Get inspiration for education!
Subscribe for virtual tools, STEM-inspired play, creative tips and more
The Tree of Life represents life itself and is a source of all other life that all organic beings need.
Through cultures and sub-cultures, stretching on from the Mayans to the Celtics, the Tree of Life has been recurrent throughout various ages and times. You can also find the representation of this archaic mystical symbol through religion and mythology.
In Buddhism, Gautam Buddha has been observed to have achieved "Jnana" through prolonged meditation under a Bohdi tree. In Nordic Mythology, the tree of life is called the Yggdrasil through various references in the book of poems called the 'Poetic Edda'. The Yggdrasil branches through the universe and is the universe and is said to hold the nine realms together. In Chapter 2, verse 9 from The Book of Genesis, the Bible says the Tree of Life is sacred to the Garden of Eden. It holds the knowledge of all good and evil that is in existence.
Human life is like a tree because just as a tree grows taller and wider throughout its life with the right nourishment, so do we. Here are tree of life sayings to get your day going. Make someone else's day as well by sharing this article of quotes on tree sayings. If you like these quotes about trees and life then you should look up quotes about roots, planting trees quotes, plant a tree quotes, funny tree quotes, branches quotes, funny plant quotes, and quotes about planting.
'The Tree Of Life' Inspirational Quotes
Terrence Malick directed 'The Tree of Life', a philosophical masterpiece where he explains the entire human experience through the life of Jack, who is the eldest son of a family and had to go through the real struggles of becoming a man. 'The Tree of Life' movie meaning can be seen as a journey where he tries to reconcile with his father and also, deal with the modern world while seeking the true meaning of life as each day proceeds in his life. Here are 'The Tree of Life' movie quotes.
1. “Help each other. Love everyone. Every leaf. Every ray of light. Forgive.”
- Mrs O'Brien.
2. “Grace doesn't try to please itself. Accepts being slighted, forgotten, disliked. Accepts insults and injuries. Nature only wants to please itself. Get others to please it too. Likes to lord it over them. To have its own way. It finds reasons to be unhappy when all the world is shining around it."
- Mrs O'Brien.
3. “Toscanini once recorded a piece sixty-five times. You know what he said when he finished? 'It could be better'. Think about it.”
- Mr O'Brien.
4. “And love is smiling through all things.”
- Mrs O'Brien.
5. "You make yourself what you are. You gotta control your own destiny. Can't say "I can't". You say I'm having trouble, I'm not done yet. You can't say 'I can't'."
- Mr O'Brien
6. "There are two ways through life: The way of Nature, and the way of Grace. You have to choose which one you will follow."
- Mrs O'Brien
Save The Trees Quotes
Inspirational quotes about trees that you will need each day. These quotes for planting trees will surely make your heart wrench for the green.
7. "Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree."
- Martin Luther King.
8. “To exist as a nation, to prosper as a state, to live as a people, we must have trees.”
- Theodore Roosevelt.
9. "Trees are poems that the earth writes upon the sky."
- Kahlil Gibran.
10. “Never cut a tree down in the wintertime.”
- Robert H Schuller.
11. “People who will not sustain trees will soon live in a world that will not sustain people."
- Bryce Nelson.
Tree Quotes About Life
Trees have that inherent connection with the secrets of life. Here are some inspirational tree quotes to light up your day.
12. “Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.”
- Warren Buffet.
13. “Of all man’s works of art, a cathedral is greatest. A vast and majestic tree is greater than that.”
- Henry Ward Beecher.
14. "Trees give peace to the souls of men."
- Nora Waln.
15. “We’re merely one tree with various types, shapes, and sizes of leaves that all wave differently in the breeze.”
- Rashid Ogunlaru.
16. “For in the true nature of things, if we rightly consider, each green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold and silver.”
- Martin Luther King.
Tree Quotes About Love You Need To Know
Here are some tree quotes about family and love that may resonate with you.
17. "Love is like a tree, it grows of its own accord, it puts down deep roots into our whole being."
- Victor Hugo.
18. "Be like a tree. The tree gives shade even to him who cuts off its boughs.”
- Sri Chaitanya.
19. "The true meaning of life is to plant trees, under whose shade you do not expect to sit."
- Nelson Henderson.
20. "Between every two pines is a doorway to a new world."
- John Muir.
21. "One touch of nature makes the whole world kin."
- William Shakespeare, 'Troilus and Cressida'.
Pine Trees Quotes That Will Make Your Day
Here are some pine tree quotes you may like.
22. "The pine tree seems to listen, the fir tree to wait and both without impatience: they give no thought to the little people beneath them devoured by their impatience and their curiosity."
- Friedrich Nietzsche.
23. "Remember, the storm is a good opportunity for the pine and the cypress to show their strength and their stability."
- Ho Chin Minh.
24. "The pine stays green in winter… wisdom in hardship."
- Norman Douglas.
25. "The best part of happiness is the pines."
- Terri Guillemets, 'Thunder in The Mountains', 1981.
Oak Tree Quotes
Here are inspirational plant quotes involving oak trees.
26. "Every oak tree started out as a couple of nuts who stood their ground."
- Henry David Thoreau.
27. "Just a the acorn contains the mighty oak tree, the Self has everything it needs to fulfill its destiny."
- Derek Rydall.
28. "If a hundred-foot oak tree had the mind of a human, it would only grow to be ten feet tall"
- Harv Eker.
29. "In creating, the only hard thing is to begin: a grass blade's no easier to make than an oak"
- James Russell Lowell.
30. "Tall oaks branch charmed by the earnest stars dream and so dream all night without a stir."
- John Keats.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of great family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for Tree of Life Quotes then why not take a look at transition quotes, or tool quotes?
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.