Get inspiration for education!
Subscribe for virtual tools, STEM-inspired play, creative tips and more
Seashells are beautiful and unique and have been used to symbolize fertility, good luck and fortune.
These shells found all over the planet near the oceans are highly sought after and loved. Shells are especially loved by kids and people who like collecting memoirs from the beach and shores.
Everyone loves these pretty gifts from the deep blue waters and we absolutely love quotes about these shiny shore treasures. Seashell quotes make us miss the clear waters. While seashells come in all shapes and sizes, the Conus Gloriamaris is considered to be one of the rarest shells out there. Other common seashells would include shells like cardidae, cassidae, trochidae and cypraeidae. We have made a perfect list of quotes for seashell enthusiasts and lovers.
If you find our content interesting, you can also check out [ocean quotes] and sailing quotes.
Popular Seashell Quotations That You Will Love
Here is a collection of famous quotes about seashells and conch shell quotes!
1. “A seashell should be the crest of England, not only because it represents a power built on the waves, but also the hard finish of the men.”
- Ralph Waldo Emerson.
2. “I am a tiny seashell that has secretly drifted ashore and carries the sound of the ocean surging through its body. I am so small now no one can see me. How can I be filled with such a vast love?“
- Edward Hirsch.
3. “Sea Shell, Sea Shell, Sing of the things you know so well.”
- Amy Lowell.
4. “Everybody needs a seashell in her bathroom to remind her the ocean is her home.”
- Sue Monk Kidd.
5. “I do not know what I may appear to the world, but to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the seashore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me.”
- Isaac Newton.
6. “One cannot collect all the beautiful shells on the beach.”
- Anne Morrow Lindbergh.
Quotes Which Will Make You Want To Collect Shells On The Beach
Here are some more quotes about shells from the shore.
7. “To find a seashell is to discover a world of imagination.”
- Michelle Held.
8. “By listening to certain words as a child listens to the sea in a seashell, a word dreamer hears the murmur of a world of dreams.”
- Gaston Bachelard.
9. “Never venture and risk a seashell for a pearl; conversely, one can choose and select it in an open field, without risk.”
- Ehsan Sehgal.
10. “I have a large seashell collection which I keep scattered along the beaches around the world. Maybe you’ve seen it.”
- Steven Wright.
11. “How did these beautiful rainbow tints get into the shell of the freshwater clam buried in the mud at the bottom of our dark river?”
- Henry David Thoreau.
Seashell Love Quotes Make You Want To Always Have A Shell
Here are more seashells quotes that will make you want to go collect seashells right now.
12. “When I lean my ear up against your seashell heart, I can hear an ocean of loving roaring inside.”
- John Mark Green.
13. "Don't let the waves of others drown out your own ocean song. Hold your heart as though it was a seashell. And listen to it. Listen to its music. To the whispers of your ocean within. And then swim."
- S. C. Lourie.
14. “In fact, we started off with two or three different shells and the shell had life of its own.”
- Ken Thompson.
15. “Can I be as serene and simple as this bleached shell, rubbed smooth by wind and water, receiving and releasing, filling and emptying and filling again, eternally receptive to the currents of life?”
- Katrina Kenison.
16. “Every seashell has a story.”
- Jack Bauer.
Funny Seashell Quotes And Sayings
Here are some hilarious seashell quotes that will crack you up!
17. “I'm collecting seashells, putting them in a plastic bag, taking them home, putting them in the garage and never ever looking at them ever again.”
18. “She sells seashells by the sea shore.”
- Terry Sullivan.
19. “At worst, spring break in Daytona Beach feels feral - like everybody is trying to re-create scenes from the movie ‘The Hangover’.”
- W. Kamau Bell.
20. “My wife... it's difficult to say what she does... she sells seashells on the seashore.”
- Milton Jones.
21. “Friends are like seashells we collect along the way.”
22. “I have paid as much as $300 a night to throw up into a sink shaped like a seashell.”
- Erma Bombeck.
23. “A beach is not only a sweep of sand, but shells of sea creatures, the sea glass, the seaweed, the incongruous objects washed up by the ocean.”
- Henry Grunwald.
Popular Seashell Sayings That Are Loved
Here is a collection of sayings and proverbs about shells.
24. “Those who look for seashells will find seashells; those who open them will find pearls.”
25. “Pretty sure birthstone is a seashell.”
26. “If you shine, I shine.
My dear, my life
Is washed up like a seashell longing to be dry
So please shine, please shine.”
- Jonathan Jones, 'Please Shine'.
27. “May you always have a shell in your pocket and sand between your toes.”
28. “Salt water and seashells heal everything.”
29. “Like seashells we are beautiful and unique each with a story to tell”
Quotes About Seas That Will Make You Miss The Shells
Here are more quotes about the deep blue waters that will make you want to hear the waves with your ear.
30. “We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch it, we are going back from whence we came.”
- President John F. Kennedy.
31. “The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever.”
- Jacques Yves Cousteau.
32. “The waves of the sea help me get back to me.”
- Jill Davis.
33. “There is nothing the ocean has not seen.”
- Sally Andrew.
34. “The ocean stirs the heart, inspires the imagination and brings eternal joy to the soul.”
- Robert Wyland.
35. “Land is the secure ground of home, the sea is like life, the outside, the unknown.”
- Stephen Gardiner.
36. “Just as the wave cannot exist for itself, but is ever a part of the heaving surface of the ocean, so must I never live my life for itself, but always in the experience which is going on around me.”
- Albert Schweitzer.
Cute Seashell Quotes That Are Adorable
Here are some cute quotes about shells from beaches that you will definitely love.
36. “I like to take the time out to listen to the trees, much in the same way that I listen to a sea shell, holding my ear against the rough bark of the trunk, hearing the inner singing of the sap. It's a lovely sound, the beating of the heart of the tree.”
- Madeleine L'Engle.
44. “A baby's feet, like seashells pink .”
- Algernon Charles Swinburne.
45. “Me and this shell are craving some vitamin sea.”
46. “Like a kid trying to empty the abundance of an ocean with a chipped sea shell.”
47. “She hardly ever thought of him. He had worn a place for himself in some corner of her heart, as a sea shell, always boring against the rock, might do.”
- T. H. White.
48. “Seashells are proof that nothing is ever really empty.”
Awesome Beach Quotes And Spring Break Quotes
Here are some quotes about the love for beaches so many of us have! Everyone just needs an excuse to collect hundreds of shells and run around in the sand in every direction.
49. “I love the beach. I love the sea. All my life I live within, in front of, the sea.”
- Rafael Nadal.
50. “My toes know where they belong. They find the sand.”
51. “In every outthrust headland, in every curving beach, in every grain of sand there is the story of the earth.”
- Rachel Carson.
52. “A beach and warm weather is all I really need.”
- Rob Gronkowski.
53. “Seeing photographs of my dad, Bert, on the beach with a knotted handkerchief on his head to avoid getting sunburn still brings a smile to my face .”
- Vera Lynn.
54. "I can't wait to be that age and hanging out with a bunch of people hanging out all day playing golf and going to the beach, all my own age."
- Cameron Diaz.
55. “Words today are like the shells and rope of seaweed which a child brings home glistening from the beach and which in an hour have lost their luster.”
- Cyril Connolly.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for seashell quotes then why not take a look at beach day quotes, or fishing quotes.
*Do you know where this quote originated? Please email us to let us know at [email protected]
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.