Get inspiration for education!
Subscribe for virtual tools, STEM-inspired play, creative tips and more
Most often associated with the natural world, the green color can represent both the peace as well as the wilderness of the world.
To most people, it represents tranquility, health, safety, harmony, luck, and life. To others, however, the vibrant color can represent money, jealousy, greed, and ambition.
In this article on green quotes, you will find some fun quotes from famous people about green color and green living. We have gathered these green quotes from known authors and actors that will encourage not only children but also adults to interpret the world anew. A quote about green living by Leonardo DiCaprio, Shailene Woodley, Wassily Kandinsky, and Van Gogh are some of them. This quote set about green color and the natural world will inspire you to live better, for more nature quotes, visit Alaska quotes and tulip quotes.
Quotes About Green Color
One of the seven colors of the rainbow, green is the color of positivity. We see it in the grass and trees that grow around us every day. It also rejuvenates us and encourages us to nurture ourselves and our loved ones. Here is a quote set that shows how green color is seen by different people.
1."In every wood in every spring there is a different green."
-J. R. R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings
2."Green fingers are the extension of a verdant heart."
3."Green is the fresh emblem of well-founded hopes. In blue, the spirit can wander, but in green, it can rest."
4.“Our green valleys will be greener once we fully grasp the infinite vitality of the green!”
― Mehmet Murat ildan
5.“Dark green is my favorite color. It's the color of nature and the color of money and the color of moss!”
6."Absolute green is the most restful color, lacking any undertone of joy, grief, or passion. On exhausted men, this restfulness has a beneficial effect, but after a time it becomes tedious. "
7.“Green is a soothing color, isn’t it? I mean Gryffindor rooms are all well and good but the trouble with red is — it is said to send you a little mad — not that I’m casting aspersions . . .”
― Jack Thorne, 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child: Parts One and Two'
8.“I can breathe where there is green. Green grows hope. It keeps my heart beating and helps me remember who I am.”
― Courtney M. Privett, Faelost
Quotes About Nature And Earth
For all the nature lovers who want to show their appreciation for the world through a quote, here are some green quotes that will help you express your thoughts.
9. "Nature is not only all that is visible to the eye... it also includes the inner pictures of the soul."
10. “Like music and art, love of nature is a common language that can transcend political or social boundaries.”
― Jimmy Carter
11. “If we surrendered to earth’s intelligence we could rise up rooted, like trees.”
—Rainer Maria Rilke
12. “In every walk with Nature, one receives far more than he seeks.”
― John Muir
13. “If we surrendered to earth’s intelligence we could rise up rooted, like trees.”
—Rainer Maria Rilke
14. “Nature is such a patient sculptor - grinding a tiny bit each day slowly, slowly for thousands of years to make such a supremely beautiful thing.”
-Rolf Lassgård as Dr. Jorgen Asbjørnsen in 'DOWNSIZING' (movie)
15. “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.”
― John Muir
16. “To sit in the shade on a fine day, and look upon verdure, is the most perfect refreshment.”
-Jane Austin, 'Mansfield Park'
17. “There is a way that nature speaks, that land speaks. Most of the time we are simply not patient enough, quiet enough, to pay attention to the story.”
18. "No matter how old you get, may you always stop to fill your pockets with smooth stones, empty snail shells & other little treasures."
19. "In all things of nature, there is something of the marvelous."
20. "Heaven is under our feet as well as over our heads. "
—Henry David Thoreau
21. "Nature in her green, tranquil woods heals and soothes all afflictions."
Quotes About Green Living And Nature
The Earth is our home and it's our responsibility to save it. All you have to do to save it is change the way you live a little - make it a little green. These green living quotes will motivate you to do just that.
22. "The world, we are told, was made especially for man — a presumption not supported by all the facts."
23. "How green was my valley then, and the valley of them that have gone."
- Richard Llewellyn
24. "You cannot get through a single day without having an impact on the world around you. What you do makes a difference and you have to decide what kind of a difference you want to make.”
25. “The Earth will not continue to offer its harvest, except with faithful stewardship. We cannot say we love the land and then take steps to destroy it for use by future generations.”
—John Paul II
26. “It’s important for me to have hope because that’s my job as a parent, to have hope, for my kids, that we’re not going to leave them in a world that’s in shambles, that’s a chaotic place, that’s a dangerous place.”
27. “You think you own whatever land you land on, the Earth is just a dead thing you can claim. But I know every rock and tree and creature has a life, has a spirit, has a name.”
- Pocahontas, in 'Pocahontas' (movie)
28. "The icecaps are melting, Leonard. In the future, swimming won't be optional."
— Sheldon, in 'The Big Bang Theory' (TV Series)
Powerful Green Quotes About Green Living
Here in this last quote list, we bring you some impacting quotes that will make you want to change the way you are living to be more green and save our greenery.
29. “Keep close to Nature's heart... and break clear away, once in a while, and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods. Wash your spirit clean.”
30. “The greatest threat to our planet is the belief that someone else will save it.”
– Robert Swan
31. “Plans to protect air and water, wilderness and wildlife are in fact plans to protect man.”
– Stewart Udall
32. “What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make.”
-Dr. Jane Goodall
33. “Our task must be to free ourselves... by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty.”
― Albert Einstein
34. “I only feel angry when I see waste. When I see people throwing away things we could use.”
35. "I exclusively buy used clothes… I’m going to be a citizen of this planet, and I’m going to do my responsibility and live in stride with nature instead of constantly fighting against her."
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for green quotes then why not take a look at Treebeard quotes, or tomorrow quotes.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.