Get inspiration for education!
Subscribe for virtual tools, STEM-inspired play, creative tips and more
Having an old friend is like holding a treasure for life that no one wants to part with.
The best part about having real, old friends is that you actually don't need to have a formal exchange or express greetings with mere words upon meeting. The feelings are mutual and they already know.
It often happens that with time old friends drift apart but no matter how far they are, deep down you know that they would be there in times of need and stick with you through difficulties. Not everyone is blessed with old friends. Although old friends might be forced to stay apart for a long time, the feelings or memories don't fade. They become an intrinsic part of our lives. So, if you have such good old friends then read through these fun-filled old friends reunion quotes, moving on from old friends quotes, talking to old friends quotes, letting go of old friends quotes, good old friends quotes, catching up with old friends quotes, seeing old friends quotes, meeting old friends quotes, and missing old friends quotes.
Quotes For Old Friends That Would Surely Make You Nostalgic
Every moment is the right time for catching up with your old buddies and saying things to them about anything under the sun without filters. Here are some missing my old friends quotes and reconnecting with old friends quotes that would churn up some of the best moments of your life.
1. "Ah, how good it feels! The hand of an old friend."
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
2. “It seemed they had always been, and would always be, friends. Time could change much, but not that.”
— Winnie the Pooh.
3. “It's the worst part of seeing old friends: when your rose-colored memories become undone by reality.”
― Brad Meltzer, 'The Inner Circle'.
4. "How unspeakably the lengthening of memories in common endears our old friends!"
- George Eliot.
5. "There’s not a word yet, for old friends who’ve just met."
- Jim Henson.
6. "When you meet with your old friends, you recollect some of the finest moments of your life and find yourself in a joy that has no comparison."
- Syed Badiuzzaman.
7. "Few and far between are the books you'll cherish, returning to them time and again, to revisit old friends, relive old happiness, and recapture the magic of that first read."
- Michael A. Stackpole.
8. "Someday many years from now, we’ll sit beside the candle’s glow, exchanging tales about our past and laughing as the memories flow. And when that distant day arrives, I know it will be understood, that friendship is the key to live, and we were friends and it was good."
– Eileen Hehl.
9. "To reminisce with my old friends, a chance to share some memories, and play our songs again."
- Ricky Nelson.
10. "What will I do when you are gone?
Who's gonna tell me the truth?
Who's gonna finish the stories I start
The way you always do?"
- Kenny Rogers, 'You Can't Make Old Friends'.
11. "The only good thing about going to the fights is you can go into the green room and you can see some of your old friends that you haven't seen in a long time."
- Robert Goulet.
12. "Old friends are memories personified."
- Richard Paul Evans.
Funny Quotes About Old Friends
A good friendship always manages to survive through rough times. So, next time when you meet with your friends read through these funny old friends quotes to laugh and cry at the same time.
13. "A snowball in the face is surely the perfect beginning to a lasting friendship."
- Markus Zusak.
14. “Even though some of you are pretty thin, you all have fat hearts and that’s what matters.”
– Fat Amy, 'Pitch Perfect'.
15. "Tis the privilege of friendship to talk nonsense, and to have her nonsense respected."
- Charles Lamb.
16. "A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."
- Bernard Meltzer.
17. "Love is blind; friendship tries not to notice."
18. “If you’re not over here in 15 minutes, you can find a new best friend.”
– Ferris Bueller, 'Ferris Bueller’s Day Off'.
19. "Most of us don’t need a psychiatric therapist as much as a friend to be silly with."
- Robert Brault.
20. "When you’re in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you."
- Groucho Marx.
21. "It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson.
22. "You can always tell a real friend: when you’ve made a fool of yourself he doesn’t feel you’ve done a permanent job."
- Laurence J. Peter.
Old Friends Are The Best Quotes
It goes without saying that a good old friend never leaves you even after spending days away. So what are you waiting for? Meet up with your old friends and enjoy these old friends quotes and sayings for celebrating those days of togetherness.
23. "It takes a long time to grow an old friend."
- John Leonard.
24. "Remember that the most valuable antiques are dear old friends."
- H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
25. "A guitar is like an old friend that is there with me."
- B. B. King.
26. "New friends may be poems but old friends are alphabets. Don't forget the alphabets because you will need them to read the poems."
- William Shakespeare.
27. "I always knew looking back on my tears would bring me laughter, but I never knew...my laughter would make me cry."
- Cat Stevens.
28. "You can’t stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes."
- A.A. Milne.
29. "The best mirror is an old friend."
- George Herbert.
30. "We all melt back into the picture...Old friends
And there are no ends to old friends."
- Coldplay, 'Old Friends'.
31. "Sometimes you put walls up not to keep people out, but to see who cares enough to break them down."
32. “The only thing old about you is our friendship, which makes us ancient.”
― Nanette L. Avery.
33. “A friend is someone who helps you up when you’re down, and if they can’t, they lay down beside you and listen.”
— Winnie the Pooh.
34. . "An old friend met in a far country is like rain after a drought."
- Chinese Proverb.
35. "Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom."
- Marcel Proust.
36. "Old friends pass away, new friends appear. It is just like the days. An old day passes, a new day arrives. The important thing is to make it meaningful: a meaningful friend - or a meaningful day."
- Dalai Lama.
37. "Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart."
- Eleanor Roosevelt.
38. "In forming new friendships, forget not old friends."
- Roman Proverb.
39. "Exercise is like an old friend: You may not be able to see that friend all the time, but you're not mad when you see them, you're happy."
- Bethenny Frankel.
40. “Here together, friends forever. Some things were just meant to be, and that’s you and me.”
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for old friends quotes then why not take a look at new friends quotes, or soul sister quotes.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.