Get inspiration for education!
Subscribe for virtual tools, STEM-inspired play, creative tips and more
Being open-minded means considering lots of different possibilities, and not just sticking to one belief.
We often tend to stand firm on the viewpoints that we feel are right, thereby, rejecting the other possibilities. This can stall our growth and development as an individual in the journey of life.
We should always welcome different ideas and possibilities that life has to offer. We need to adapt to the ever-changing environment, and the best way to do this is to really open your mind and embrace all different ideas and opportunities.
We have put together a list of inspirational quotes about having an open mind, including quotes from Socrates on being open-minded, quotes about narrow-minded people, quotes about embracing other ideas, and inspirational be open-minded quotes. We hope this list of inspirational open-minded quotes and sayings widens your mind!
Wise Open-Minded Quotes
Life is unpredictable, therefore having a rigid ideology in our mind is counterintuitive. Here are some inspirational open-minded quotes and open-mindedness sayings for you to read.
1. "A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it is not open."
- Frank Zappa.
2. "An open mind is like an open window. It lets the fresh air in."
- Mike Hernacki.
3. "By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out."
- Richard Dawkins.
4. "Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything."
- George Bernard Shaw.
5. "An open mind is a prerequisite to an open heart."
- Robert M. Sapolsky.
6. "Until the mind is open, the heart stays closed. The open mind is the key to the open heart."
- Byron Katie.
7. "Keeping the mind open to new ideas, not being too anxious about success, putting 100% effort and meditation is the formula for entrepreneurs."
- Sri Sri Ravi Shankar.
8. "The mind that opens up to a new idea never returns to its original size."
- Albert Einstein.
9. "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts."
- Mark Twain.
10. "An open-minded person sees life without boundaries, whereas a close-minded person can only see what's beyond their eyes."
- Kaoru Shinmon.
11. "I don't need other people to have an open mind for me to be happy. I'm the only one who needs an open mind."
- Byron Katie.
12. "People are very open-minded about new things, as long as they're exactly like the old ones."
- Charles Kettering.
13. "In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, in the expert's mind there are few."
14. "An open mind is not an end in itself but a means to the end of finding truth."
- Peter Kreeft.
15. "If you want the truth to stand clear before you, never be for or against. The struggle between 'for' and 'against' is the mind's worst disease."
- Jianzhi Sengchan.
Open-Minded Love Quotes
Many people believe that open-mindedness is the key to the development of ourselves as individuals, and also of the whole world. Here is a list of inspirational quotes about open-minded people and inspirational keeping an open mind quotes.
16. "Open your mind before your mouth."
17. "Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won't come in."
- Isaac Asimov.
18. "Open-minded people do not impose their beliefs on others. They just accept all of life’s perspectives and realities, doing their own thing in peace without judging anyone."
- Steven Aitchison.
19. "They are ill discoverers that think there is no land when they can see nothing but sea."
- Francis Bacon.
20. "An open heart is an open mind."
- Dalai Lama.
21. "It is never too late to give up your prejudices."
- Henry David Thoreau.
22. "You have to be very nimble and very open-minded. Your success is going to be very dependent on how you adapt."
- Jeremy Stoppelman.
23. "An open mind isn't the same thing as an empty head."
- Hal Urban.
24. "The eye sees only what the mind is prepared to comprehend."
- Robertson Davies.
25. "Anthropology demands the open-mindedness with which one must look and listen, record in astonishment and wonder that which one would not have been able to guess."
- Margaret Mead.
26. "The best ideas come as jokes. Make your thinking as funny as possible."
- David Ogilvy.
27. "It's the most unhappy people who most fear change."
- Mignon McLaughlin.
28. "Ambiguity distracts the conscious mind."
- Franz Anton Mesmer II.
29. "Your story should open as a door to the reader, where the action has already begun and they have to run to keep up."
- Davis Bunn.
30. "An open mind is better than a clenched fist."
- Matshona Dhliwayo.
"I'm Open Minded" Quotes
Approach life with an open mind and everything will be achievable! Here's a list of quotes about being open-minded and inspirational open-minded people quotes for you to enjoy.
31. "A great person has two hearts: one heart is bleeding, one heart is tolerant."
32. "Opportunities don't happen, you create them."
- Chris Grosser.
33. "The optimist turns the impossible into the possible; the pessimist turns the possible into the impossible."
- William Arthur Ward.
34. "Imagination belongs to hope. It’s the creative dance of possibility."
- Sharon Weil.
35. "Sometimes I’ve believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."
- Lewis Carroll.
36. "In this moment, there is plenty of time. In this moment, you are precisely as you should be. In this moment, there is infinite possibility."
- Victoria Moran.
37. "The possibilities of the art of combination are not infinite, but they tend to be frightful."
- Jorge Luis Borges.
38. "If you deliberately plan on being less than you are capable of being, then I warn you that you’ll be unhappy for the rest of your life."
39. "Only limitless thinking and dreaming can manifest limitless abilities and success."
- Tavi Castro.
40. "You begin to fly when you let go of self-limiting beliefs and allow your mind and aspirations to rise to greater heights."
- Brian Tracy.
Open-Minded Business Quotes
There are many ups and downs while running a business and only an opened-minded person can go through all the obstacles whilst keeping their mind clear and cool. The following is a list of inspirational quotes and sayings of an open mind, perfect for those in business who seek an open-mind.
41. "Life is a journey with almost limitless possibilities."
- Ken Poirot.
42. "Admit there are limitless possibilities in relationships, and love as many people as you can in whatever way you want, and get rid of your inhibitions, and we'll all be happy."
- Ian McKellen.
43. "Do not be afraid of limitless possibilities. The desert is infinite to the eye as love is to the heart."
- Cathy Ostlere.
44. "That immigrant spirit of limitless possibility animates America even today."
45. "I think it is possible for ordinary people to choose to be extraordinary."
46. "Everyone is a prisoner of his own experiences. No one can eliminate prejudices - just recognize them."
- Edward R. Murrow.
47. "If you cannot be open-minded, then you do not possess your ideas, your ideas possess you."
- Bryant McGill.
48. "The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it."
- Terry Pratchett.
49. "Let yourself be open and life will be easier. A spoon of salt in a glass of water makes the water undrinkable. A spoon of salt in a lake is almost unnoticed."
– Buddha Siddhartha.
50. "The greatest freedom is to be free of our own mind."
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for open-minded quotes that will inspire you to open your mind, then why not take a look at these take action quotes or perspective quotes for more inspirational quotes?
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.