Get inspiration for education!
Subscribe for virtual tools, STEM-inspired play, creative tips and more
Here are some July quotes that will make you yearn for the coming summer.
We all love the month of July and some of us are anxiously waiting for winter to end and July to start. Summer looks beautiful, life seems good and even the nights are warm.
We hope these July quotes will warm your heart and long for the month of July. Summer is when kids have fun, lie down under the night sky, find their inner selves, and adults long to get back those times where they could find time to enjoy and have fun.
July Inspirational Quotes
Here is a list of July quotes which are about the month of July and these also include summer sayings and quotes. These July quotes will surely make you excited for the summer.
1. “July, that lovely hell, all velvet dresses and drapes stuffed into a hot little hole.”
- Laura Kasischke.
2. “The summer looks out of her brazen tower, through the flashing bars of July.”
- Francis Thompson.
3. “July is a blind date with summer.”
4. “I have lived pain, and my life can tell: I only deepen the wound of the world when I neglect to give thanks the heavy perfume of wild roses in early July and the song of crickets on summer humid nights...”
- Ann Voskamp.
5. “We can’t possibly have a summer love. So many people have tried that the name’s become proverbial. Summer is only the unfulfilled promise of spring, a charlatan in place of the warm balmy nights I dream of in April. It’s a sad season of life without growth…It has no day.”
– F. Scott Fitzgerald.
6 “I'd like to go out on top, preferably breaking a new world record on the Fourth of July.”
7. “'Tis now the summer of your youth: time has not cropped the roses from your cheek, though sorrow long has washed them.”
– Edward Moore.
10. “Summer romances end for all kinds of reasons. But when all is said and done, they have one thing in common: They are shooting stars-a spectacular moment of light in the heavens...”
– Nicholas Sparks.
9.“Every July, I look forward to taping a Christmas show – in July in Nashville. In 98-degree weather. I love it.”
– Larry, 'The Cable Guy'.
10. "This, for the purpose of this celebration, is the 4th of July. It is the birthday of your National Independence, and of your political freedom."
- Frederick Douglass.
11. “There comes a time when people get tired of being pushed out of the glittering sunlight of life's July and left standing amid the piercing chill of an alpine November."
- Martin Luther King, Jr.
12. “Here men from the planet Earth first set foot upon the Moon. July 1969 AD. We came in peace for all mankind."
- Neil Armstrong.
13. “The serene philosophy of the pink rose is steadying... It is so every summer. One can almost hear their pink, fragrant murmur as they settle down upon the grass: 'Summer, summer, it will always be summer.”
- Rachel Peden.
14. “Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it.”
- Russel Baker.
15. “It was June, and the world smelled of roses. The sunshine was like powdered gold over the grassy hillside.”
- Maud Hart Lovelace.
16. “Summertime. It was a song. It was a season. I wondered if that season would ever live inside me.”
- Benjamin Alire Saenz.
17. “In the depth of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer.”
- Albert Camus.
18. "People don't notice whether it's winter or summer when they're happy."
- Anton Chekhov.
19. "I grew up in New York City, and I've got wonderful memories of the Fourth of July fireworks."
- Jimmy Smits.
20. "The Chicago Declaration on Women in the Catholic Church, drafted in July of 2015 by Catholics for Choice, stated that it imagined a church where 'women are respected for their choices about their health, welfare, and lives."
- Anthea Butler.
Other Quotes About July
Here are some more July sayings, quotes and memories. Here are some new and old quotes about this beautiful month or about freedom and the Fourth of July which can be shared with the whole family. These quotes are memorable and you may wish to share these quotes for a perfect summer.
21. "There are lots of emotions that go with the Fourth of July."
- Dan Harmon.
22. “Summertime, and the reading is easy... Well, maybe not easy, exactly, but July and August are hardly the months to start working your way through the works of Germanic philosophers."
- Michael Dirda.
23. "France has been struck on the day of her national holiday - the 14th of July, Bastille Day - the symbol of liberty, because human rights are denied by fanatics, and France is clearly their target."
- Francois Hollande.
24. "That feeling is one of the things that keep me going. On July 6, 1998, I became the WCW heavyweight champion of the world!"
- Bill Goldberg.
25. “The zeal, bravery, and good behaviour of the officers and men on the night of June 30, and during July 1, was commendable in the extreme.”
