Get inspiration for education!
Subscribe for virtual tools, STEM-inspired play, creative tips and more
Spiders are full of amusing things and interesting facts.
Spider quotes will tell you about some of their unknown and interesting characteristics. These include how spiders make the best use of their eight legs or spin their web.
These spider quotes would let you know the facts and the way of living life in terms of a spider, like how a spider think and work to make the full use of day. Having eights legs doesn't just mean that you have an upper hand in life. Everyone knows how Spider-Man makes the best use out of his power, one of his famous sayings being "with great power comes great responsibility." So here are spider quotes for all those Spider-Man and spiders fan out there.
For more, explore [Spider-Man quotes] and animal lover quotes.
Spider Quotes For Some Spider Motivation
We all have seen at least one spider in our house at any point in our life. But have you ever taken it as a creature full of motivational spirit? Probably not. This section of spider quotes is all about being motivated even when coming from a small creature with eight legs, such as spiders.
1. "Most spiders eat and remake their webs every night."
- Alice Oswald.
2. "I never kill insects. If I see ants or spiders in the room, I pick them up and take them outside. Karma is everything."
3. "We live on the circumference of a hollow circle. We draw the circumference, like spiders, out of ourselves: it is all criticism of criticism."
4. "A wandering mind is as venomous as a wandering spider."
5. "At times, life is just like a web. You fall, and a spider called accident, at the center, takes you to the hell."
6. "Don't be like a spider spinning a lonely web and let life's opportunities pass you by."
-Ranjeeta Nath Ghai.
7. "Spiders are born to spin; they do not need to be taught. A spider's web is its home. Some spiders use a web to catch their prey, while others prefer to hunt."
-Kay De Silva.
8. "When spider webs unite, they can tie up a lion."
9. "Written laws are like spider's webs; they will catch, it is true, the weak and poor, but would be torn in pieces by the rich and powerful."
10. "Fiction is like a spider's web, attached ever so lightly perhaps, but still attached to life at all four corners. Often the attachment is scarcely perceptible."
11. "Narcissists, however, are similar to a spider that has built a web for its prey to bring itself.”
12. "'I excel at pulling strings!' said Arachne. 'I’m a spider!'”
― Rick Riordan, 'The Mark of Athena'.
13. "When the bee sucks, it makes honey, when the spider, poison."
14. "Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly."
15. "The difference between utility and utility plus beauty is the difference between telephone wires and the spider web."
-Edwin Way Teale.
16. "Thus I, gone forth, as spiders do, In spider’s web a truth discerning, Attach one silken strand to you For my returning."
-E. B. White.
17. "The world must live. We are only one species among billions. The gods don't love us any more than they love spiders or bears or whales or water lilies."
18. "If you can feel like a good man in your 40s, you can feel like a better man in your 50s, a Superman in your 60s, and maybe a Spider-Man in your 70s."
19. "There are occasions when I would rather feel like a fly than a spider."
-E. M. Forster.
20. "You can't get away, you can't escape. You'll jump through a plate-glass window several times and end up being right back in the spider's web."
21. "Compared to the bugs and the spiders and flies, I am an ape-man."
22. "My brain more busy than the laboring spider Weaves tedious snares to trap mine enemies."
Sayings About Spiders
There are some known proverbs and sayings about spiders. Spiders are more useful than we think. We can learn from them too. So here are spider quotes and known sayings you may like. You might even keep these sayings in mind when you go about your day-to-day activities.
23. "To destroy the cobweb, destroy the spider."
24. "Words are like the spiders web: a shelter for the clever ones and a trap for the not so clever."
25. "Big flies break the spider web."
26. "Poetry is a fresh morning spider-web telling a story of moonlit hours of weaving and waiting during a night."
27. "Spiders' webs only have to be large enough to catch flies."
28. "The spider is a repairer. If you bash into the web of a spider, she doesn't get mad. She weaves and repairs it."
29. "In the beginning, sin is like a thread of a spider's web."
30. "His ambition is to be the spider in the World Wide Web."
31. "Our souls sit close and silently within, And their own web from their own entrails spin; And when eyes meet far off, our sense is such, That, spider-like, we feel the tenderest touch."
- John Dryden.
32. "A story is like something you wind out of yourself. Like a spider, it is a web you weave, and you love your story like a child."
-Katherine Anne Porter.
