Get inspiration for education!
Subscribe for virtual tools, STEM-inspired play, creative tips and more
Rainy day refers to a day that experiences a significant amount of rainfall over a particular place over a given specified amount of time.
Rain is a natural phenomenon that occurs on our planet. Formation and falling of the rain is a cyclical process.
Also known as the water, or hygroscopic, cycle, water from lakes, seas, and other water bodies gets evaporated by the sun. On rising to the atmosphere it condenses and forms clouds which again falls on the earth as rain. Rainfall is vital for the sustainability of life on our planet. We humans enjoy the rain as it brings relief from the heat. Some of us prefer staying home on a rainy day and dedicate that time alone to ourselves by reading books while watching the rain falling.
If you like this, check out [rain quotes] and sun quotes.
Best Quotes For A Rainy Day
Enlisted below is a beautiful quotation about a rainy day along with some of the finest positive rainy day quotes and famous rainy day quotes with Emily Wing Smith quotes on a loved one. You will also find quotes to say on a rainy day with some I love the rain quotes and quotes on what to say about rain.
1. "Let the rain kiss you. Let the rain beat upon your head with silver liquid drops. Let the rain sing you a lullaby."
- Langston Hughes.
2. "Umbrella is comfort, rain is life! You must often leave comfort to touch the life!"
- Mehmet Murat ildan.
3. "Being soaked alone is cold. Being soaked with your best friend is an adventure."
- Emily Wing Smith, ‘Back When You Were Easier to Love’.
4. "Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky."
- Rabindranath Tagore.
5. "Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather."
- John Ruskin.
6. "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
- Vivian Greene.
7. "The best thing one can do when it's raining is to let it rain."
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
8. "The rain fluctuates between drizzle and torrential. It messes with your mind. It makes you think things will always be like this, never getting better, always letting you down right when you though the worst was over."
- Susane Colasanti, 'Waiting For You'.
9. “I always like walking in the rain, so no one can see me crying.”
- Charlie Chaplin.
10. "And when it rains on your parade, look up rather than down. Without the rain, there would be no rainbow."
- Gilbert K. Chesterton.
11. "Do not, on a rainy day, ask your child what he feels like doing, because I assure you that what he feels like doing, you won't feel like watching."
- Fran Lebowitz.
12. "Give thanks for the rain in your life which waters the flowers of your soul."
- Jonathan Lockwood Huie.
13. "I always feel sorry for people who think more about a rainy day ahead than sunshine today."
- Rae Foley.
14. "A rainy day is the perfect time for a walk in the woods."
- Rachel Carson.
15. "Save a boyfriend for a rainy day - and another, in case it doesn't rain."
- Mae West.
16. “Cold feet under a warm blanket, steam over an empty mug, rain splatters on dry window pane, open journals of closed memories, tears of laughter and joy of pain, schmaltz of diametric morning.”
- Val Uchendu.
17. “Colors shone with exceptional clarity in the rain. The ground was a deep black, the pine branches a brilliant green, the people wrapped in yellow looking like special spirits that were allowed to wander over the earth on rainy mornings only.”
- Haruki Murakami, 'Norwegian Wood'.
18. "There is no such thing as bad weather."
- John Ruskin.
19. “Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.”
- Bill Watterson, 'The Calvin And Hobbes Tenth Anniversary Book'.
20. "The person who deserves most pity is a lonesome one on a rainy day who doesn't know how to read."
- Benjamin Franklin.
21. “A poet is someone who stands outside in the rain hoping to be struck by lightning.”
- James Dickey.
22. "A rainy day is like a lovely gift - you can sleep late and not feel guilty.”
- Elizabeth Jane Howard, 'Mr. Wrong'.
23. "Everyone wants happiness, nobody wants pain, but you can't have a rainbow without a little rain."
24. “What are you staring at?
Rain drops on window glass is a sort of love-bite, is it not?”
- Jasleen Kaur Gumber.
25. "I hope I have found myself, my work, my happiness - under the light of the western skies."
- Zane Grey.
26. “I’ve learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow. I’ve learned that you can tell a lot about a person by the way he/she handles these three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights.
- Maya Angelou.
Cool Rain Quotes
Here you will find some cool rain quotes along with cute rainy day quotes which will be loved by children. These wonderful weather quotes, raining quotes, and more quotes on storms by Mae West and Mehmet Murat will surely delight you. So go get wet in the rain.
27. "If you want to see a rainbow you have to learn to see the rain."
