Get inspiration for education!
Subscribe for virtual tools, STEM-inspired play, creative tips and more
Whenever your precious vehicle has any problems, you always count on an auto mechanic to save the day.
Auto mechanics are some of the most underrated workers of society. That is why we've curated this list of some amazing mechanic quotes and sayings to appreciate them.
If you want to read more quotes around like these, then head over to our articles containing collections of the best [Racing quotes] and Boat quotes.
Best Mechanic Quotes And Sayings
Here are the best auto mechanic quotes and sayings. You'll certainly like a quote from this list!
1. "Mechanics is the paradise of the mathematical sciences because by means of it, one comes to the fruits of mathematics."
- Leonardo da Vinci.
2. "If your trust is in man, your joy will soon be buried in the cemetery. If you hope is in cars, your happiness will soon be found in the mechanic shop."
- Israelmore Ayivor.
3. "You can no more trust Jesus and not intend to obey him than you could trust your doctor and your auto mechanic and not intend to follow their advice. If you don't intend to follow their advice, you simply don't trust them. Period."
4. "You have to look for teachers. If you want to be a mechanic, go hang out with mechanics."
- Robert Kiyosaki.
5. "My dad was a mechanic, and I have great style memories of him. He wore, every single day: a blue chambray shirt, Levi's 501s, and Red Wing boots."
- Nick Wooster.
6. "My friends and neighbors were always fixing their cars. Soldiers who felt restless wanted to work on something, and they understood cars. Me, I like to look at cars but I was never really a mechanic."
- Edward Ruscha.
7. "In my day it was 75 percent car and mechanic, 25 percent driver and luck. Today it's 95 percent car."
- Juan Manuel Fangio.
8. "It is a good idea to 'shop around' before you settle on a doctor. Ask about the condition of his Mercedes. Ask about the competence of his mechanic. Don't be shy! After all, you're paying for it."
- Dave Barry.
9. "I suffer depression only in the sense that I am a writer. We don't have proper jobs to go to. We are on our own all day. Show me a writer who doesn't get depressed: who has a completely stable mood. They'd be a garage mechanic or something."
- Mark Haddon.
10. "Mechanic slaves, With greasy aprons, rules, and hammers, shall uplift us to the view."
- William Shakespeare.
11. "Take care of your car in the garage, and the car will take care of you on the road."
- Amit Kalantri.
Inspirational Mechanic Quotes And Sayings
Here are some inspirational automotive mechanic quotes and sayings. We could learn a lot from these quotes.
12. "I do not forget that I am a mechanic. I am proud to own it. Neither do I forget that . . . the apostle Paul was a tentmaker Socrates was a sculptor and Archimedes was a mechanic."
- Andrew Jackson.
13. "I have rarely seen the face of a mechanic in the action of creation which was not fine, never one which was not earnest and impressive."
- Thomas Nelson Page.
14. "I'm a mechanic; I fix things that are broken. I turn into a thirty-five pound coyote. I have powerful friends. But when it comes right down to it, my real superpower is chaos."
- Patricia Briggs.
15. "The expectations of life depend upon diligence; the mechanic that would perfect his work must first sharpen his tools."
16. "Go into the auto mechanic, you've got to know computers to be able to work on the cars."
- Ann McLane Kuster.
17. "The mechanic, when a wheel refuses to turn, never thinks of dropping on his knees and asking the assistance of some divine power. He knows there is a reason. He knows that something is too large or too small; that there is something wrong with his machine."
- Robert G. Ingersoll.
18. "The planter, the farmer, the mechanic, and the laborer... form the great body of the people of the United States, they are the bone and sinew of the country men who love liberty and desire nothing but equal rights and equal laws."
- Andrew Jackson.
Funny Mechanic Quotes And Sayings
Here are the funniest car mechanic quotes to brighten up your day.
19. "People with honorary awards are looked upon with disfavor. Would you let an honorary mechanic fix your brand-new Mercedes?
- Neil Simon.
20. "Even the best psychiatrist is like a blindfolded auto mechanic poking around under your hood with a giant foam."
- Dennis Miller.
21. "If I was a mechanic and someone called me and said their car would not start, I would say, 'Hey - maybe a killer is after you!'"
- Mitch Hedberg.
22. "As you get older, things conk out. It's a bit like a car. As long as it's something the mechanics can fix, you can chug on for a few more thousand miles."
- Len Goodman.
23. "I backed my car into a cop car the other day. Well, he just drove off, sometimes life's okay."
- Modest Mouse.
24. "A speaker is like a lousy auto mechanic: Every time he fixes something in the language, he screws up something else."
- Joseph H. Greenberg.
25. "A male gynecologist is like an auto mechanic who has never owned a car."
- Carrie Snow.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for mechanic quotes then why not take a look at Key quotes, or Speed quotes.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.