Get inspiration for education!
Subscribe for virtual tools, STEM-inspired play, creative tips and more
Hanukkah is a Jewish festival of lights celebrated over eight days.
It is celebrated to commemorate the recovery of Jerusalem. It starts on the 25th day of Kislev, usually falling between late November to Date December.
This article has a number of quotes to celebrate Hanukkah. It includes many funny respectful Hanukkah quotes, funny happy Hanukkah quotes, humorous Hanukkah quotes, funny Hanukkah quotes, Hanukkah quotes about family kitchen, and more. You'll discover special Hanukkah sayings, what to say on a Hanukkah card, three Hanukkah blessings.
Best Quotes About Hanukkah
Listed below are the best Hanukkah quotations about candles and light.
1. “To me every hour of the light and dark is a miracle, every cubic inch of space is a miracle.”
2. “May the lights of Hanukkah usher in a better world for all humankind.”
3. “But I also say this: that light is an invitation to happiness, and that happiness, when it’s done right, is a kind of holiness, palpable and redemptive.”
4. “This is the season when people of all faiths and cultures are pushing back against the planetary darkness. We string bulbs, ignite bonfires, and light candles. And we sing.”
5. “Is not Hanukkah a symbol of Israel, and its light a symbol of his immortality?”
6. “There always were two ways to live in a world that is often dark and full of tears. We can curse the darkness or we can light a light, and as the Chassidim say, a little light drives out much darkness. May we all help light up the world.”
-Rabbi Jonathan Sacks z”l.
Hanukkah Quotes About Light
A list of peace joy light Hanukkah quotes is given below.
7. “A candle is a small thing But one candle can light another And see how its own light increases, as a candle gives its flame to the other. You are such a light.”
8. “The proper response, as Hanukkah teaches, is not to curse the darkness but to light a candle.”
9. “Still ours the dance, the feast, the glorious psalm; the mystic lights of emblem and the word.”
10. “Never ear shadows. They simply mean there’s a light shining somewhere nearby.”
-Ruth E. Renkel.
Christmas And Hanukkah Quotes
Some quotes about Christmas and Hanukkah are listed below, so light a candle and say prayer, blessed is the flame.
11. In the old days, it was not called the Holiday Season; the Christians called it "Christmas" and went to church; the Jews called it "Hanukka" and went to synagogue; the atheists went to parties and drank.”
12. “I say 'Merry Christmas' to people I don't know, or to people I know are Christians. I say 'Happy Hanukkah' to people I know to be or suspect to be Jewish. And I don't say 'Happy Kwanzaa,' because I think African Americans get enough insults all year round.”
Hanukkah Quotes From The Bible
A list of Hanukkah quotes taken from the Bible are listed below.
13. “In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.”
-Verse from the Bible.
14. “Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.”
-Verse from the Bible.
15. “Pray for us, for we are sure that we have a clear conscience, desiring to act honorably in all things.”
-Verse from the Bible.
16. “I can do all things through him who strengthens me.”
-Verse from the Bible.
Famous Hanukkah Quotes For Everyone
Some Hanukkah quotes for kids and Hanukkah quotes and sayings for everyone else are given below. you can say these Hanukkah quotes to a sister also.
17. “Blessed is the match consumed in kindling flame. Blessed is the flame that burns in the secret fastness of the heart.”
18. “Just as a candle cannot burn without fire, men cannot live without a spiritual life.”
19. “On Hanukkah, the first dark night, light yourself a candle bright. I'll you, if you will me invite, to dance within that gentle light.”
20. “I ask not for a lighter burden, but for broader shoulders.”
21. “Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness.”
Happy Hanukkah Quotes And Hanukkah Sayings
Here are some Hanukkah quotes for cards and Hanukkah quotes for friends are listed below.
22. “May love and light fill your home and heart at Hanukkah.”
23. “If I had to choose one over the other, I’d choose Hanukkah.
24. “Eight days of happiness for all to enjoy. Eight days of eating, singing, and dancing galore! Hope your Hanukkah is full of everything wonderful!”
25. “Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine.”
-Anthony J D’Angelo.
26. “May the lights of Menorah candles fill up your home. May you welcome the bright light and happy sunshine with open arms. Happy Hanukkah to you and your family.”
Cute Hanukkah Quotes For Family
Some cute Hanukkah wishes quotes and inspirational Hanukkah quotes are listed below.
27. “The miracle, of course, was not that the oil for the sacred light in a little cruse lasted as long as they say; but that the courage of the Maccabees lasted to this day: let that nourish my flickering spirit.”
28. “Chant psalms of victory till the heart takes fire...”
-Emma Lazarus, ‘The Feast Of Lights’.
29. “Eight days the light continued on its own: A miracle, they say, but not more so Than ordinary lives of flesh and bone, Consuming wicks burned ashen long ago.”
30. “There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.”
31. “A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.”
32. “Just as Hanukkah candles are lighted one by one from a single flame, so the tale of the miracle is passed from one man to another, from one house to another, and to the whole House of Israel throughout the generations.”
-Judah Leon Magnes.
Great Hanukkah Quotes
Some great and fun Hanukkah quotes are listed below.
33. “Like the Maccabees, most people want the right to pray to God in their own way. This right is called freedom of religion. The spirit of Hanukkah, the Festival of Lights, is shared by all people who love freedom.”
34. “By all means, then, let us have psalms and days of dedication anew to the old causes.”
35. “Sometimes, a flame can be utterly extinguished. Sometimes, a flame can shrink and waver, but sometimes a flame refuses to go out. It flares up from the faintest ember to illuminate the darkness, to burn in spite of overwhelming odds.”
36. “We light candles in testament that faith makes miracles possible.”
37. "The darkness of the whole world cannot swallow the glowing of a candle."
*Do you know where any of these popular quotes and sayings came from? Let us know [email protected]!
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for 37 Hanukkah quotes: because it only takes a little bit of light to dispel a lot of darkness, then why not take a look at astronaut quotes, or be nice quotes.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.