Get inspiration for parents!
Subscribe for parenting tips, family money advice, baby names and more
The first step towards self improvement is to build up your will to manifest the change.
You have most probably seen famous self-improvement quotes being reiterated at places of excellence. Quotes are an essential step towards making a change in life towards your self improvement for something noble.
Having the self knowledge to drive change is one of the first sources that lead you to become superior to your former self. People always strive to look for an easy route, but that is seldom possible in life. The way to self improvement is to work on yourself, the article below has many ideas on how we can achieve this. Quotes about working on yourself allow you to strive beyond the limits of stagnant personal development.
If you find the self improvement quotes amusing, check out self-reflection quotes and [focus on yourself quotes] to know more things about self change.
Quotes On Self Improvement For A Superior Life
No one can ignore the much needed growth of mind and self that can take place through self improvement ideas. In this section you will find quotes that will help you do better for yourself.
1. “In the realm of ideas everything depends on enthusiasm, in the real world all rests on perseverance.”
‒ Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe.
2. “There's nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
‒ Ernest Hemingway.
3. “As human beings, our greatness lies not so much in being able to remake the world - that is the myth of the atomic age - as in being able to remake ourselves.”
‒ Mahatma Gandhi.
4. “Live life to the fullest, and focus on the positive!”
‒ Matt Cameron.
5. “Always dream and shoot higher than you know you can do. Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself.”
‒ William Faulkner.
6. “You are essentially who you create yourself to be and all that occurs in your life is the result of your own making.”
‒ Stephen Richards.
7. “Make the most of yourself, for that is all there is of you.”
‒ Ralph Waldo Emerson.
8. “The only time you fail is when you fall down and stay down.”
‒ Stephen Richards.
9. “Given the choice between the experience of pain and nothing, I would choose pain.”
‒ William Faulkner, ‘The Wild Palms’.
10. “Any idea, plan, or purpose may be placed in the mind through repetition of thought.”
‒ Napoleon Hill.
11. “The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change.”
‒ Carl R Rogers.
12. “You must do the thing you think you cannot do.”
‒ Eleanor Roosevelt, ‘You Learn By Living: Eleven Keys For A More Fulfilling Life’.
13. “Recognizing that you are not where you want to be is a starting point to begin changing your life.”
‒ Deborah Day.
14. “We must have courage to bet on our ideas, to take the calculated risk, and to act. Everyday living requires courage if life is to be effective and bring happiness.”
‒ Maxwell Maltz.
15. “When you stop living your life based on what others think of you real life begins. At that moment, you will finally see the door of self acceptance opened.”
‒ Shannon L. Alder.
16. “Once we accept our limits, we go beyond them.”
‒ Albert Einstein.
17. “Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a fortune.”
‒ Jim Rohn.
18. “There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self.”
‒ Aldous Huxley.
19. “Be wiser than other people if you can; but do not tell them so.”
‒ Dale Carnegie.
20. “We can't become what we need to be by remaining what we are.”
‒ Oprah Winfrey.
21. “Employ your time in improving yourself by other men’s writings so that you shall come easily by what others have laboured hard for.”
22. “Just don't give up trying to do what you really want to do. Where there is love and inspiration, I don't think you can go wrong.”
‒ Ella Fitzgerald.
23. “Manifesting is a lot like making a cake. The things needed are supplied by you, the mixing is done by your mind and the baking is done in the oven of the universe.”
‒ Stephen Richards, ‘Think Your Way To Success’.
24. “It is never too late to be who you might have been.”
‒ George Eliot.
25. “If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude.”
‒ Maya Angelou.
Quotes On Self Improvement About Personal Growth
All of us try to be an improved person, so every day it is important to go through some self improvement quotes. Here you will find quotes on self improvement and work on yourself quotes to stick on your walls and go through every day.
26. “The safest principle through life, instead of reforming others, is to set about perfecting yourself.”
‒ B R Haydon.
27. “Change is your friend not your foe, change is a brilliant opportunity to grow.”
‒ Simon T. Bailey.
28. “Successful people do whatever it takes to get the job done, whether or not they feel like it.”
‒ Jeff Olson, ‘The Slight Edge’.
30. “Look within, for within is the wellspring of virtue, which will not cease flowing, if you cease not from digging.”
