Get inspiration for education!
Subscribe for virtual tools, STEM-inspired play, creative tips and more
Science fiction, popularly known as Sci-fi, is a genre based on scientific phenomena that are not completely accepted by mainstream scientists yet.
Multiple universes, time travel, aliens, robots, extraterrestrial lifeforms are some widely used concepts of science fiction. Sci-fi is one of the greatest genres because it has storyline, action, suspense, and humor all in one.
Sci-fi is not a new concept and has been a part of silent cinema since early days, but became more popular after the huge success of 'Star Wars'. People love this genre because it takes them away to places far beyond their imagination. We have a list of the best Sci-fi quotes from movies, shows, and books that we know you are going to love.
Best Sci-Fi Movie Quotes
Sci-fi movies take us to places that are far beyond human reach. Meeting loved ones in the past, a robot trying to destroy Earth, an alien trying to destroy all human-kind are some things we can watch a million times and still not get bored. This one list will make you want to re-watch all the best sci-fi movies like 'Star Wars', 'The Terminator', and 'Blade Runner'.
1. "I can't help thinking somewhere in the universe there has to be something better than man. Has to be."
- Taylor, 'Planet Of The Apes'.
2. "They don't advertise for killers in the newspaper. That was my profession. Ex-cop. Ex-blade runner. Ex-killer."
- Deckard, 'Blade Runner'.
3. “I am the scales of justice! Conductor of the choir of death!”
- The Bullet Farmer, 'Mad Max: Fury Road'.
4. “There isn’t enough life on this ice cube to fill a space cruiser.”
- Han Solo, 'Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back'.
5. "I'll be back."
- Terminator, 'The Terminator'.
6. "You could not live with your own failure. Where did that bring you? Back to me."
- Thanos, 'Avengers: Endgame'.
7. "Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die."
- Roy Batty, 'Blade Runner'.
8. "No. Strike me down in anger and I'll always be with you. Just like your father."
- Luke Skywalker, 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'.
9. "The Avengers. That's what we call ourselves; we're sort of like a team. 'Earth's Mightiest Heroes' type thing."
- Tony Stark, 'The Avengers'.
10. "Steven Jacobs: You used an untested drug on your father. I could end your career with one phone call.
Will Rodman: Let me save you the trouble. I quit."
- 'Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes'.
11. "Don't forget, I'm half-human. So that fifty percent of me that's stupid, that's a hundred percent you."
- Peter Quill, 'Avengers: Infinity War'
Famous Sci-Fi Movie Quotes
Something that people can't feel will always astonish them. Sci-fi is an escape from the real world and these quotes will do the same. Check out these quotes from the top science fiction movies of all times.
12. "I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that."
- Hal, '2001: A Space Odyssey'.
13. "At my age the candles cost more than the cake. I'm not afraid of dying. I'm afraid I haven't been alive enough. It should be written on every school room blackboard: Life is a playground - or nothing."
- Nemo Nobody aged 118, 'Mr. Nobody'.
14. "Luke: Your thoughts betray you, Father. I feel the good in you, the conflict.
Darth Vader: There is no conflict.
Luke: You couldn't bring yourself to kill me before and I don't believe you'll destroy me now.
Darth Vader: You underestimate the power of the Dark Side. If you will not fight, then you will meet your destiny."
- 'Star Wars: Return of the Jedi'.
15. "You said science was about admitting what we don't know."
- Murph, 'Interstellar'.
16. "Ever have that feeling where you're not sure if you're awake or dreaming?"
- Neo, 'The Matrix'.
17. "Let's face it, this is not the worst thing you've caught me doing."
- Tony Stark, 'Iron Man'.
18. "The one thing that this job has taught me is that truth is stranger than fiction."
- The Bartender, 'Predestination'.
19. "Marty! What in the name of Sir Isaac H. Newton happened here?"
- Dr. Emmett Brown, 'Back To The Future II'.
