Get inspiration for education!
Subscribe for virtual tools, STEM-inspired play, creative tips and more
We are here with a collection of best gift quotes for that tricky thank you cards to appreciate the practice of giving and receiving.
We all know the happiness we get from receiving a gift and the joy that others experience when giving them gifts. The smile is just so satisfying, just like reading the last line of happy ending in a book.
Gifts are a way to display your love, affection, and care towards others, either through material means or immaterial means. Giving presents is a display of kindness and happiness, showing you are a giver.
Gifts can be small (book, help, flowers) or big but will have value in both the giver and the receiver’s lives. Let’s take a look at some of the best gift quotes for that tricky thank you cards, famous quotes about gifts, thank you quotes for gifts, along with best quotes about giving.
If you enjoy reading this article, you may like reading ['Thank You' wedding quotes] and 'Winnie The Pooh' Friendship quotes.
Best Thank You Gift Quotes
It is tough to express your feelings, but gifts are just the perfect way to channel your feelings. Let’s take a look at some of the best and most famous thank you for the gift quotes and greatest gift quotes that will encourage you to do the same for your loved ones and others.
1. “What you are is God’s gift to you, what you become is your gift to God.”
- Hans Urs von Balthasar.
2. “Yesterday’s the past, tomorrow’s the future, but today is a gift. That’s why it’s called the present.”
- Bil Keane.
3. “There are souls in this world which have the gift of finding joy everywhere and of leaving it behind them when they go.”
- Jean Paul.
4. “The greatest gift of life is friendship, and I have received it.”
- Hubert H. Humphrey.
5. “The best gift you can give is a hug: one size fits all and no one ever minds if you return it.”
- Marge Piercy.
6. “Life is a gift, and it offers us the privilege, opportunity, and responsibility to give something back by becoming more.”
- Tony Robbins.
7. “Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant.”
- Robert Louis Stevenson.
8. “We must believe that we are gifted for something, and that this thing, at whatever cost, must be attained.”
- Marie Curie.
9. “Presents are made for the pleasure of who gives them, not the merits of who receives them.”
- Carlos Ruiz Zafón.
10. “Anything that had to do with art I been doing all my life. It was a gift. It’s nothing I work real hard at doing.”
- Erykah Badu.
11. “When we give cheerfully and accept gratefully, everyone is blessed.”
- Maya Angelou.
12. “The paradox of gifts: I know what I have given you. I do not know what you have received.”
- Dr. Sun Wolf.
13. “Expressing gratitude to others is a gift to them. Experiencing gratitude is a gift to yourself.”
- Michael Josephson.
14. “The excellence of a gift lies in its appropriateness rather than in its value.”
- Charles Dudley Warner.
15. “Beauty is a gift, just like good health or intelligence. The only thing is not to be proud of being beautiful. Because you didn’t do anything - it was given to you.”
- Monica Bellucci.
Thanks For The Gift Quotes
Gifts display the feelings and expressions of the giver that are significantly associated with the receiver. But appreciating or thanking such practice is equally overwhelming for the givers. Let’s take a look at some of the best surprise gift quotes and love gift quotes for such precious gifts.
16. “Someone I loved once gave me a box full of darkness. It took me years to understand that this too, was a gift.”
- Mary Oliver.
17. “Life’s persistent and most urgent question is, What are you doing for others?”
- Martin Luther King Jr.
18. “Every great person is always being helped by everybody; for their gift is to get good out of all things and all persons.”
- John Ruskin.
19. “Those who are happiest are those who do the most for others.”
- Booker T. Washington.
20. “Make it a habit to tell people thank you. To express your appreciation, sincerely and without the expectation of anything in return. Truly appreciate those around you, and you’ll soon find many others around you. Truly appreciate life and you’ll find that you have more of it.”
- Ralph Marston.
21. “If you love someone, the greatest gift you can give them is your presence.”
- Thich Nhat Hanh.
22. “Gracious acceptance is an art – an art which most never bother to cultivate. We think that we have to learn how to give, but we forget about accepting things, which can be much harder than giving…. Accepting another person’s gift is allowing him to express his feelings for you.”
- Alexander McCall Smith.
23. “Always give without remembering and always receive without forgetting.”
- Brian Tracy.
24. “I appreciate you more because of the road I’ve traveled. My story brought me to you and I wouldn’t revise a word of my past if it led me anywhere but to your door.”
- Aaron Polson.
25. “The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away.”
