Get inspiration for education!
Subscribe for virtual tools, STEM-inspired play, creative tips and more
There are many things to enjoy about a bright day in June, such as the bright sun and the mellow breeze.
Depending on where you live in the world, a day in June could either be a slightly warm day with a soft breeze or a scorching day with unbearable temperatures. Countries that are situated closer to the equator tend to experience hotter summers than those that are farther away from the equator.
June also gives the earth the opportunity to produce a bountiful supply of delicious fruits such as mangos, peaches, blueberries, cherries, and apricots. Some of the vegetables that are in season during June include zucchini, lettuce, cauliflower, spinach, and peas. A nice day in June gives many people the chance to go to the beach for a fun beach day, go to the park for a picnic, or even go sightseeing with their family and friends. Many people prefer the summer season over the winter season. If you're looking for some 'Welcome June' quotes and 'Hello June' quotes for your next summer caption, look no further because we have the best quotes all ready for you! Here is a list of the best June quotes for you.
If you would like to look at other articles with some fantastic quotes, you can check [July quotes] and August quotes.
Best June Quotes
Summer is definitely an underrated season, especially if you look at the pros and cons. We've curated many literary June quotes for you throughout this article. Here is a compiled list of the best June quotes all for you!
1. "There are moments, above all on June evenings, when the lakes that hold our moons are sucked into the earth, and nothing is left but wine and the touch of a hand."
- Charles Morgan.
2. "And since all this loveliness can not be Heaven, I know in my heart it is June."
- Abba Louisa Goold Woolson.
3. "At midnight, in the month of June, I stand beneath the mystic moon."
- Edgar Allen Poe.
4. "And what is so rare as a day in June? Then, if ever, come perfect days."
- James Russell Lowell.
5. "If a June night could talk, it would probably boast it invented romance."
- Hal Borland.
6. "Green was the silence, wet was the light, the month of June trembled like a butterfly."
- Pablo Neruda.
7. "Today has been a day dropped out of June into April."
- L.M. Montgomery.
8. "Spring being a tough act to follow, God created June."
- Al Bernstein.
9. "Wine and cheese are ageless companions, like aspirin and aches, or June and moon, or good people and noble ventures."
- M.K. Fisher.
10. "It is June. I am tired of being brave."
- Anne Sexton.
11. "This is June, the month of grass and leaves . . . already the aspens are trembling again, and a new summer is offered me. I feel a little fluttered in my thoughts, as if I might be too late. Each season is but an infinitesimal point. It no sooner comes than it is gone."
- Henry David Thoreau.
12. "I wonder what it would be like to live in a world where it was always June."
- L.M. Montgomery.
13. "June had drawn out every leaf on the trees."
- Virginia Woolf.
14. "I was born in June, so I like summer, and my favourite part of a sunny day is when the sun sets."
- Jorja Smith.
15. "It is dry, hazy June weather. We are more of the earth, farther from heaven these days."
- Henry David Thoreau.
16. "I know well that the June rains just fall."
17. "It is better to be a young June bug than an old bird of paradise."
- Mark Twain.
18. "June will break your heart. I can see it already. She'll shatter you into a million pieces."
- Marie Lu.
Inspirational Feel Good Quotes About June
Here's a bunch of June inspirational quotes all for you! This list also contains many quotes for those who have their eyes set out on summer solstice quotes.
19. "We spent June and July in the Rockies, growing stronger, feeling feral in the untamed range of mountains."
- Aspen Matis.
20. "Occasionally I have come across a last patch of snow on top of a mountain in late May or June. There's something very powerful about finding snow in summer."
- Andy Goldsworthy.
21. "Of all the summer months, Margo liked June the best. The sun-drunk beginning, when the days were long, long, long with the promise that summer would last forever."
- Beth Harbison.
22. "June the month of months / Flowers and fruitage brings too, / When green trees spread shadiest boughs, / When each wild bird sings too."
23." What is one to say about June—the time of perfect young summer, the fulfillment of the promise of earlier months, and with as yet no sign to remind one that its fresh young beauty will ever fade?"
- Gertrude Jekyll.
24." June has never looked more beautiful than she does now, unadorned and honest, vulnerable yet invincible."
- Marie Lu.
*Do you know where this quote originated? Please email us to let us know at [email protected]
Positive Quotes For June
These positive month of June quotes will make you feel giddy on the inside!
