Get inspiration for parents!
Subscribe for parenting tips, family money advice, baby names and more
We are here with a collection of the best 'Gilmore Girls' quotes from all three seasons for you to enjoy.
When we want to enjoy the relationship between a mom and daughter, we look at the most appreciated series of 'Gilmore Girls' that displays Lorelai, played by Lauren Graham, as a mom who had a daughter when she was 16 years old. The famous TV series is a must-watch that displays a 16-year young single mom who takes care of her daughter and teaches her the essential lessons of life through her experiences.
Lorelai has brought up her daughter by herself and named her Rory. They live together with their dog, Paul Anka. Let’s look at some of the best 'Gilmore Girls' quotes from Lorelai, Rory, and other exciting characters from the famous TV series. The series indeed has some interesting quotes that fans absolutely love such as 'Gilmore Girls' quotes Rory and Tristan, 'Gilmore Girls' quotes on stinky boys, 'Gilmore Girls' quotes about pop tarts, and Michelle from Gilmore Girls quotes .
Most Iconic Gilmore Girls Quotes
A mother is a best friend to her daughter. The 'Gilmore Girls' series of the 2000s revolve around Lorelai and Rory’s famous characters that struggle with their personal relationship and their lives. Let’s take a look at the best mother daughter 'Gilmore girls' quotes along with sentimental 'Gilmore Girls' quotes.
1. “Hey, I have a huge dilemma that I need your opinion on. Am I more beautiful today than yesterday?”
- Lorelai Gilmore, Season One, Episode 20, 'PS I Lo...'.
2. “Look, when I was a teenager, my parents tried to keep me locked up. They tried to force me to become what they had in mind, and now I’m not talking exactly about Lane here, but in my case, it really didn’t work.”
- Lorelai, Season One, Episode 12, 'Double Date'.
3. “Yes, I left behind a glass slipper and a business card … just in case the prince is really dumb.”
- Lorelai Gilmore, Season Two, Episode Six, 'Presenting Lorelai Gilmore'.
4. “You do know that if you weren’t so pretty you would’ve gotten the crap kicked out of you every day of your life.”
- Lorelai Gilmore, Season Four, Episode Three, 'The Hobbit, The Sofa And Digger Stiles'.
5. “You can spend a lot of time sitting around and waiting for him to realize it’s his turn [to ask you out], or you can run with the wolves and make it your turn again. You just want to let this opportunity pass? Call him.”
- Lorelai, Season Two, Episode 18, 'Back In The Saddle Again'.
6. “It’s not too much food. This is what we’ve been training for our whole lives. This is our destiny, this is our finest hour.”
- Lorelai, Season Three, Episode Nine, 'A Deep-Fried Korean Thanksgiving'.
7. “Oh, good donut selection this morning, really. Good variety, good color, good goodness, good . . . Well, so the choices are there. It all comes down to what I’m in the mood for. Sprinkled or chocolate or jelly or glazed, maple or kiki or apple or, uh, raised. Little donut rhyme there. Never mind. Can I have a chocolate and a sprinkled please?”
- Lorelai, Season Two, Episode 22, 'I Can't Get Started'.
8. “If you’re gonna throw your life away, he’d better have a motorcycle!”
- Lorelai, Season One, Episode One, 'Pilot'.
9. “It was a great kiss. If one of us had been a frog, it would have had some seriously impressive consequences.”
- Lorelai, Season Five, Episode One, 'Say Goodbye To Daisy Miller'.
10. “I don’t like Mondays but unfortunately they come around eventually.”
- Lorelai, Season Six, Episode 22, 'Partings'.
Best Gilmore Girls Quotes About Inspiration
Lorelai is like a best friend to her daughter Rory and has been there for her in every heartbreak, milestone, and downfall, being her best support. Let’s take a look at some of the best Sookie 'Gilmore Girls' quotes along with 'Gilmore Girls' quotes on books.
11. “Every relationship is just a big honking leap of faith.”
- Rory Gilmore, Season Six, Episode 12, 'Just Like Gwen And Gavin'.
12. “Did anyone ever think that maybe Sylvia Plath wasn’t crazy, she was just cold?”
- Lorelai, Season Four, Episode 13, 'Nag Hammadi Is Where They Found the Gnostic Gospels'.
13. “Now I’m supposed to look pretty and girly which is completely impossible because I’m gross and I have nothing to wear.”
- Rory Gilmore, Season One, Episode Seven, 'Kiss And Tell'.
14. “Are you ever gonna ask me out? You flirt with me. You act like you like me.”
- Rory Gilmore, Season Five, Episode Three, 'Written In The Stars'.
15. “I’m not over you, and I don’t know how long it will be before I am. And who am I to be teaching her about healing and moving on and breakups anyhow? I may as well be teaching her how to eat fire or swallow a sword or put her legs behind her head. The point is that I’m an idiot and I’m a hypocrite and I really miss you.”
- Rory Gilmore, Season Two, Episode 15, 'Lost And Found'.
16. “I can go from zero to studying in less than 60 seconds!”
- Rory Gilmore, Season Three, Episode Six, 'Take The Deviled Eggs'.
17. “I live in two worlds, one is a world of books.”
- Rory Gilmore, Season Three, Episode 22, 'Those Are Strings, Pinocchio'.