33. "Life was more difficult in Inkheart, yet it seemed to Meggie that with every new day Fenoglio's story was spinning a magic spell around her heart, sticky as a spider's web and enchantingly beautiful.."
34. "A spider is slow, but its web catches the fastest flies."
35. "Sometimes it looks like I'm dancing, but it's just that I walked into a spider web."
36. "The greatest artist and web-designer ever is indeed a spider!"
37. "This must be what a fly felt like when it was caught fast in a spider's web."
38. "All that the spider needs to complete its web is step taking."
-Ernest Agyemang Yeboah.
39. "Everything that the spider needs to make a spider-web is not found in the house-fly it's right there in the spider! Whatever you need to make impacts is in you!"
40. "I have lived eighty years of life and know nothing for it, but to be resigned and tell myself that flies are born to be eaten by spiders and man to be devoured by sorrow."
41. "What has eight legs, fangs, and hair all over? Is it a monster? No, it's a spider!"
42. "The entire universe is one ecosystem, similar to a spider web— if one part is touched, the entire net shimmers. "
43. "Experience is...a kind of huge spider-web of the finest silken threads suspended in the chamber of consciousness, and catching every airborne particle in its tissue."
'Spider-Man' Movie Quotes
This movie section is totally dedicated to Spider-Man as he is the one hero who can explain the real spider feeling in any scenario. You may find you recognize many of these quotes from the movies, and these quotes may make you want to see them again!
44. "Being the fastest isn’t the best if you’re always wrong."
45. "Everyone has a part of themselves they hide. Even from the people they love most."
46. "Everyday I wake up knowing that the more people I try to save. The more enemies I will make."
47. "I think there is a hero in all of us."
48. "Sometimes to do what is right we have to give up the things we want the most even our dreams."
49. "What we believe we know may not be the truth."
50. "Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words: 'With great power comes great responsibility.' This is my gift, my curse. Who am I? I'm Spiderman."
51. "Some spiders change colors to blend into their environment. It's a defense mechanism."
52. "No matter what I do, no matter how hard I try, the ones I love will always be the ones who pay…"
53. "Never wound what you can’t kill."
54. "We all have powers of one kind or another."
55. "You are much stronger than you think you are. Trust me."
56. "But she can never know. I made a choice once to live a life of responsibility. A life she can never be a part of. Who am I? I’m Spider-Man, given a job to do. And I’m Peter Parker, and I too have a job."
57. "Some spiders change colors to blend into their environment. It's a defense mechanism."
Quotes From Other Spider Movies
In this last section of spiders quotes, we have listed quotes about spiders from various movies other than 'Spider-Man'. You might find you recognize some of these spiders quotes and sayings. Take a look at these quotes about spiders and see which you like. After reading these quotes, you might want to check out some of the films too.
58."He's like a spider. I happen to like spiders."
-'Along Came A Spider'.
59. “I'm gonna come at you like a spider monkey!”
-'Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby'.
60. “The itsy bitsy spider caught a mouse in its web, the itsy bitsy spider bit off the mouse's head.”
-'An American Tail: Fievel Goes West'.
61. "James Andrews: They tried to kill you too?
Charlie Chan: Spider does not spin web for single fly."
-'Charlie Chan in Shanghai'.
62. “I don't like spiders at all, but I love heights.”
63. “Jimmy McGinty: A real man admits his fears. That's what I'm asking you to do here tonight. Fears... lets talk about them.
Clifford Franklin: I'm scared of spiders, Coach.”
64. “Harlan Griffith: There's no way you're telling me that thing back there is from Earth!
Chris McCormick: All right! They're spiders from Mars! You happy?”
-'Eight Legged Freaks'.
65. "Follow the spiders! Follow the spiders!"
-Ron Weasley, 'Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets'.
66. “Deputy Pete Willis: They're not aliens, they're spiders mutated by contaminated waste!
Harlan Griffith: That's probably a more logical explanation!”
-'Eight Legged Freaks'.
67. "Why spiders? Why can't it be 'follow the butterflies'?!"
-Ron Weasley, 'Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets'.
68. "I mean it was clear as day. T-E-R-R-I-F-I-C, I mean can you believe a spider wrote that?"
-Homer Zuckerman, 'Charlotte's Web' (2006).
69. "You made me your friend and in doing so, you made a spider beautiful to everyone in that barn"
-Charlotte the Spider, 'Charlotte's Web' (2006).
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for Spider Quotes then why not take a look at animal house quotes, animal rights quotes, or tiger quotes.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.