Recent searches (0)
''Dune' was written by Frank Herbert and was published in 1965. Dune, also known as the Dune Chronicles, is an American science fiction media franchise that originated with the 1965 novel ’Dune’ by Frank Herbert. 'Dune' is a futuristic novel about Paul Atreides and his family, who take over the planet of Arrakis. It was later adapted into a 1984 film by the same name, a 2000's television miniseries, and a 2021 film. 'Dune' is widely regarded among the finest science fiction books. Frank Herbert won the Nebula and Hugo Awards for exceptional science fiction. It also has to its credit video games, two sci-fi channel limited series, and a collection of prequels, interquels, and sequels.
These 'Dune' quotations are some of the most famous ones out there. These quotes are taken from both the book and the movie.
1. "Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me." - Frank Herbert, 'Dune'.
2. "A beginning is a very delicate time." - Princess Irulan, 'Dune'.
3. "A beginning is the time for taking the most delicate care that the balances are correct. This every sister of the Bene Gesserit knows." - Frank Herbert, 'Dune'.
4. "It is by will alone I set my mind in motion." - Piter De Vries, 'Dune'.
5. "Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic." - Frank Herbert, 'Dune'.
6. "The spice extends life. The spice expands consciousness. The spice is vital to space travel."- Princess Irulan, 'Dune'.
The best 'Dune' sayings are taken from both the novel which is written by Frank Herbert and the 'Dune' movie as well. Keep reading to find out more!
7. "The concept of progress acts as a protective mechanism to shield us from the terrors of the future." - Frank Herbert, 'Dune'.
8. "Just as individuals are born, mature, breed, and die, so do societies and civilizations and governments."- Muad'Dib, 'Dune'.
9. "The person who experiences greatness must have a feeling for the myth he is in... And he must have a strong sense of the sardonic... The sardonic is all that permits him to move within himself. Without this quality, even occasional greatness will destroy a man." - Frank Herbert, 'Dune'.
10. "Paul... whatever happens, I will love you forever. You are my life. You are my life." - Chani, 'Dune'.
11. "When religion and politics travel in the same cart, the riders believe nothing can stand in their way. Their movements become headlong - faster and faster and faster. They put aside all thoughts of obstacles and forget the precipice does not show itself to the man in a blind rush until it's too late." - Frank Herbert, 'Dune'.
12. "Irulan shall be my wife, opening the way for an Atreides to take the throne." - Paul Atreides, 'Dune'.
'Dune' is one of the most well-written science fiction novels of all time. Here are some of the famous book quotes from 'Dune'. Book lovers listen up!
13. "You've heard of animals chewing off a leg to escape a trap? There's an animal kind of trick. A human would remain in the trap, endure the pain, feigning death that he might kill the trapper and remove the threat to his kind." - Frank Herbert, 'Dune'.
14. "A process cannot be understood by stopping it. Understanding must move with the flow of the process, must join it and flow with it." - Frank Herbert, 'Dune'.
15. "He who controls the spice controls the universe." - Frank Herbert, 'Dune'.
16. "The mystery of life isn't"t a problem to solve, but a reality to experience." - Frank Herbert, 'Dune'.
17. "But all of a man's water, ultimately, belongs to his people—to his tribe. It's a necessity when you live near the Great Flat. All water's precious there and the human body is composed of some seventy percent water by weight. A dead man, surely, no longer requires that water." - Frank Herbert, 'Dune'.
18. "It's shocking to find how many people do not believe they can learn, and how many more believe learning to be difficult." - Frank Herbert, 'Dune'.
19. "The willow submits to the wind and prospers until one day it is many willows—a wall against the wind. This is the willow's purpose." - Frank Herbert, 'Dune'.
20. "And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain." - Frank Herbert, 'Dune'.
Read on to know what the characters from the movie "Dune" had to say in these movie quotes from 'Dune'. Movie fans will love these!