Gilmore Girls Quotes On Friendship
'Gilmore Girls' is a story of mother-daughter who have made each other their priority, and that is what makes their bond special. Let’s take a look at some of the best 'Gilmore Girls' coffee quotes as well as 'Gilmore Girls' quotes worrying for you to enjoy.
18. “I even cleaned the table using something other than the sleeve of my sweater and spit.”
- Lorelai Gilmore, Season Three, Episode Three, 'Application Anxiety'.
Taylor: “Think of the consequences. What will happen when the relationship goes sour as, let’s face it, most of Lorelai’s relationships do?”
Taylor: “We’ll have to choose. Suddenly you’ll either be a ‘Luke’ or a ‘Lorelai’ or, if you’re Kirk and you can’t make a decision to save your life, you’ll be neither.”
- Season Five, Episode Three, 'Written In The Stars'.
20. “I want to live my life so that I’ll be able to read an in-depth biography of myself in later years and not puke.”
- Paris Geller, Season Five, Episode 18, 'To Live And Let Diorama'.
21. “Tell her I gotta take another crack at that closet. I think I hung my Tool t-shirt next to my Metallica t-shirt and they don't really get along.”
- Jess, Season Two, Episode Five, 'Nick & Nora/Sid & Nancy'.
22. “We’re almost there & nowhere near it. All that matters is that we’re going!”
- Lorelai, Season Two, Episode Four, 'The Road Trip To Harvard'.
23. “I want to get the healthy glow of someone who consistently goes to the gym without actually having to go, of course.”
- Kirk, Season Six, Episode 16, 'Bridesmaids Revisited'.
24. “I hope so, ’cause I’m so damn lonely not even Animal Planet does it for me anymore.”
- Kirk, Season Two, Episode 22, 'I Can't Get Started'.
25. “He’s not your Dean, he’s Lindsey’s Dean. You are the other woman. It’s not over until he is out of the house with the ring off.”
- Lorelai, Season Four, Episode 22, 'Raincoats And Recipes'.
26. “Tradition is a trap. It allows people to stick their head in the sand. Everything in the past was so quaint, so charming. Times were simpler. Kids didn’t have sex. Neighbors knew each other. It’s a freaking fairy tale. Things sucked then, too. They just sucked without indoor plumbing.”
- Luke, Season One, Episode Eight, 'Love And War And Snow'.
27. “I’m attracted to pie. It doesn’t mean I feel the need to date pie.”
- Lorelai, Season One, Episode Five, 'Cinnamon's Wake'.
Fascinating Quotes From Gilmore Girls
Lorelai is the coolest mom that every daughter needs. We are here with a collection of best 'Gilmore Girls' quotes from Rory, Lorelai, and other remarkable characters from the famous TV series along with the a year in the life quotes, including quotes about Jimmy Choo's!
28. "Lorelai: But I’m here now and hey, I’m like cheese.
Rory: She gets better with time."
- Season Two, Episode 22, 'I Can't Get Started'.
29. “I’ve known guys like Jess. He seems cool because he’s got this dangerous vibe and this problem with authority and he’s seen a lot of Sylvester Stallone movies. But guys like this get into trouble which, if you hang out with them, gets you into trouble, and I don’t want you to get into trouble.”
- Lorelai, Season Two, Episode 22, 'A-Tisket, A-Tasket'.
30. “If you put ‘oy’ and poodle in the same sentence you’d have a great new catchphrase. Like, ‘Oy with the poodles already.’”
- Lorelai Gilmore, Season Two, Episode 22, 'I Can't Get Started'.
31. “It’s my responsibility as your best friend to make sure you do exciting things even when you don't want to.”
- Sookie, Season Five, Episode 16, 'So...Good Talk'.
32. Rory: “The house is burning, and you can save the cake, or me, what do you choose?”
Lorelai: “That’s not fair, the cake doesn’t have legs.”
- Gilmore Girls, Season Two, Episode Three, 'Red Light On The Wedding Night'.
33. “There’s a phone call for you and if I’m to fetch you like a dog, I’d like a cookie and a raise.”
- Michel, Season One, Episode Two, 'The Lorelai's First Day At Chilton'.
34. Lorelai: “After all, you’re me.”
Rory: “I’m not you.”
Lorelai: “Really? Someone willing to throw important life experiences out the window to be with a guy? Sounds like me.”
- Season One, Episode One, 'Pilot'.
35. “You, me, donuts, coffee, standing out in a snowstorm.”
- Lorelai, Gilmore Girls, Season 1, Episode 8, 'Love And War And Snow'.
36. “Don’t study so much that you get brilliant, go mad, grow a big bald egghead, and try to take over the world, OK? ‘Cause I want to go shoe shopping this weekend.”
- Lorelai, Season Three, Episode Eight, 'Let The Games Begin'.
37. "Lorelai: Dad, they're Jimmy Choos.
Richard: For seventy-five thousand dollars, you should be able to buy at least three or four hundred pairs of shoes."
- 'Gilmore Girls', Season Three, Episode 18, 'Happy Birthday Baby'.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for 40 ‘Gilmore Girls’ Quotes For Every Occasion, then why not take a look at Wes Anderson quotes, or 'What We Do In The Shadows' quotes.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.