Recent searches (0)
FOR ALL AGES
Grandparents are truly special and very important in our lives.
For unconditional love, kindness, patience, humor, comfort, and life lessons, grandchildren often turn to their grandparents. The lives of little children are undoubtedly shaped by their wonderful grandparents as role models.
From helping a child get into mischief to spoiling them with lots of love and care, grandparents are simply the best, so you can't find many better quotes than these grandparents quotes! A grandparents quote is any quote about the role and joy of grandparents in their grandchildren's lives. If you enjoyed these grandchildren quotes and grandson quotes, then why not go through the set of grandparents quotes given below too?
These quotes about grandparents will remind you of how much you love your own grandparents. Perhaps these could also be the perfect quotes to share with new grandparents, to introduce them to the joy of the grandparent-grandchild relationship?
1. “Young people need something stable to hang on to — a culture connection, a sense of their own past, a hope for their own future. Most of all, they need what grandparents can give them.”
– Jay Kesler.
2. “Nobody can do for little children what grandparents do. Grandparents sort of sprinkle stardust over the lives of little children.”
— Alex Haley.
3. “Truth be told, being a grandma is as close as we ever get to perfection. The ultimate warm sticky bun with plump raisins and nuts. Clouds nine, ten, and eleven.”
– Bryna Nelson Paston.
4. “What children need most are the essentials that grandparents provide in abundance. They give unconditional love, kindness, patience, humor, comfort, lessons in life. And, most importantly, cookies.”
– Rudolph Giuliani.
5. “If nothing is going well, call your grandmother.”
– Italian proverb.
6. “Grandma always made you feel she had been waiting to see just you all day and now the day was complete.”
– Marcy DeMaree.
7. “When grandparents enter the door, discipline flies out the window.”
– Ogden Nas.
8. “Every house needs a grandmother in it.”
– Louisa May Alcott.
9. “You are the sun, Grandma, you are the sun in my life.”
– Kitty Tsui.
10. “Children brought up by their grandparents are generally spoiled.”
– Spanish proverb.
11. “Have children while your parents are still young enough to take care of them.”
— Rita Rudner.
12. “To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word 'boo.'”
13. “No one… who has not known that inestimable privilege can possibly realize what good fortune it is to grow up in a home where there are grandparents.”
-Suzanne La Follette.
14. “Grandmas and grandpas are grand-angels.”
15. “A grandmother is a safe haven.”
-Suzette Haden Elgin.
16. “My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She’s ninety-seven now, and we don’t know where the heck she is.”
17. “She seems to have had the ability to stand firmly on the rock of her past while living completely and unregretfully in the present.”
18. “One of the most powerful handclasps is that of a new grandbaby around the finger of a grandfather.”
19. “My grandfather was a giant of a man… When he walked, the earth shook. When he laughed, the birds fell out of the trees. His hair caught fire from the sun. His eyes were patches of sky.”
20. “When it seems the world can’t understand, your grandmother’s there to hold your hand.”
-Joyce K. Allen Logan.
21. “I loved their home. Everything smelled older, worn but safe; the food aroma had baked itself into the furniture.”
— Susan Strasberg.
22. “No spring, nor summer hath such grace. As I have seen in one autumnal face.”
— John Donne.
23. “Everyone needs to have access both to grandparents and grandchildren in order to be a full human being.”
— Margaret Mead.
24. “There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson.”
— Victor Hugo.
25. “A child needs a grandparent, anybody’s grandparent, to grow a little more securely into an unfamiliar world.”
— Charles and Ann Morse.
26. “Becoming a grandmother is wonderful. One moment you’re just a mother. The next, you are all-wise and prehistoric.”
— Pam Brown.
27. “Being grandparents sufficiently removes us from the responsibilities so that we can be friends.”
— Allan Frome.
28. “Surely, two of the most satisfying experiences in life must be those of being a grandchild and or a grandparent.”
— Donald A Norber.
29."If you look deeply into the palm of your hand, you will see your parents and all generations of your ancestors. All of them are alive in this moment. Each is present in your body."
-Thich Nhat Hanh.
30. “If your baby is beautiful and perfect, never cries or fusses, sleeps on schedule and burps on demand, an angel all the time, you’re the grandma.”
31.“I'm not spoiled. I'm just well taken care of by my grandparents.”