- David Viscott.
26. “He saw clearly, immediately, that the man didn’t care about the gift’s value, didn’t care about the gift even, but cared profoundly for the act of receiving as though the gift were a tribute, a confirmation of his self, his being, his reality. He found no pleasure in what he was taking but in the act of taking itself.”
- Ninotchka Rosca.
Best Life Is A Gift Quotes
The practice of giving is just wonderful to the receiver as well as the giver. Gifts have special feelings associated with them that make our hearts swell. Let’s take a look at some of the best wedding gift quotes, Christmas gift quotes, and birthday gift quotes.
27. “I believe that we are here for each other, not against each other. Everything comes from an understanding that you are a gift in my life - whoever you are, whatever our differences.”
- John Denver.
28. “The greatest gift one can give is thanksgiving. In giving gifts, we give what we can spare, but in giving thanks we give ourselves.”
- David Steindl-Rast.
29. “No one has ever become poor by giving.”
- Anne Frank.
30. “Purposeful giving is not as apt to deplete one’s resources; it belongs to that natural order of giving that seems to renew itself even in the act of depletion. The more one gives, the more one has to give.”
- Anne Morrow Lindbergh.
31. “Change your expectation for appreciation and the world changes instantly.”
- Tony Robbins.
32. “The best gifts in the world are not in the material objects one can buy from the store, but in the memories we make with the people we love.”
33. “It is every man’s obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it.”
- Albert Einstein.
34. “The secret of success lies in the perfection of one’s gift and working frantically towards God’s given potential.”
- Sunday Adelaja.
35. “You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give.”
- Kahlil Gibran.
36. “Everyone has a gift for something, even if it is the gift of being a good friend.”
- Marian Anderson.
37. “To give and then not feel that one has given is the very best of all ways of giving.”
- Max Beerbohm.
38. “We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.”
- Winston Churchill.
39. “Gratitude can transform common days into thanksgiving, turn routine jobs into joy and change ordinary opportunities into blessings.”
- William Arthur Ward.
40. “A gift consists not in what is done or given, but in the intention of the giver or doer.”
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca.
41. “A book is a gift you can open again and again.”
- Garrison Keillor.
Quotes About Giving A Gift
Gifts and the idea of gifts is simply exciting for each one of us, whether a small kid or a grown adult. Let’s take a look at some of the best teacher gift quotes and you are a gift quotes about having a gift that displays the fondness and enthusiasm about the practice of receiving and giving God's gift quotes.
42. “Having, first, gained all you can, and, secondly saved all you can, Then give all you can.”
- John Wesley.
43. “It isn’t the size of the gift that matters, but the size of the heart that gives it.”
- Eileen Elias Freeman.
44. “Every gift which is given, even though it be small, is in reality great, if it is given with affection.”
45. “My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person, he believed in me.”
- Jim Valvano.
46. “There’s no greater gift than thinking that you had some impact on the world, for the better.”
- Gloria Steinem.
47. “If you can give your son or daughter only one gift, let it be enthusiasm.”
- Bruce Barton.
48. “There are many ways of doing good, such as little deeds of kindness, little words of encouragement and affection. By these gifts which are not bought with gold or silver, we can make others happy; not only at Christmas, but all year. If we made a practice of giving such gifts every day would be Christmas...”
- Frederick A. Reute.
49. “It is well to give when asked, but it is better to give unasked, through understanding; and to the open-handed the search for one who shall receive is joy greater than giving.”
- Kahlil Gibran.
50. “Every gift from a friend is a wish for your happiness.”
- Richard Bach.
51. “We must give more in order to get more. It is the generous giving of ourselves that produces the generous harvest.”
- Orison Swett Marden.
52. “Giving gifts to others is a fundamental activity, as old as humanity itself. Yet in the modern, complex world, the particulars of gift-giving can be extraordinarily challenging.”
- Andrew Weil.
53. “When I started counting my blessings, my whole life turned around.”
- Willie Nelson.
54. “Receiving is harder than giving, son. But gifts are made to be accepted.”
- Dani Harper
55. “Let us realize that: the privilege to work is a gift, the power to work is a blessing, the love of work is success!”
- David O. McKay.
56. “Every problem is a gift - without problems we would not grow.”
- Anthony Robbins.
57. “You can give without loving, but you cannot love without giving.”
- Amy Carmichael.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for gift quotes, then why not take a look at the best is yet to come quotes, or welcome quotes.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.