Get inspiration for education!
Subscribe for virtual tools, STEM-inspired play, creative tips and more
All things end, but memories last forever.
To make memories means to live and capture the great moments of our life. Memories help us relive and remember past events and sometimes make people feel as though they can travel through time into the past.
Every person ought to strive to live their lives to the fullest, for as Mae West said, "You only live once." Our minds have become capable of capturing memorable moments to reminisce on, so what are you waiting for? Leave everything behind, get out, and make yourself some special and happy memories with those you love!
While you enjoy these making memories quotes, do look at these [unconditional love quotes] and life is precious quotes too.
Making New Memories Quotes
Here are a few amazing memories quotes that you'll enjoy reading. You could caption pictures of memories in scrapbooks or on social media with these quotes that encapsulate the idea of "where did the making of memories go?".
1. "Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."
- Robert Brault.
2. "We don’t remember days. We remember moments."
- Cesare Pavese.
3. "You have to color outside the lines once in a while if you want to make your life a masterpiece. "
- Albert Einstein.
4. "Memories warm you up from the inside."
- Haruki Murakami.
5. "There is only one success, to be able to spend your life in your own way."
- Christopher Morley.
6. "If you want something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done."
- Thomas Jefferson.
7. "Somebody should tell us, right at the start of our lives, that we are dying. Then we might live life to the limit, every minute of every day."
- Pope Paul VI.
8. "Memory is the diary we all carry about with us."
- Oscar Wilde.
9. "You cannot swim for new horizons until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore."
- William Faulkner.
10. "You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment."
- Henry David Thoreau.
The Best Making Memories Quotes And Sayings
Here you will find some fabulous quotes on memories. Why not share one of these quotes with someone you love to them happy? Sharing a special memory quote may just make any moment or day really special!
11. "Leftovers in their less visible form are called memories. Stored in the refrigerator of the mind and the cupboard of the heart."
- Thomas Fuller.
12. "Our pictures are our footprints. It’s the best way to tell people we were here."
- Joe McNally.
13. "Getting rid of certain memories also means making some room for other memories to take their place."
- Paulo Coehlo.
14. "We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm, and adventure. There is no end to the adventures that we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open."
- Jawaharlal Nehru.
15. "Success is loving life and daring to live it."
– Maya Angelou.
16. "It is not the years in your life but the life in your years that counts."
- Adlai Stevenson.
17. "Memories, even your most precious ones, fade surprisingly quickly. But I don’t go along with that. The memories I value most, I don’t ever see them fading."
- Kazuo Ishiguro.
18. "Perhaps love is like a resting place, a shelter from the storm. It exists to give you comfort, it is there to keep you warm, and in those times of trouble when you are most alone, the memory of love will bring you home."
- John Denver.
19. "Be bold and mighty forces will come to your aid. In the past, whenever I had fallen short in almost any undertaking, it was seldom because I had tried and failed."
- Arthur Gordon.
20. "Every day, it’s important to ask and answer these questions: What’s good in my life? and What needs to be done?"
- Nathaniel Branden.
21. "It's easier to die when you have lived than it is to die when you haven't. So I say to all young people, go make memories; beautiful memories. Because when the time comes to go, you won't go alone."
- Dorian "Doc" Paskowitz.
22. "I am losing precious days... I am learning nothing in this trivial world of men. I must break away and get out into the mountains to learn the news."
- John Muir.
23. "The saddest summary of a life contains three descriptions: could have, might have, and should have."
- Louis E. Boone.
24. "You have to find what sparks a light in you so that you in your own way can illuminate the world."
- Oprah Winfrey.
25. "Life is a great big canvas, and you should throw all the paint on it you can."
- Danny Kaye.
26. "You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough."
- Mae West.
27. "Young, wild, and free, my whole life ahead of me."
- Mike Stud.
28. "Good memories are the key not to the past, but to the future."
- Corrie ten Boom.
29. "God gave us memory so that we might have roses in December."
- J.M. Barrie.
30. "Of all that I have possessed in my life, my memories are the only things remaining to me."
- Gary Jennings.
Family Memories Quotes
These ideas and quotes about making memories with family are guaranteed to give you a fresh perspective on how to share memories with your loved ones and special ones. We know that happy times spent with loved ones are truly the most special thing, so celebrate this with these quotes about memory.
31. "Cherish your human connections - your relationships with friends and family."
- Barbara Bush.
32. "My advice: Take a second out of the day today and be thankful for your family."
- Jenna Morasca.
Quotes About Making Memories With Friends
Memories made with friends are so special. These quotes will make you want to give your best friend or someone special a call right away because a good friend is a great gift!
33. "Beautiful memories are like old friends. They may not always be on your mind, but they are forever in your heart."
- Susan Gale.
34. "Sometimes, it’s better to bunk a class and enjoy with friends, because now, when I look back, marks never make me laugh, but memories do."
- A.P.J. Abdul Kalam.
35. "Friends are the most important part of your life. Treasure the tears, treasure the laughter, but most importantly, treasure the memories.”
- Dave Brenner.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for 30+ making memories quotes to live your life to the fullest, then why not take a look at these good people quotes or these when life gives you lemons quotes for the gift of more quotes from inspiring people.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.