Get inspiration for education!
Subscribe for virtual tools, STEM-inspired play, creative tips and more
Outer Space quotes and facts about outer space are some of the most engaging topics that have fascinated humans all around the world for years.
What lies beyond our reach of the Earth and if there is life out there are the most asked questions which astronomers, astronauts, and space researchers are still yet the find out. Space travel and space theory research is still treated as the most fascinating job one can have and is highly sought after.
Here's a spectacular list of some of the most engaging space quotes for all the space enthusiasts out there about space and space travel.
If you like our content, you can check out other amazing articles like [space exploration quotes] and Buzz Aldrin quotes.
Famous Astronaut Quotes
Are you searching for some famous inspirational quotes from people who have traveled to outer space like Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin, and the like? Here is a list of the best.
1. "Anyone who sits on top of the largest hydrogen-oxygen fueled system in the world, knowing they're going to light the bottom, and doesn't get a little worried, does not fully understand the situation."
2. "That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind."
3. "From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty."
4. "I don't know what you can say about a day when you have seen four beautiful sunsets…. This is a little unusual, I think."
5. "It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small."
6. "Mars has been flown by, orbited, smacked into, radar examined, and rocketed onto, as well as bounced upon, rolled over, shoveled, drilled into, baked and even blasted. Still to come: Mars being stepped on."
7. "When I first looked back at the Earth, standing on the Moon, I cried."
8. "The dinosaurs became extinct because they didn't have a space program."
9. "The Earth was absolutely round. I believe I never knew what the word round meant until I saw Earth from space."
10. "The scenery was very beautiful. But I did not see The Great Wall."
- Yang Liwei.
11. "I absolutely couldn't identify with the people who were astronauts. I thought they were movie stars."
-David. M. Brown.
12. "Astronauts are inherently insane. And really noble."
– Andy Weir.
13. "I remember growing up thinking that astronauts and their job was the coolest thing you could possibly do."
-David. M. Brown.
14. "I know the sky is not the limit because there are footprints on the Moon — and I made some of them!"
15. "When I orbited the Earth in a spaceship, I saw for the first time how beautiful our planet is. Mankind, let us preserve and increase this beauty, and not destroy it!"
– Yuri Gagarin.
16. "What everyone in the astronaut corps shares in common is not gender or ethnic background, but motivation, perseverance, and desire — the desire to participate in a voyage of discovery."
– Ellen Ochoa.
17. "Gravity hurts."
– Viktor Alexandrov.
18. "We are limited only by our imagination and our will to act."
– Ron Garan.
19. "To some this may look like a sunset. But it's a new dawn."
– Chris Hadfield.
20. "Never limit yourself because of others' limited imagination; never limit others because of your own limited imagination."
– Mae Jemison.
21. "Earth is a small town with many neighborhoods in a very big universe."
– Ron Garan.
22. "It's easy to sleep floating around — it's very comfortable. But you have to be careful that you don't float into somebody or something!"
– James Irwin.
23. "To be the first to enter the cosmos, to engage, single-handed, in an unprecedented duel with nature—could one dream of anything more?"
24. "I thought the attractions of being an astronaut were actually, not so much the moon, but flying in a completely new medium."
– Neil Armstrong.
25. "Of course risk is part of spaceflight. We accept some of that to achieve greater goals in exploration and find out more about ourselves and the universe."
– Lisa Nowak.
26. "Any astronaut can tell you you've got to do everything you can to learn about your life support system and then do everything you can to take care of it."
– Sylvia Earle.
27. "I don't know what you could say about a day in which you have seen four beautiful sunsets."
– John Glenn.
28. "In the van, we can see the rocket in the distance, lit up and shining, an obelisk. In reality, of course, it's a 4.5-megaton bomb loaded with explosive fuel, which is why everyone else is driving away from it."
– Chris Hadfield.
29. "To become an astronaut is not a question of being the best at something or things coming easy to you, but it's being a person that can work with others and not give up. And, for me, that was part of it too."
– Michael J. Massimino.
Inspirational Quotes About Space
Here is a galaxy of inspiration just for you. Feel inspired with these amazing space quotes.
30. "I watched the space program being born, and I would like to participate."
31. "Space is for everybody. It's not just for a few people in science or math, or for a select group of astronauts. That's our new frontier out there, and it's everybody's business to know about space."
32. "God has no intention of setting a limit to the efforts of man to conquer space."
-Pope Pius XII.
33. "We accept some of that to achieve greater goals in exploration and find out more about ourselves and the universe."
34. "The rocket will free man from his remaining chains, the chains of gravity which still tie him to this planet. It will open to him the gates of heaven."
-Wernher von Braun.
35. "Space travel is life-enhancing, and anything that's life-enhancing is worth doing. It makes you want to live forever."
- Ray Bradbury.
36. "Let's face it, space is a risky business. I always considered every launch a barely controlled explosion."
37. "I cannot join the space program and restart my life as an astronaut, but this opportunity to connect my abilities as an educator with my interests in history and space is a unique opportunity to fulfill my early fantasies."
