Get inspiration for education!
Subscribe for virtual tools, STEM-inspired play, creative tips and more
Being in the dark can sometimes brighten your life.
Blindness is by no means an easy condition to endure. Whether it be physical, mental, or social blindness, there is much to learn about blindness.
Read on for some of the best blind quotes, and do share your favorite inspirational quote with your friends! If you think you would enjoy reading quotes about the dark and people who carry it in their heart every day, then you will enjoy vision quotes and clarity quotes.
Best Blind Person Quotes
Some of the most famous sayings about blindness include love is blind quotes, or turn a blind eye quotes. Some even involve blind faith quotes. With so many quotes around, we have collected some of the best quotes for you to enjoy. So read on for some of the best blind quotes around which are truly inspirational.
1. "You can become blind by seeing each day as a similar one. Each day is a different one, each day brings a miracle of its own. It's just a matter of paying attention to this miracle."
2. "We're blind to our blindness. We have very little idea of how little we know. We're not designed to know how little we know."
3. "Each of you, as an individual, must pick your own goals. Listen to others, but do not become a blind follower."
4. "If love is blind, then maybe a blind person that loves has a greater understanding of it. "
5. "The blind willingness to sacrifice people to truth, however, has always been the danger of an ethics abstracted from life."
6. "Necessity is blind until it becomes conscious. Freedom is the consciousness of necessity."
7. "In faith, there is enough light for those who want to believe and enough shadows to blind those who don't."
8. "Our very eyes, Are sometimes, like our judgments, blind."
9. "I believe any success in life is made by going into an area with a blind, furious optimism."
10. "None so deaf as those that will not hear. None so blind as those that will not see."
11. "Love is blind."
12. "A blind man knows he cannot see and is glad to be led, though it be by a dog; but he that is blind in his understanding, which is the worst blindness of all, believes he sees as the best and scorns a guide."
13. "Blind faith in your leaders, or in anything, will get you killed."
14. "And so I betake myself to that course, which is almost as much as to see myself go into my grave—for which, and all the discomforts that will accompany my being blind, the good God prepare me!"
15. "Blind belief in authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
Blindness Quotes By Famous People
Some of the most famous blind quotes are read from famous people, such as Hellen Keller, John Milton, and many others. Many a quote talks about how having sight is not equal to having vision. Read on for inspiration from these people, and do share with your friends and family!
16. "To be blind is not miserable; not to be able to bear blindness, that is miserable."
17. "Love is blind; friendship closes its eyes."
18. "We think we know what's right. With excessive pride comes blindness."
19. "The blind have no notion of time. The things of time are hidden from them too."
20. "An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind."
21. "Blind people don't look the same. That play of expression isn't there. You know, when you're born blind, you don't have anyone to model yourself after. When you lose your sight, you tend to forget what you're supposed to look like."
22. "Never forget that turning a blind eye to oppression and watching from the sidelines is itself oppression."
23. "In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king."
24. "Man is blind by its own thoughts. Thought is the product of the past and with that past, he looks."
-Alexandre Branco Martins.
25. "Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see."
26. "You can't force someone to see the truth, just like you can't force a blind man to see."
27. "The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision."
28. "Perhaps only in a world of the blind will things be what they truly are."
- Jose Saramago.
29. "Blindness is an unfortunate handicap but true vision does not require the eyes."
30. "A blind person who sees is better than a seeing person who is blind."
31. "As a blind man has no idea of colors, so have we no idea of the manner by which the all-wise God perceives and understands all things."
32. "Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind, And therefore is winged Cupid painted blind."
33. "Blessed are the blind, for they know not enough to ask why."
Thoughtful Quotes On Blindness
Whether it be from a book or a movie, quotes on blindness can always leave you taking them to heart and thinking about them long after you close the book or close your Netflix account after watching a movie. Read on for some of the most thoughtful quotes of blindness - we are sure they will leave you thinking!
34. "Just because you are blind and unable to see my beauty doesn't mean it does not exist."
35. "O loss of sight, of thee I most complain! Blind among enemies, O worse than chains, Dungeon, or beggary, or decrepit age!"
36. "What a blind person needs is not a teacher but another self."
37. "Books are as useful to a stupid person as a mirror is useful to a blind person."
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for blind quotes then why not take a look at [faith in god quotes], or leap of faith quotes.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.