Get inspiration for education!
Subscribe for virtual tools, STEM-inspired play, creative tips and more
Captain Picard Day is celebrated by his fans on 16 June every year. The fans chose this date as it is equivalent to Stardate 47457.1 in 'Star Trek The Next Generation , 'The Pegasus'.
Wesley Crusher Was Picard’s son in a way. Picard was his godfather as he had served with Wesley’s father on USS Stargazer, and Wesley’s father Jack had died tragically.
Picard, played by Patrick Stewart, feels obligated to look upon Wesley as his son and be the fatherly figure. Picard and Beverly Crusher had been married and then divorced, they still had romantic feelings for each other even after so many years. Read along to find some of the best Picard quotes, from 'Star trek The Next Generation' and more in the series. You will also find some amazing 'Star Trek Next Generation' quotes here.
If you like these quotes, make sure to also check out our articles on Captain Kirk quotes and [Spock quotes] when you finish with this one.
Best Quotes From Captain Picard Of The USS Enterprise
Jean-Luc Picard is a fictional character from 'Star Trek', one of the most popular books from author Gene Roddenberry. He is the captain of the spacecraft belonging to Starfleet Academy. Read along to find some of the best quotes by Jean Luc Picard. You will also find some funny Captain Picard quotes here.
1. “Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.”
- Jean-Luc Picard, Season Five, Episode 25, 'The Inner Light'.
2. “It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not weakness, that is life.”
- Jean-Luc Picard, Season Two, Episode 21, 'Peak Generation'.
3. “Things are only impossible until they are not.”
- Jean-Luc Picard, Season One, Episode 16, 'When The Bough Breaks'.
4. “The road from legitimate suspicion to rampant paranoia is very much shorter than we think.”
- Jean-Luc Picard, Season Four, Episode 21, ‘The Drumhead’’.
5. “The acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force of our lives. We work to better ourselves and the rest of humanity.”
- Jean-Luc Picard, ‘Star Trek: The First Contract’.
6. “If we’re going to be damned, let’s be damned for what we really are.”
- Jean-Luc Picard, ‘Star Trek: The Next Generation - Encounter at Farpoint’.
7. “The first duty of every starfleet officer is to the truth. It is the guiding principle upon which starfleet is based.”
- Jean-Luc Picard, Season Five, Episode 19, ‘The First Duty’.
Captain Picard Inspirational Quotes From Star Trek
Jean-Luc Picard has a strong sense of duty and is very curious to explore everything in the universe. Read along these inspirational 'Star Trek' quotes to find some related words of wisdom by Jean-Luc Picard.
8. “Every choice we make allows us to manipulate the future.”
- Jean-Luc Picard, Season Five, Episode Nine, ‘Matter of Time’.
9. “Courage can be an emotion too.”
- Jean-Luc Picard, Season Six, Episode Three, ‘The Man Of People’.
10. “The only person you’re truly competing against is yourself.”
- Jean-Luc Picard, Season One, Episode 18, ‘Coming of Age’.
11. "Riker: I'm going to miss this ship; she went before her time.
Picard: Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. But I rather believe than time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important how we lived...After all, number one, we're only mortal.
Riker: [smiling] Speak for yourself, sir. I plan to live forever."
-'Star Trek: Generations’.
12. “No being is so important that he can usurp the rights of another.”
- Jean-Luc Picard, Season Two, Episode Six, ‘The Schizoid Man’.
13. “There is a way out of every box, a solution to every puzzle; it’s just a matter of finding it.”
- Jean-Luc Picard, Season Seven, Episode Eight, ‘Attached’.
14. "I don't know how to communicate this, or even if it is possible to do so... but the question of justice has concerned me greatly of late. And so I say to any creature who may be listening: There can be no justice, so long as laws are absolute. Life itself is an exercise in exceptions."
- Jean-Luc Picard, Season One, Episode Seven, ‘Justice’.
15. "Gul Madred : What are the Federation's defense plans for Minos Korva?
Captain Jean-Luc Picard : There are four lights!
Gul Madred : There are five lights! How many do you see now?"
- Season Six, Episode 11, 'Chain Of Command: Part II'.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for the coming of age Star Trek Captain Picard quotes,, then why not take a look at ['Battlestar Galactica' quotes] or ['Babylon 5' quotes].
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.