Get inspiration for education!
Subscribe for virtual tools, STEM-inspired play, creative tips and more
Mothers and daughters share an extremely unique relationship that cannot be defined in mere words, it can only be felt.
As the common saying goes, daughters are the mirror reflections of their mothers. Undoubtedly, a daughter inherits all her capabilities and qualities from the mother.
Mothers are very protective over their children and the relationship becomes extra special with time. As daughters grow up, they learn from their mothers the art of compassion, caring, and loving. There might be a generation gap between them but no one understands a child more than his or her mother. What makes the bond so special are the differences in opinions, quarrels, mischiefs, sudden hugs, secret girl-talks, warm packed tiffins, and so much more. A mother can be a teacher, caretaker, nurturer, partner-in-crime, and friend all at the same time, always there by your side. So, here are some beautiful like mother like daughter quotes that would make you happy.
Funny Like Mother Like Daughter Quotes
These chucklesome quotes on the mother-daughter relationship will make you giggle and cry at the same time!
1. "To me luxury is to be at home with my daughter, and the occasional massage doesn't hurt."
- Olivia Newton-John.
2. "Mother and daughter got on very well indeed, with a deep affection founded on almost complete misunderstanding."
– Mary Stewart.
3. "The first things that she took from me were selfishness and sleep
She broke a thousand heirlooms I was never meant to keep
She filled my life with color, cancelled plans and trashed my car
But none of that is ever who we are."
- Brandi Carli, 'The Mother'.
4. "Clarity and focus doesn't always come from God or inspirational quotes. Usually, it takes your mother to slap the reality back into you."
— Shannon L. Alder.
5. "My daughter is either my best friend, or Satan. There is no in between."
6. “Insanity is hereditary; you get it from your children!”
– Sam Levenson.
7. "Absolutely, I don't believe in rules. As I tell my daughter when she is mischievous, 'Well-behaved women rarely make history'."
- Nia Vardalos.
8. "Life is tough my darling, but so are you.
- Stephanie Bennett-Henry.
Daughter Like Mother Quotes
Read through these like mother like daughter quotes for reliving some of those nostalgic moments.
9. “If you ever feel like giving up, just remember there is a little girl watching who wants to be just like you.”
10. "All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That’s his.
- Oscar Wilde.
11. "I keep seeing myself in my daughter, and I see my mother in me and in her."
- Julie Walters.
12. “Words are not enough to express the unconditional love that exists between a mother and a daughter.”
– Caitlin Houston.
13. “Mother is a verb. It’s something you do. Not just who you are.”
- Cheryl Lacey Donovan.
14. "Each day
I feel so blessed to be looking at you
'Cause when you open your eyes
I feel alive."
- Beyonce, 'Blue'.
15. "In times of need, and in times of tears, in times of joy and in times of fears...there is mom. The one person who is always there.
- Heather Stillufsen.
16. "Daughter, where did you get all that goddess?
Her eyes are Neruda's two dark pools at twilight."
- Carmen Giménez Smith, 'The Daughter'.
17. “You’re a very special lady, who showered me with love I am thankful for you as I’ve told God above.”
– Charly Lester.
18. "Your arms were always open when I needed a hug. Your heart understood when I needed a friend. Your gentle eyes were stern when I needed a lesson. Your strength and love have guided me and given me wings to fly."
- Sarah Malin.
Mother And Daughter Quotes That Speak About Mother-Daughter Relationships
A mother's love is incomparable to all the riches in the world so mothers must be made to feel special every single day. This Mother's Day gift your pillar of support a handmade greetings card with some of these like mother like daughter quotes.
19. "Behind every young child who believes in himself is a parent who believed first."
- Matthew L. Jacobson.
20. "I thought, my whole life I’ve been under her
raincoat thinking it was somehow a marvel
that I never got wet."
- Ada Limón, 'The Raincoat'.
21. "My daughters are the bouquet of my life."
~ Barbara W Bansley.
22. “Mother and daughter never truly part, maybe in distance but never in heart.”
23. "A mother’s love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things, and crushes down remorselessly all that stand in its path.
- Agatha Christie.
24. "There were times when, in middle school and junior high, I didn’t have a lot of friends. But my mom was always my friend. Always."
– Taylor Swift.
25. "As mothers and daughters, we are connected with one another. My mother is the bones of my spine, keeping me straight and true. She is my blood, making sure it runs rich and strong. She is the beating of my heart. I cannot now imagine a life without her.
- Kristin Hannah.
26. “You know every story, every wound, every memory. Their whole life's happiness is wrapped up in you...every single second.”
- Isabel, ‘Step Mom’.
27. “We mothers are learning to mark our mothering success by our daughters’ lengthening flight.”
– Letty Cottin Pogrebin.
28. "A mother’s treasure is her daughter."
- Catherine Pulsifer.
*Do you know where this quote originated? Please email us to let us know at [email protected]
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for like mother like daughter quotes, then why not take a look at daughter in law, i love you mom quotes, or thank you mom quotes.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.