- Spanish proverb.
32. "The fastest way to locate your grandchildren? Turn off the WiFi - they'll appear like magic."
33. “Grandparents, like heroes, are as necessary to a child's growth as vitamins.”
— Joyce Allston.
34. "The simplest toy, one which even the youngest child can operate, is called a grandparent."
— Sam Levenson.
35. “Her grandmother, as she gets older, is not fading but rather becoming more concentrated.”
— Paulette Bates Alden.
36. “It is as grandmothers that our mothers come into the fullness of their grace.”
— Christopher Morley.
37. “Most grandmas have a touch of the scallywag.
38. “Some of the world’s best educators are grandparents.”
— Charles W. Shedd.
39. “If you’re lucky enough to still have grandparents, visit them, cherish them and celebrate them while you can.”
40. “There is nothing more wonderful than the love and guidance a grandparent can give his or her grandchild.”
— Edward Fays.
If you are lucky enough to love your grandparents, why not write one of these beautiful grandparent quotes in a card to your grandparents?
41. “I feel like my grandparents and parents gave me a tremendous amount. And if I can pass some of that on, then I’ll be very happy.”
42. “In order to influence a child, one must be careful not to be that child’s parent or grandparent.”
— Don Marquis.
43. “My grandfather was a wonderful role model. Through him I got to know the gentle side of men.”
44. “If God had intended us to follow recipes, He wouldn’t have given us grandmothers.”
45. “Why do grandparents and grandchildren get along so well? They have the same enemy—the mother.”
– Claudette Colbert.
46. “They say genes skip generations. Maybe that’s why grandparents find their grandchildren so likeable.”
– Joan McIntosh.
47. “On the seventh day God rested. His grandchildren must have been out of town.”
– Gene Perret.
48. “Grandparents are there to help the child get into mischief they haven’t thought of yet.”
49. “A mother becomes a true grandmother the day she stops noticing the terrible things her children do because she is so enchanted with the wonderful things her grandchildren do.”
– Lois Wyse.
50. “Just about the time a woman thinks her work is done, she becomes a grandmother.”
– Edward H Dreschnack.
51.“Uncles and aunts, and cousins, are all very well, and fathers and mothers are not to be despised; but a grandmother, at holiday time, is worth them all.”
– Fanny Fern.
52. “Beautiful young people are accidents of nature, but beautiful old people are works of art.”
– Marjory Barlow-Greenbie.
53. “Grandparents should play the same role in the family as an elder statesman can in the government of a country."
– Geoff Dench.
54.''If I had known how wonderful it would be to have grandchildren, I'd have had them first.''
55. "Grandparents make the world... a little softer, a little kinder, a little warmer."
56. "Grandparents are a delightful blend of laughter, caring deeds, wonderful stories, and love."
57. "We should all have one person who knows how to bless us despite the evidence, Grandmother was that person to me."
- Phyllis Theroux.
58. "What is it about grandparents that is so lovely? I'd like to say that grandparents are God's gifts to children. And if they can but see, hear and feel what these people have to give, they can mature at a fast rate."
- Bill Cosby.
59. "Grandmas hold our tiny hands for just a little while, but our hearts forever."
60. "I did stand-up for my grandparents every day when I was, like, eight."
- Ariana Grande.
61. "Grandparents are my favorite kind of grown-ups."
62. "Grandmothers are voices of the past and role models of the present. Grandmothers open the doors to the future."
- Helen Ketchum.
63.“If God had intended us to follow recipes, he wouldn’t have given us grandmothers.”
64.“Few things are more delightful than grandchildren fighting over your lap.”
– Doug Larson.
65. "The old are the precious gem in the center of the household."
66. "As you are now so once were we."
67. "From my observation, the older you get, the more you like the word cozy... This may explain why grandparents are in love with buying grandkids pajamas and bathrobes."
-Holly Goldberg Sloan.
68. "My grandkids believe I'm the oldest thing in the world. And after two or three hours with them, I believe it, too."
69. "It's funny what happens when you become a grandparent. You start to act all goofy and do things you never thought you'd do. It's terrific."
70. "Flipping burgers is not beneath your dignity. Your grandparents had a different word for burger flipping; they called it opportunity."
Charles J. Sykes.