- Paulo Coelho.
28. "Everybody wants happiness, and nobody wants pain, but you can't have a rainbow without a little rain."
- Zion Lee.
29. "When it rains manna from heaven, some people put up an umbrella. Others reach for a big spoon."
- Peter Drucker.
30. "Hard rain falls in every season. Sometimes it can beat you down; you have to try to learn how to take sustenance from it to grow."
- Regina Taylor.
31. "The rain began again. It fell heavily, easily, with no meaning or intention but the fulfilment of its own nature, which was to fall and fall."
- Helen Garner, 'Cosmo Cosmolino'.
32. "The shortest period of time lies between the minute you put some money away for a rainy day and the unexpected arrival of rain."
- Jane Bryant Quinn.
33. "We are the same as plants, as trees, as other people, as the rain that falls. We consist of that which is around us, we are the same as everything."
- Gautama Buddha.
34. "The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain."
- Dolly Parton.
35. "Irrigation of the land with seawater desalinated by fusion power is ancient. It's called rain."
- Mike McAlary.
36. "Some people walk in the rain, others just get wet."
- Roger Miller.
37. "Remember even though the outside world might be raining, if you keep on smiling the sun will soon show its face and smile back at you."
- Anna Lee.
38. "Remember that every drop of rain that falls bears into the bosom of the earth a quality of beautiful fertility."
- George Henry Lewes.
39. "It always rains on tents. Rainstorms will travel thousands of miles, against prevailing winds for the opportunity to rain on a tent."
- Dave Barry.
40. "I am sure it is a great mistake always to know enough to go in when it rains. One may keep snug and dry by such knowledge, but one misses a world of loveliness."
- Adeline Knapp.
Quotes On Rain As Rejuvenation
Here you will find some of the finest quotes on rain as rejuvenation along with sadness quotes and rainy day quotes to share with your best friend.
41. "Some people are making such thorough preparation for rainy days that they aren't enjoying today's sunshine."
- William Feather, ‘The Business Of Life’.
42. "Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams."
- Ashley Smith.
43. "I grew up in this town, my poetry was born between the hill and the river, it took its voice from the rain, and like the timber, it steeped itself in the forests."
- Pablo Neruda.
44. "My idea of absolute happiness is to be in bed on a rainy day, with my blankie, my cat, and my dog."
- Anne Lamott.
45. "Many a man curses the rain that falls upon his head, and knows not that it brings abundance to drive away the hunger."
- Saint Basil.
46. "A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and ask for it back when it begins to rain."
- Robert Frost.
47. "Worrying is stupid. It's like walking around with an umbrella waiting for it to rain."
- Wiz Khalifa
48. "Criticism, like rain, should be gentle enough to nourish a man's growth without destroying his roots."
- Frank A. Clark.
49. "Healing rain is a real touch from God. It could be physical healing or emotional or whatever."
- Michael W. Smith.
50. "The only noise now was the rain, pattering softly with the magnificent indifference of nature for the tangled passions of humans."
- Sherwood Smith.
51. "Tears of joy are like the summer rain drops pierced by sunbeams."
- Hosea Ballou.
Rain Proverbs To Get Drenched Away
Enlisted below are some of the finest proverbs on rain, funny rain quotes, quotes on falling rain, and quotes about a rainy day.
52. "A deaf man may not have heard the thunder but he surely will see the rain.
- Malian Proverb.
53. The rain wets the leopard’s spots but does not wash them off.
- Ghanaian Proverb.
54. "Happiness is like a sunbeam, which the least shadow intercepts, while adversity is often as the rain of spring."
- Chinese Proverb.
55. "Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain."
- Traditional Proverb.
56. "The farmer hopes for rain, the walker hopes for sunshine, and the gods hesitate."
- Chinese Proverb.
57. "The umbrella was made for rainy days, the white man uses it for the sun."
- Jamaican Proverb.
58. "Happiness is like a sunbeam, which the least shadow intercepts, while adversity is often as the rain of spring."
- Chinese Proverb.
59. "A curious woman is capable of turning around the rainbow just to see what is on the other side."
- Chinese Proverb.
60. "Evening red and morning gray help the traveler on his way; evening gray and morning red bring down rain upon his head."
- German Proverb.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you love rainy days and liked our suggestions for rainy day quotes then why not take a look at cloud quotes and weather quotes.
*Do you know where this quote originated? Please email us to let us know at [email protected]
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.