Recent searches (0)
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
A setback could be an obstacle or failure which pushes you down in life.
It's one's own decision to look at a setback and either become disheartened by it or face it head-on. We have some inspirational quotes about setbacks to put you in a great headspace.
These quotes will help you in kindling that fire within so you don't give up and keep moving forward even during challenging times. For more inspirational quotes, check out keep going quotes and keep trying quotes.
Quotes given here will inspire you to keep moving forward after mistakes or failures. Success will come.
1. "Every great journey begins with one step and it begins with moving forward. Remember, going through pain is temporary, and it will subside."
2. "Moving forward is one of the most important decisions we can make in life because it allows us to grow, learn new lessons, have more energy, enjoying more peace, and overcome our adversaries."
-Dr. Peter Nieman.
3. "Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who had kept on trying when there seemed no hope at all."
4. "It's not possible to discover new oceans unless one is willing to lose sight of the shore."
5. "I demolish the bridges behind me. Then there's no choice but to move forward."
6. "It's not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up."
7. "Our greatest glory is not in failing, but in rising every time we fall."
8. "If you can't fly then run, if you can't run then walk, if you can't walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward."
-Martin Luther King Jr.
9. "Life may not be going well for you now, but as long as you are here, as long as you press forward, anything is possible. Hold on to hope."
10. "To get over the past, you first have to accept that the past is over."
11. "If you're brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello."
12. "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time."
-Thomas A. Edison.
13. "I'm looking forward to the future, and feeling grateful for the past."
14. "You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks, or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put pieces together, justifying what could've, would've happened, or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move on."
15. "I'll probably get knocked down a few more times before life is through with me, but I can guarantee you I'll never stay on the ground."
16. "You may not be responsible for getting knocked down. But you are certainly responsible for getting back up."
17. "We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
18. "The great courageous act that we all must do, is to have the courage to step out of our history and past so that we can live our dreams."
19. "The answer to every adversity lies in courageously moving forward with faith."
20. "March on. Do not tarry. To go forward is to move toward perfection."
21. "Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow."
22. "That's all you can do in this world, no matter how strong the current beats against you, or how heavy your burden, or how tragic your love story, you keep going."
23. "Life is like riding a bicycle, to keep your balance, you must keep moving."
24. "The truth is unless you let go, unless you forgive yourself, unless you forgive the situation, unless you realize that the situation is over, you cannot move forward."
25. "If one dream should fall and break into a thousand pieces, never be afraid to pick one of those pieces up and begin again."
26. "Keep on going, and the chances are that you will stumble on something, perhaps when you are least expecting it."
-Charles F. Kettering.
27. "Some lean back. But those who lean forward are poised to cross the finish line first."
-T. F. Hodge.
28. "Don't be afraid if things seem difficult in the beginning. That's only the initial impression."
29. "Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm."
30. "The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."
31. "You will just keep crashing if you never take your eyes off the rearview mirror."
32. "A bad day doesn't cancel out a good life. Keep going."
33. "There are far better things ahead than any we leave behind."
-C. S. Lewis.
34. "You don't fear change. You fear the unknown. If you knew the future would be great, you'd welcome the change to get there."
35. "The life in front of you is far more important than the life behind you."
36. "Don't dwell on what went wrong. Instead, focus on what to do next. Spend your energies on moving forward towards finding the answer."
37. "Every strike brings me closer to the next home run."
38. "Don't watch the clock. Do what it does. Keep going."
39. "Faith is moving forward even when things don't make sense, trusting that in hindsight, everything will become clear."
40. "Failure is a bend in the road, not the end of the road. Learn from failure and keep moving forward."
-Roy T. Benett.
41. "Letting go isn't about forgetting; it's about learning and moving on. It's making a choice to be strengthened by your past, not strangled by it."
Zig Ziglar was an American author and motivational speaker, who spoke strongly about how one's attitude and perspective determines their way of life. Here are his inspirational lines on how to face setbacks.