25."It is the month of June, The month of leaves and roses, When pleasant sights salute the eyes and pleasant scents the noses."
- Nathaniel Parker Willis.
26."Summer is a promissory note signed in June, its long days spent and gone before you know it, and due to be repaid next January."
- Hal Borland.
27." If I had Aladdin's lamp and the usual three wishes, the first would always be, 'Give me the first day of June."
- Gladys Taber.
28."Far up in the deep blue sky, Great white clouds are floating by; All the world is dressed in green; Many happy birds are seen, Roses bright and sunshine clear, Show that lovely June is here."
- F.G. Sanders.
29."You always feel like your 18-year-old self in some sense. And that's what walking through New York on a June evening feels like - you feel like it's Friday, and you're 17 years old."
- John Darnielle.
30."Long about knee-deep in June, 'Bout the time strawberries melts On the vine."
- James Whitcomb Riley.
31."No price is set on the lavish summer; June may be had by the poorest comer."
- James Russell Lowell.
32."I always see the evening when we met-The first of June baptized in tender rain-"
- Claude McKay.
33."My life, I realize suddenly, is July. Childhood is June, and old age is August, but here it is, July, and my life, this year, is July inside of July."
- Rick Bass.
34. "The secret island had looked mysterious enough on the night they had seen it before—but now, swimming in the hot June haze, it seemed more enchanting than ever."
- Enid Blyton.
35. "To read a poem in January is as lovely as to go for a walk in June."
- Jean-Paul Satre.
36. "I had a chat with May and I had a sweet talk with April but the lovely conversation that left me to ponder was the long talk I had with June."
- Ernest Agyemang Yeboah.
37. "I realized June had never been just a month."
- Sanober Khan.
38. "I was a lousy hitter in May doing the same things that made me a great hitter in June."
- Carl Yastrzemski.
39. "In my college years, I would retreat to our summer house for two weeks in June to read a novel a day."
- Amor Towles.
40. "June is the time for being in the world in new ways, for throwing off the cold and dark spots of life."
- Joan D. Chittister
41. "The brightest light, the light of Italy, the purest sky of Scandinavia in the month of June is only a half-light when one compares it to the light of childhood."
- Eugene Ionesco.
42. "We can start an infernally hard jigsaw puzzle in June with the knowledge that, if there are enough rainy days, we may just finish it by Labor Day, but if not...no harm, no penalty."
- Nancy Gibbs.
43. "Everything good, everything magical happens between the months of June and August."
- Jenny Han.
Quotes About Flowers In June
Here are some quotes about flowers and other foliage in June, along with some literary June quotes.
44. "It was June, and the world smelled of roses. The sunshine was like powdered gold over the grassy hillside."
- Maud Hart Lovelace.
45. "Oh my luve's like a red, red rose, That's newly sprung in June; Oh my luve's like the melodie That's sweetly played in tune."
- Robert Burns.
46. "In early June the world of leaf and blade and flowers explodes, and every sunset is different."
- John Steinbeck.
47. "June brings tulips, lilies, roses, Fills the children's hands with posies."
- Sara Coleridge.
48. "In June as many as a dozen species may burst their buds on a single day. No man can heed all of these anniversaries; no man can ignore all of them."
- Aldo Leopold.
49. "The flowers are Nature's jewels, with whose wealth she decks her summer beauty."
- George Croly.
50. "On this June day the buds in my garden are almost as enchanting as the open flowers."
- Francis King.
51. "Do not the bright June roses blow to meet thy kiss at morning hours?"
- William C. Bryant.
52. "I sing of brooks, of blossoms, birds, and bowers: Of April, May, of June, and July-flowers."
- Robert Herrick.
53. "June falls asleep upon her bier of flowers...in vain would fond winds fan her back to life, her hours are numbered on the floral dial."
- Lucy Larcom.
54. "June the month of months / Flowers and fruitage brings too, / When green trees spread shadiest boughs, / When each wild bird sings too."
- Christina Rossetti.
55. "Oh, my love's like a red, red rose, That's newly sprung in June."
- John Barrowman.
56. "All June, I bound the rose in sheaves. Now, rose by rose, I strip the leaves, And strew them where Pauline may pass."
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for June quotes then why not take a look at April quotes, or weather quotes.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.