Get inspiration for education!
Subscribe for virtual tools, STEM-inspired play, creative tips and more
Winning quotes are considered to be the best motivational quotes ever.
If you really want to lift up your spirits with a note of positivity, winning quotes will help you. Quotes on having a winning attitude inspire you to be a winner every day.
Victories and failures are a part and parcel of life. While some endeavors bring us victory, others may not bear fruits. But that doesn't mean that we lose hope and give up. Persistence, determination, and a belief in yourself are what it takes to be a winner and carve your way to the top. While you try to reach the top, it's important that you remain grounded and unhindered irrespective of whether you face victory or loss. So, if you love winning quotes, here are over 50 winning quotes that will help you prepare to win in every pursuit of life.
If you like what you have read, then do check out our [victory quotes] and [be bold quotes].
Famous Quotes About Winning
These winning quotes from famous personalities will give you all the motivation you need.
1. "Not all dreamers are winners, but all winners are dreamers. Your dream is the key to your future."
2. "You're not obligated to win. You're obligated to keep trying. To the best you can do everyday."
3. "Winning doesn't always mean being first. Winning means you're doing better than you've ever done before."
4. "Winning takes precedence over all. There's no gray area. No almosts."
5. "It's not the will to win that matters—everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters."
6. "I just think winners win. And guys who won all the way through high school and college, the best player at every level, they have a way of making things happen and winning games."
7. "The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. Thats the essence of it."
8. "I've certainly had periods when I felt like life was winning and I was losing, so I think everybody can relate to that quandary — the temptation to give in, to give up, and then what It takes to keep going."
9. "A quitter never wins and a winner never quits."
10. "When I was younger I was taught that a winner never quits, and a quitter never wins."
11. "Failures do what is tension relieving, while winners do what is goal achieving."
- Denis Waitley.
12. "We see them all around us: the winners and the losers. The losers can oftentimes become winners, and the winners can very easily become losers."
-William S. Burroughs.
13. "Winning is something that builds physically and mentally every day that you train and every night that you dream."
14. "Imagination has a great deal to do with winning."
15. "Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
16. "I try to do the right thing at the right time. They may just be little things, but usually they make the difference between winning and losing."
17. "You don't win once in a while... you don't do things right once in a while... you do them right all the time. Winning is habit."
18. "Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose."
19. "Fame you'll be famous, as famous as can be, with everyone watching you win on TV, Except when they don't because sometimes they won't..."
- Dr. Seuss.
Winning Sayings And Quotes For Winners
Here some inspiring winning quotes that will push you to give your best in all endeavours.
20. "Take what pleasure you can in the interstices of your work, but your work is first, learning first, winning is everything because without it there is nothing."
21. "You rarely win, but sometimes you do."
22. "To winners, nothing seems unpleasant."
-William Shakespeare, 'Henry IV, Part 1', c. 1597.
23. "Nothing is black and white, except for winning and losing, and maybe that's why people gravitate to that so much."
24. "Persistence is the quality of winners. Successful people never never give up."
25. "Always imitate the behavior of the winners when you lose."
26. "Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second."
27. "You can't win unless you learn how to lose."
28. "You were not born a winner, and you were not born a loser. You are what you make yourself to be."
- Lou Holtz.
29. "Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all the time thing."
30. "You were born to win, but to be a winner, you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win."
31. "Winners must learn to relish change with the same enthusiasm and energy that we have resisted it in the past."
32. "Dieting is the only game where you win when you lose!"
33. "To win you have to risk loss."
34. "Winning is fun... Sure. But winning is not the point. Wanting to win is the point."
35. "Winning once or twice is encouraging, but winning continuously is empowering."
-Rosabeth Moss Kanter.
36. "You learn more from losing than winning. You learn how to keep going."
37. "The determination to win is the better part of winning."
38. "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure..."
39. "You were born a winner, a warrior, one who defied the odds by surviving the most gruesome battle of them all - the race to the egg."
40. "One should always play fairly when one has the winning cards."
41. "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."
42. "You have greatness in you. The key is to get it out."
43. "It's that will and determination that I hope will get me where I want to go."
-Dale Earnhardt, Jr.
44. "The only way to win is to fight on the side of your adversaries."
Winning Quotes For Sports
Here are some motivational winning quotes for sport and games that will help you ace as many of your challenges in life as possible.
45. "Never give up, never give in, and when the upper hand is ours, may we have the ability to handle the win with the dignity that we absorbed the loss."
46. "Most people give up just when they're about to achieve success. They quit on the one yard line. They give up at the last minute of the game one foot from a winning touchdown."
47. "The only way to prove that you're a good sport is to lose."
48. "I love the winning, I can take the losing, but most of all I just love to play."
49. "Great players are willing to give up their own personal achievement for the achievement of the group. It enhances everybody."
50. "Never change a winning game; always change a losing one."
51. "You can't win if you don't play as a unit."
52. "There are more important things in life than winning or losing a game."
53. "For me, winning isn't something that happens suddenly on the field when the whistle blows and the crowds roar."
54. "I think my greatest victory was every time I walked out there, I gave it everything I had. I left everything out there."
55. "I never did say that you can't be a nice guy and win. I said that if I was playing third base and my mother rounded third with the winning run, I'd trip her up."
56. "I'm a pretty good winner. I'm a terrible loser. And I rub it in pretty good when I win."
57. "When I need to push myself, I think of all those nicely polished trophies waiting to be lifted up by the winner - and how that winner might be me."
58. "All winning teams are goal-oriented. Teams like these win consistently because everyone connected with them concentrates on specific objectives."
59. "I became a good pitcher when I stopped trying to make them miss the ball and started trying to make them hit it."
60. "How you respond to the challenge in the second half will determine what you become after the game, whether you are a winner or a loser."
61. "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference."
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for Winning Quotes then why not take a look at [be brave quotes], or [be fearless quotes].
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.