42. "If you don’t like who you are and where you are, don’t worry about it because you’re not stuck either with who you are or where you are. You can grow. You can change."
43. "Happiness is the ability to move forward knowing the future will be better than the past."
44. "If you have the character to hang in there when it’s tough, you will develop or acquire every other characteristic necessary to WIN in the game of life."
45. "You don’t drown by falling in the water; you only drown if you stay there."
46. "When you’ve got a strong enough why, you can always find the how."
Live every day best and get past any setback with these quotes. Choose to keep going after you fail, something good will come.
47. "A very wise man once told me that you can’t look back – you just have to put the past behind you, and find something better in your future."
48. "It happens to everyone as they grow up. You find out who you are and what you want, and then you realize that people you’ve known forever don’t see things the way you do."
49. "It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop."
50. "The most successful people are those who are willing to keep moving forward after making mistakes."
51. "Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson.
52. "You just have to keep driving down the road. It's going to bend and curve and you'll speed up and slow down, but the road keeps going."
53. "When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves."
54. "If you are not moving forward, you are falling back."
Often, we hold onto our past failures which inhibits us from moving forward. Choose to let go of that past and start your future.
55. "Nothing in the universe can stop you from letting go and starting over."
56. "One of the most courageous decisions you'll ever make is to finally let go of what is hurting your heart and soul."
57. "If you can't do anything about it, then let it go. Don't be a prisoner to things you can't change."
58. "Take the changes in stride, and understand that you may have setbacks. Instead of focusing on that, make sure to keep moving forward."
59. "Are the people around you holding you back or empowering you to move forward?"
60. "Moving on is a simple thing, what it leaves behind is hard."
61. "There are those who are so scrupulously afraid of doing wrong that they seldom venture to do anything."
62. "The expert in anything was once a beginner."
Napoleon Hill was an American author of many best selling self-help books. Here are his how to act when facing minor setback quotes.
63. "Strength and growth come only through continuous effort and struggle."
64. "Only by doing so can one be sure of maintaining that state of mind known as a burning desire to win."
65. "Every adversity, every failure, every heartbreak, carries with it the seed of an equal or greater benefit."
66. "Failure is a trickster with a keen sense of irony and cunning. It takes great delight in tripping one when success is almost within reach."
When challenged by an uphill task, we need to take that first step towards our goal. The quotes given below will inspire you to push past the setback and work toward your goal.
67. "Man maintains his balance, poise, and sense of security only as he is moving forward."
68. "All mankind is divided into three classes: those that are immovable, those that are movable, and those that move."
69. "If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself."
70. "Stay focused, go after your dreams and keep moving toward your goals."
-LL Cool J.
71. "There is no standing still because time is moving forward."
72. "Don't dwell on what went wrong. Instead, focus on what to do next."
73. "If we fail to adapt, we fail to move forward."
74. "You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step."
-Martin Luther King Jr.
75. "Some beautiful paths can’t be discovered without getting lost."
76. "You are always a student, never a master. You have to keep moving forward."
77. "Life moves on and so should we."
78. "When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be."
79. "Time is a circus, always packing up and moving away."
80. "You can clutch the past so tightly to your chest that it leaves your arms too full to embrace the present."
Below are the best inspiring quotes for facing your setbacks head-on and keep marching ahead.
81. "A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable but more useful than a life spent in doing nothing."
-George Bernard Shaw.
82. "Don't worry about failure; you only have to be right once."
83. "Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right."
84. "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
85. "The last one percent most people keep in reserve is the extra percent champions have the courage to burn."
86. "Anything you can't control is teaching you how to let go."
87. "We need to learn from our errors and move on."
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully curated our list of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to cherish! If you liked our suggestions Setback Quotes, then why not take a look at trust the process quotes or, seasons of life quotes?
Read The Disclaimer
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.
Remember that you can always manage your preferences or unsubscribe through the link at the foot of each newsletter.