‒ Marcus Aurelius.
31. “Self improvement is the name of the game, and your primary objective is to strengthen yourself, not to destroy an opponent.”
‒ Maxwell Maltz.
32. “Be patient with yourself. Self-growth is tender; it's holy ground. There's no greater investment.”
‒ Stephen Cove.
33. “No matter who you are, no matter what you did, no matter where you've come from, you can always change, become a better version of yourself.”
34. “I want to grow. I want to be better. You Grow. We all grow. We're made to grow. You either evolve or you disappear.”
‒ Tupac Shakur.
35. “Instead of writing down what you’re going to do (chances are you’ve been doing that your whole adult life anyway, and it doesn’t make you any better at doing them), write down at the end of the day what you did do that day.”
‒ Jeff Olson.
36. “One must not hold one's self so divine as to be unwilling occasionally to make improvements in one's creations.”
‒ Ludwig van Beethoven.
37. “If we wait for the moment when everything, absolutely everything is ready, we shall never begin.”
‒ Ivan Turgenev.
38. “Synchronizing mind and body is not a concept or a random technique someone thought up for self-improvement. Rather, it is a basic principle of how to be a human being.”
‒ Chögyam Trungpa.
39. “Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experiences that reveals the human spirit.”
‒ E.E. Cummings.
40. “The health of your brain is much more about your actions than your age.”
‒ Dr. Daniel Amen.
41. “Work on yourself more than you do on your job.”
‒ Jim Rohn.
42. “Be master of your petty annoyances and conserve your energies for the big, worthwhile things. It isn’t the mountain ahead that wears you out—it’s the grain of sand in your shoe.”
‒ Robert Service.
43. “It's fine to celebrate success but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure.”
‒ Bill Gates.
44. “Don't wish it were easier, wish you were better.”
‒ Jim Rohn.
45. “We see the world as 'we' are, not as 'it' is; because it is the 'I' behind the 'eye' that does the seeing.”
‒ Anais Nin.
46. “They must often change, who would be constant in happiness or wisdom.”
47. “We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve.”
‒ Bill Gates.
48. “Growth is actually contagious, so if you want to reach your goals, you’ve got to get around people who are going in the same direction you want to be going, and you will catch the success.”
‒ Henry Cloud.
49. “Those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.”
‒ George Bernard Shaw.
50. “Man needs his difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy success.”
‒ A. P. J. Abdul Kalam.
51. “Improvement starts within you and is dependent on your own efforts. So, make the effort.”
‒ Remez Sasson.
52. “Repeat anything often enough and it will start to become you.”
‒ Tom Hopkins.
53. “What are the aims which are at the same time duties? They are perfecting of ourselves, the happiness of others.”
‒ Immanuel Kant.
54. “The most painful thing is losing yourself in the process of loving someone too much, and forgetting that you are special too.”
‒ Ernest Hemingway, ‘Men Without Women’.
55. “Difficulties are just things to overcome, after all”.
‒ Ernest Shackleton.
Self Improvement Quotes From Successful People
Are you looking for that one 'focus on yourself quote' for your followers and for your side hustle? In this collection you will find all funny self-improvement quotes and effective self improvement quotes to become a person higher than you know.
56. “Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.”
‒ Henry Ford.
57. “Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.”
‒ Steve Jobs.
58. “If you can't tolerate critics, don't do anything new or interesting.”
‒ Jeff Bezos.
59. “Persistence is very important. You should not give up unless you are forced to give up.”
‒ Elon Musk.
60. “Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.”
‒ Barack Obama.
61. “Success is only meaningful and enjoyable if it feels like your own.”
‒ Michelle Obama, ‘Oregon State University Commencement Address’.
62. “You don't learn to walk by following rules. You learn by doing, and by falling over.”
‒ Richard Branson.
63. “The biggest risk is not taking any risk. In a world that is changing really quickly, the only strategy that is guaranteed to fail is not taking risks.”
‒ Mark Zuckerberg.
64. “Today is hard, tomorrow is harder, but the day after tomorrow is beautiful.”
‒ Jack Ma.
65. “It’s very hard to fail completely if you aim high enough.”
‒ Larry Page.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for self improvement quotes then why not take a look at [self-awareness quotes] or find yourself quotes.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.