21. "We Fremen have a saying: 'God created Arrakis to train the faithful.' One cannot go against the word of God." - Paul, 'Dune'.
22. "The sleeper must awaken." - Duke Leto Atreides, 'Dune'.
23. "I'll miss the sea, but a person needs new experiences. They jar something deep inside, allowing him to grow. Without change something sleeps inside us, and seldom awakens." - Duke Leto Atreides, 'Dune'.
24. "Remember, walk without rhythm and we won't attract a worm. It will go to the thumper." - Paul Atreides
25. "Let us say, I suggest you may be human. Your awareness may be powerful enough to control your instincts. Your instinct will be to remove your hand from the box. If you do so, you die." - Reverend Mother Mohiam, 'Dune'.
26. "Remember: Walk without rhythm and we won't attract the worm. It will go to the thumper." - Paul Atreides, 'Dune'.
27. "Oh Jessica, my beloved concubine. I should have married you." - Duke Leto Atreides, 'Dune'.
Frank Herbert's most popular science fiction novel 'Dune' got yet another newest adaptation to the big screen. Here are some of the best and most memorable quotes from the Dune movie 2021.
28. "I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer." - Lady Jessica Atreides.
29. "If Anything Happens, Will You Protect Our Son?" - Duke Leto Atreides.
30. "Dreams make good stories, but everything important happens when we're awake …" - Duncan Idaho.
31. "This Is An Extermination. They're Picking My Family Off One By One." - Paul Atreides.
32. "Here I Am, Here I Remain." - Duke Leto Atreides.
33. "You've Proven You Can Rule Yourself. Now You Must Learn To Rule Others, Something None Of Your Ancestors Learnt." - Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam.
34. "My father came not for spice, not for riches, but for the strength of your people. My road leads into the desert. I can see it. If you'll have us, we will come." - Paul Atreides.
35. "An animal caught in a trap will gnaw off its own leg to escape. What will you do?" - Reverend Mother Mohiam.
36. "My planet Arrakis is so beautiful when the sun is low. Rolling over the sands, you can see spice in the air … The outsiders … ravage our land. Their cruelty to my people is all I've known." - Chani.
37. "I said I would not harm them and I shall not. But Arrakis is Arrakis and the desert takes the weak. This is my desert. My Arrakis. My Dune." - Baron Vladimir Harkonnen.
38. "The Duke's Son, He Sees Too Much." - Piter De Vries.
39. "The mystery of life isn't"t a problem to solve, but a reality to experience." - Jamis.
40. "What's mood to do with it? You fight when the necessity arises, no matter the mood." - Gurney Halleck.
41. "We Are House Atreides. There Is No Call We Do Not Answer. There Is No Faith That We Betray. The Emperor Asks Us To Bring Peace To Arrakis. House Atreides Accepts!" - Duke Leto Atreides.
42. “You Fight When The Necessity Arises, No Matter The Mood.” – Gurney Halleck
43. “A Great Man Doesn’t Seek To Lead. He’s Called To It.” – Duke Leto Atreides
44. “When Is A Gift Not A Gift?” – Baron Vladimir Harkonnen
45. “I Am Commanded To Say Nothing, To See Nothing.” – Liet Kynes
46. “Arrakis Is Arrakis, And The Desert Takes The Weak. My Desert. My Arrakis. My Dune.” – Baron Vladimir Harkonnen
47. “My Road Leads Into The Desert.” – Paul Atreides
48. “There's Something Happening To Me. Something Waking Up In My Mind. I Can't Control It.” - Paul Atreides
49. “Let's Fight Like Demons!” - Duncan Idaho
50. “A mind powerful enough to breach space and time, past and future, who can help us into a better future. We think he is very close now. Some believe he is here.” - Reverend Mother Mohiam.
Main image credit: image_vulture / Shutterstock.com
Second image credit: FlickDirect Inc / Shutterstock.com
Read The Disclaimer
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.