saturday night and the telephone rings and you hope it isn't for you."
- Ogden Nash.
65. "Please don't retouch my wrinkles. It took me so long to earn them."
- Anna Magnani.
66. "Here is the test to find whether your mission on earth is finished: If you're alive, it isn't."
- Richard Bach.
67. "Our wrinkles are our medals of the passage of life. They are what we have been through and who we want to be."
- Lauren Hutton.
68. "After 30, a body has a mind of its own."
- Bette Midler.
69. "A birth-date is a reminder to celebrate the life as well as to update the life."
- Amit Kalantri.
70. "You know you're getting old when the candles cost more than the cake."
- Bob Hope.
Read The Disclaimer
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.
Remember that you can always manage your preferences or unsubscribe through the link at the foot of each newsletter.