Iconic Sci-Fi Show Quotes
Science fiction is not only limited to a movie. There are some equally interesting TV shows that bring people back from the past, make them face their fear, open portals to new worlds. Whether our favorite character had to die to save the Earth or not, these shows will always be close to our hearts. Listed below are some famous Sci-fi quotes from top TV shows that will make your day.
20. “Humans. You know we give ourselves rep, but we’re genuinely empathetic as a species. I mean, we don’t actually really want to kill each other, which is a good thing. Until your future depends on wiping out the enemy.”
- Arquette, 'Black Mirror', Season 3 Episode 5.
21. "The right information at the right time is deadlier than any weapon."
- Martin Collins, 'Westworld', Season 3 Episode 5.
22. "My story is an embroidery, with many beginnings and no end. But I will start with the thread of my sestra Sarah, who stepped off a train one day and met herself."
- Helena, 'Orphan Black', Season 5 Episode 10.
23. "The universe is big. It’s vast and complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles."
- The Doctor, 'Doctor Who', Season 5 Episode 12.
24. "Nobody normal ever accomplished anything meaningful in this world."
- Jonathan Byres, 'Stranger Things', Season 2 Episode 1.
25. "I've lived a life surrounded by heroes, none bigger than all of you... We sign up to lose each other, to get close to good people and have them taken away."
- Phil Coulson, 'Agents Of Shield', Season 5 Episode 22.
26. "The real world doesn’t always adhere to logic. Sometimes down is up. Sometimes up is down. Sometimes when you’re lost, you’re found."
- Michael Burnham, 'Star Trek: Discovery', Season 1 Episode 3.
27. "What is it, to be a hero? Look in the mirror and you'll know. Look into your own eyes and tell me that you are not heroic."
- Karen Page, 'Daredevil', Season 2 Episode 13.
28. "It was like having a whole weather system turn against me. Just hate message after hate message, around the clock, all piling on. It’s hard to describe what that does to your head. Suddenly there’s a million invisible people, all talking about how they despise you. It’s like a mental illness."
- Tess, 'Black Mirror', Season 3 Episode 6.
29. "My entire understanding of physical space has been transformed! Three-dimensional Euclidean geometry has been torn up, thrown in the air, and snogged to death! My grasp of the universal constants of physical reality has been changed forever!"
- River Song, 'Doctor Who', Season 9.
30. "Things are only impossible until they’re not!"
- Captain Jean-Luc Picard, 'Star Trek: Picard', Season 1 Episode 17.
Famous Sci-Fi Book Quotes
As we know, books always boost up imagination, and Sci-fi books are no exception. Reading a Sci-fi book can give us a Sci-fi experience at any time of the day. Here are some of the most well-known quotes from Sci-fi books.
31. “Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.”
- Douglas Adams, 'The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy'.
32. “We'd stared into the face of Death, and Death blinked first. You'd think that would make us feel brave and invincible. It didn't.”
- Rick Yancey, 'The 5th Wave'.
33. "Nature never appeals to intelligence until habit and instinct are useless. There is no intelligence where there is no need of change."
- H.G. Wells, 'The Time Machine'.
34. "You don’t forget the face of the person who was your last hope."
- Suzanne Collins, 'The Hunger Games'.
35. "I can wait for the galaxy outside to get a little kinder."
- Becky Chambers, 'The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet'.
36. "Almost any concept or idea in the world can be expressed through comparison with a classic Warner Bros. cartoon."
- Peter Clines, 'The Fold'.
37. "Home is what you take with you, not what you leave behind."
- N.K. Jemisin, 'The Fifth Season'.
38. “I have never listened to anyone who criticized my taste in space travel, sideshows or gorillas. When this occurs, I pack up my dinosaurs and leave the room.”
- Ray Bradbury, 'Zen In The Art Of Writing'.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for sci-fi quotes then why not take a look at Spock quotes, or Ursula K Le Guin quotes.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.