- John Buford.
26. “I have kept a steady focus on restoring public faith in our state government since taking office July 1. Now it is time to make even bigger and bolder gains through legislative action.”
- Jodi Rell.
27. “I was only 8 years old on July 20, 1969, when Neil Armstrong, 38-year-old commander of 'Apollo 11,' descended the cramped lunar module Eagle's ladder with hefty backpack and bulky spacesuit to become the first human on the moon.”
- Douglas Binkley.
28. “It strikes me that the spirit of the Fourth [July], this year, was used up by September's end and fell like an early leaf.”
- William. H. Gass.
29. “On 15 July 2007, I swam across an open patch of sea at the North Pole to highlight the melting of the Arctic sea ice.”
- Lewis Gordon Pugh.
30. “Soldiers of the American Revolution fought that 18th century war with heavy muskets. In the early 20th century, we kids fought it every Fourth of July not only with exploding powder and shimmering flares, but with all of our senses.
- Paul Engle.
31. “With freedom, books, flowers, and the moon, who could not be happy?
- Oscar Wilde.
32. “I believe in America because we have great dreams, and because we have the opportunity to make those dreams come true.”
– Wendell L. Wilkie.
33. “America is a tune. It must be sung together.”
– Gerald Stanley Lee.
34. “We must be free not because we claim freedom, but because we practice it.”
– William Faulkner.
35. "Watching everybody have such a fantastic time, loving life, loving America - I wish that was the feeling year-round, that it didn't take the Fourth of July for us to be like, 'Yeah, America is awesome."
- Tim Kennedy.
36. "We all know you can't have a Fourth of July barbecue without the fixings that go with it."
37. "If ant hills are high in July, the coming winter will be hard."
- American Proverb.
38. "The Montreal Olympics were in July 1976, the bicentennial, at the height of patriotism."
- Caitlyn Jenner.
39. "I think the National League has better biorhythms in July."
- Earl Weaver.
Hello July Quotes
Here is a set of quotes which are about the beautiful month of July and the happy, hot days it brings after spring.
40. “July is hot afternoons and sultry nights and mornings when its joy just to be alive. July is a picnic and a red canoe and a sunburned neck and a softball game and ice tinkling in a tall glass. July is a blind date with summer."
- Hal Borland.
41. “No bought potpourri is so pleasant as that made from one's own garden, for the petals of the flowers one has gathered at home hold the sunshine and memories of summer, and of past summers only the sunny days should be remembered."
- Eleanor Sinclair-Rhode.
42. “Summer is the time when one sheds one's tensions with one's clothes, and the right kind of day is jeweled balm for the battered spirit."
- Ada Louise Huxtable.
43. “Hot July brings cooling showers, Apricots and gillyflowers."
- Sara Coleridge.
44. "The summer morn is bright and fresh, the birds are darting by
As if they loved to breast the breeze that sweeps the cool clear sky."
- William C. Bryant.
45. "When I look at Lake Michigan each July, I imagine the men of the Indianapolis visible on the horizon... I feel an overwhelming sense of sadness, accompanied by a desire to yell out that they will be rescued."
- Doug Stanton.
46. "My family and I go every year to Lake Tahoe for Fourth of July. It is honestly my favorite place in the world to spend time with my family."
- Kyle Richards.
47. "Every summer, around late July and into August, I find myself in Europe, performing at any festival that will have me."
- Henry Rollins.
48. "I have always had a certain aversion to heat. And for me, the name of the game on the stage is 'beat the heat.' It's always July under the lights."
- Bob Weir.
49. "Sweet, sweet burn of sun and summer wind, and you my friend, my new fun thing, my summer fling."
- K.D. Lang.
50. "It is easy to forget now, how effervescent and free we all felt that summer."
- Anna Godbersen.
51. "Summertime is always the best of what might be."
- Charles Bowden.
52. "The summer night is like a perfection of thought."
- Wallace Stevens.
53. "If it could only be like this always—always summer, always alone, the fruit always ripe."
- Evelyn Waugh.
54. "Do what we can, summer will have its flies."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson.
55. "Spring being a tough act to follow, God created June."
- Al Bernstein.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for July quotes then why not take a look at April quotes, or weather quotes?