38. "Don't tell me that man doesn't belong out there. Man belongs wherever he wants to go - and he'll do plenty well when he gets there."
-Wernher von Braun.
39. "Of course risk is part of spaceflight."
- Stuart Atkinson.
40. "Cosmology does, I think, affect the way that we perceive humanity's role in nature."
– Neil deGrasse Tyson.
41. "Life, forever dying to be born afresh, forever young and eager, will presently stand upon this Earth as upon a footstool, and stretch out its realm amidst the stars."
42. "The thing I'll remember most about the flight is that it was fun. In fact, I'm sure it was the most fun that I'll ever have in my life."
- Sally K. Ride.
43. "Man is an artifact designed for space travel. He is not designed to remain in his present biologic state any more than a tadpole is designed to remain a tadpole."
44. "Our two greatest problems are gravity and paperwork. We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming."
-Wernher von Braun.
45. "If offered a seat on a rocket ship, don't ask what seat. Just get on."
46. "This is a day we have managed to avoid for a quarter of a century. We've talked about it before and speculated about it, and it finally has occurred. We hoped we could push this day back forever."
– John Glenn.
47. "A sense of the unknown has always lured mankind and the greatest of the unknowns of today is outer space. The terrors, the joys and the sense of accomplishment are epitomized in the space program."
The Best Space Quotes Of All Time
Here is a list of quotes and sayings about space and astronomy by famous people all around the world.
48. "In the context of general relativity, space almost is a substance. It can bend and twist and stretch, and probably the best way to think about space is to just kind of imagine a big piece of rubber that you can pull and twist and bend."
49. "Through you, we feel as giants, once again."
- President Ronald Reagan, to the Crew of the First Shuttle Mission.
50. "When forced to summarize the general theory of relativity in one sentence: Time and space and gravitation have no separate existence from matter."
51. "We choose to go to the Moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills."
-John F. Kennedy.
52. "We can't explore space if the requirement is that there be no casualties; we can't do anything if the requirement is that there be no casualties."
53. "Every generation has the obligation to free men's minds for a look at new worlds . . . to look out from a higher plateau than the last generation."
-Ellison S. Onizuka.
54. "For every one billion particles of antimatter there were one billion and one particles of matter. And when the mutual annihilation was complete, one billionth remained – and that's our present universe."
55. "By denying scientific principles, one may maintain any paradox."
56. "You cannot look up at the night sky on the Planet Earth and not wonder what it's like to be up there amongst the stars. And I always look up at the moon and see it as the single most romantic place within the cosmos."
57. "It's a fixer-upper of a planet but we could make it work."
58. "For here am I sitting in my tin can
Far above the world
Planet Earth is blue
And there's nothing I can do."
-David Bowie, 'Space Oddity.'
59. "In my studies of astronomy and philosophy I hold this opinion about the universe, that the Sun remains fixed in the centre of the circle of heavenly bodies, without changing its place; and the Earth, turning upon itself, moves round the Sun."
Iconic Space Quotes By Stephen Hawking
Stephen Hawking is considered to be one of the most famous cosmologists. Here is a list of space quotes from him.
60. "Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the Universe exist."
61. "To confine our attention to terrestrial matters would be to limit the human spirit."
62. "One of the basic rules of the universe is that nothing is perfect. Perfection simply doesn't exist…..Without imperfection, neither you nor I would exist."
63. "I don't think the human race will survive the next thousand years, unless we spread into space. There are too many accidents that can befall life on a single planet. But I'm an optimist. We will reach out to the stars."
64. "My goal is simple. It is a complete understanding of the universe, why it is as it is and why it exists at all."
Famous Quotes By Carl Sagan
Here is a list of famous quotes from celebrated astronomer Carl Sagan.
65. "The cosmos is all that is or ever was or ever will be. Our feeblest contemplations of the Cosmos stir us."
66. "There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world."
67. "For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
68. "The cosmos is within us. We are made of star-stuff. We are a way for the universe to know itself."
69. "Who is more humble? The scientist who looks at the universe with an open mind and accepts whatever the universe has to teach us, or somebody who says everything in this book must be considered the literal truth and never mind the fallibility of all the human beings involved?"
70. "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known."
Here is a list of quotes from famous astronomers.
71. "Man must rise above the Earth—to the top of the atmosphere and beyond—for only thus will he fully understand the world in which he lives."
72. "Astronomy compels the soul to look upward, and leads us from this world to another."
73. "The purpose of life is the investigation of the Sun, the Moon, and the heavens."
74. "Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day, but when I follow the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth; I ascend to Zeus himself to feast me on ambrosia, the food of the gods."
75. "The strongest affection and utmost zeal should, I think, promote the studies concerned with the most beautiful objects. This is the discipline that deals with the universe's divine revolutions, the stars' motions, sizes, distances, risings and settings . . . for what is more beautiful than heaven?"
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for space quotes then why not take a look at astronaut quotes, or [moon landing quotes].
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.