Get inspiration for education!
Subscribe for virtual tools, STEM-inspired play, creative tips and more
Knives are a sharp object used to cut things like food.
Knives can be used as weapons too. But rest assured that these quotes are just sharp and not harmful.
Knives can be a kitchen utensil. In fact it is one of the most essential utensils when it comes to culinary culture. They can be used to chop several vegetables, and fruits. They can also be used to slice meat. The different types of knives are - chef, utility, paring, bread, carving, cleaver or butcher, boning, filleting, santoku, salmon, nakiri, tomato, peeling, dinner, straight edge, serrated edge, scalloped edge, and hollow ground edge. There are also various parts to knives.
It's quicker, smoother, and better to cook food when you have the appropriate knife, but choosing the one that suit your requirements can be difficult with so many various types of knives on the shelves. Lacking the right information, buying a range of specialised knives that you barely ever use is all too convenient, ensuring you end up with a set of discarded knives left to rot at the back of your cabinet for utensils.
Famous Knife Quotes
Take some inspiration from these sayings about all things knives that famous people from around the world have said.
1. “There was never a good knife made of bad steel.”
- Ben Franklin.
2. "If I get 8 hours to cut a tree I'll spend 7 hours to sharp my knife."
- Abraham Lincoln.
3. “A knife is only as good as the one who wields it.”
- Patrick Ness.
4. "Champagne has the taste of an apple peeled with a steel knife."
- Aldous Huxley.
5. “Fill your bowl to the brim and it will spill. Keep sharpening your knife and it will blunt.”
- Lao Tzu.
6. "The tongue like a sharp knife kills without drawing blood."
7. "In America, we have always taken it as an article of faith that we 'battle' cancer; we attack it with knives, we poison it with chemotherapy or we blast it with radiation."
- Abraham Verghese.
8. "A woman's eyes cut deeper than a knife."
- Robert Jordan.
9. "Mishaps are like knives, that either serve us or cut us, as we grasp them by the blade or by the handle."
- James Russell Lowell.
10. "At that level every goal is like a knife in the ribs."
- Gordon Banks.
Literary Knife Quotes
Would you like to see how a person can use knives in a literary sense? Then right here is your sign to keep reading.
11. "That's the way love sounds, my mother told me. You think it should feel like honey, but instead it cuts like a knife."
- Alice Hoffman.
12. "Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife - chopping off what's incomplete and saying: 'Now, it's complete because it's ended here'."
- Frank Herbert.
13. " "Why did you take that knife?"
"You would've done the same for me."
It was true. I guess we both knew it. Still, I felt like somebody was poking my heart with a cold metal rod."
- Rick Riordan.
14. "All poets' wives have rotten lives / Their husbands look at them like knives."
- Delmore Schwartz.
15. "Only the knife knows what goes on in the heart of a pumpkin."
- Simone Schwarz-Bart.
16. "Fear tastes like a rusty knife and do not let her into your house."
- John Cheever.
17. "Temptation is like a knife, that may either cut the meat or the throat of a man; it may be his food or his poison, his exercise or his destruction."
- John Owen.
Motivational Knife Quotes
Every person gets to use these sayings for the best inspiration out there.
18. "If you want good roses, sharpen your knife and harden your heart."
- Patience Strong.
19. "A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it."
– Rabindranath Tagore.
20. "A sharp knife cuts the quickest and hurts the least."
- Katharine Hepburn.
21. "Genius will live and thrive without training, but it does not the less reward the watering pot and the pruning knife."
22. "A well trained person needs only a knife to survive."
- Mors Kochanski.
23. "Viоlеnсе оf the tongue iѕ vеrу rеаl- ѕhаrреr thаn аnу knifе."
- Teresa Giudice.
24. "I do not weep at the world I am too busy sharpening my oyster knife."
– Zora Neale Hurston.
25. "For I am persuaded that the source of both lies concealed beyond the reach of the knife and microscope."
- Albrecht von Haller.
Knife Love Quotes
Know your love quotes and get the best out of them with these new and old quotes.
26. "Love comes with a knife, not some shy question, and not with fears for its reputation."
27. "Memories do not always soften with time; some grow edges like knives."
- Barbara Kingsolver.
28. "When you are not fed love on a silver spoon you learn to lick it off knives."
- Lauren Eden.
29. "If two people are in love, they can sleep on the bed of a knife."
- Edward Hoagland.
30. "For me the game of love is much like hunting a man on foot with knife. It's not over until the blade is clean."
- Vladimir Putin.
31. "Love is, that you are the knife that I plunge into myself."
- Franz Kafka.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for knife quotes then why not take a look at [cooking quotes], or treasure quotes.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.