71. "In the presence of grandparent and grandchild, past and future merge in the present."
72. “A child needs a grandparent, anybody’s grandparent, to grow a little more securely into an unfamiliar world.”
— Charles and Ann Morse.
73. "To become a grandparent is to enjoy one of the few pleasures in life for which the consequences have already been paid."
— Robert Breault.
74. "Something magical happens when parents turn into grandparents."
— Paul Linden.
75. “Every generation revolts against its fathers and makes friends with its grandfathers.”
– Lewis Mumford.
76. "Being a grandmother provides you with an opportunity to help your grandchild gain a sense of who he or she really is."
-Deborah Williams and Linda A. Johnson.
77. “My granddaughter and I are inseparable. She keeps me wrapped around her little finger.”
— Gene Perret.
78. "Parent-child relationships are complex. Grandmother-grandchild relationships are simple. Grandmas are short on criticism and long on love."
79. "Being an everyday grandmother has kept me young at heart, I know all the newest fads and fancies. I am way hipper than most of my friends."
-Trudy Jo Hahn Snader.
80. "As I learned from growing up, you don't mess with your grandmother."
Want to make your grandmother or grandfather happy? Grandparents bring joy to the lives of little children, so why not share a sweet quote to thank them? Don't make fun of the silver in his hair, praise the gold in his heart. And then maybe make him laugh with these amazing quotes. Go through these quotes about grandparents if you are having a rough day and they will cheer you up!
81. “Grandparents, like heroes, are as necessary to a child's growth as vitamins.”
— Joyce Allston.
82. "There are grandmothers out there who would move heaven and earth for their grandchildren."
83. "A grandma is warm hugs and sweet memories. She remembers all of your accomplishments and forgets all of your mistakes."
84. “I was fortunate to be raised by loving grandparents.”
– Ronnie Milsap.
85. “I truly have a village supporting me. My son has godmothers, godfathers, grandparents and so many others in his life who love him as much as I do... I may not have a mate or husband, but I’m definitely not a single parent.”
– Jill Scott.
86. “To keep the heart unwrinkled, to be hopeful, kindly, cheerful, reverent that is to triumph over old age.”
– Thomas Bailey Aldrich.
87.“Sometimes our grandmas and grandpas are like grand-angels.”
— Lexie Saige.
88. “You don’t choose your family. They are God’s gift to you, as you are to them.”
– Desmond Tutu.
89. “No cowboy was ever faster on the draw than a grandparent pulling a baby picture out of a wallet.”
90. “I stand here today – in the shadow of my parents’ and grandparents’ accomplishments – because of their willingness to sacrifice and look to my future.”
– David Ige.
91. “My childhood memories of my grandparents are of a wonderful, complementary couple. While my grandfather had a spirited, humorous personality, my grandmother is gentle and poised.”
– Kristina McMorris.
92. "A grandfather: is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart."
- Twinkle Steel.
93. "You make all your mistakes with your own children so by the time your grandchildren arrive, you know how to get it right."
- Liz Fenton, 'The Year We Turned Forty'.
94. “A Grandmother thinks of her grandchildren day and night, even when they are not with her. She will always love them more than anyone would understand.”
― Karen Gibbs, 'A Gallery Of Scrapbook Creations'.
95.“Few things are more delightful than grandchildren fighting over your lap.”
– Doug Larson.
96.“When grandparents enter the door, discipline flies out the window.”
– Ogden Nash.
97. “Grandmotherhood initiated me into a world of play, where all things became fresh, alive, and honest again through my grandchildren's eyes. Mostly, it retaught me love.”
― Sue Monk Kidd.
98. "Love is the most important gift that one generation can leave to another."
- Richard Garnett.
99. "It's special, grandparents and grandchildren. So much simpler."
- Kate Morton, 'The House At Riverton'.
100."Some grandmas took their grandchildren to parks, or bought them books and dolls, or shared their special stories. Her grandma shared her recipes."
― Amy E. Reichert, 'The Coincidence Of Coconut Cake'.
101.“I am convinced there's a gramma gene that disables the word 'no.'”
― Lesley Stahl.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for grandparents quotes, then why not take a look at these [granddaughter quotes ] and grace quotes for more great quotes?
*Do you know where this quote originated? Please email us to let us know at [email protected]
Read The Disclaimer
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.