Get inspiration for education!
Subscribe for virtual tools, STEM-inspired play, creative tips and more
Most of us know what fate is but not everyone believes in it.
People often say that things happen thanks to fate, that it was written in the stars. But not everyone is sure exactly how fate works.
Human life is full of troubles and opportunities. Certain situations are in our control, and some are not. Many people believe that the situations that are not in our control are instead controlled by fate. Fate is a beautiful concept that can help bring a sense of calm to our lives during testing times.
Fate is all about the idea that the things that are meant to be for us will always find a way of coming to us, and that some things are simply not meant to be. Fate cannot be taken for granted and it is a beautiful guiding light in many people's lives.
In order to celebrate the wonder of fate, we have collected a list of the best fate quotes. From fate quotes from scholars to fate quotes from celebrities, there have been so many people from past and present times who believe in fate. The belief that fate exists is a beautiful belief in a power beyond our understanding. If you liked reading these fate quotes, you can also check out these destiny quotes and soulmate quotes.
Famous Quotes About Fate
Here, we have collected some of the best fate quotes that might make you believe in how beautiful fate can be, and that many things are actually written in the stars.
1. "Life is what happens to us while we are making other plans."
- Allen Saunders.
2. "What’s meant to be will always find a way."
- Trisha Yearwood.
3. "I am the master of my fate and the captain of my destiny."
- Nelson Mandela.
4. "Actions are the seed of fate."
- Harry S. Truman.
5. "I knew it like destiny, and at the same time, I knew it as a choice."
- Jeanette Winterson.
6. "Fate leads the willing and drags along the unwilling."
7. "We are spinning our own fates, good or evil, never to be undone."
- William James.
8. "Living an experience, a particular fate, is accepting it fully."
- Albert Camus.
9. "I thank fate for having made me born poor. Poverty taught me the true value of the gifts useful to life."
- Anatole France.
10. "To live alone is the fate of all great souls."
- Arthur Schopenhauer.
Quotes About The Universe And Fate
The universe is full of mystery and abundance. The beauty of the universe is that it always provides, regardless of what you ask for. The fate quotes below beautifully describe the role of the universe in all of our lives.
11. "Some things are destined to be - it just takes us a couple of tries to get there."
- J. R. Ward, 'Lover Mine'.
12. "How a person masters his fate is more important than what his fate is."
- Wilhelm von Humboldt.
13. "When an inner situation is not made conscious, it appears outside as fate."
- Carl Jung.
14. "Fate is not quite as strange as it appears!"
- John McLeod.
15. "Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson.
16. "Fate is nothing but the deeds committed in a prior state of existence."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson.
17. "It is easier to command a lapdog or a mule for a whole day than one's own fate for half-an-hour."
- Hilaire Belloc.
18. "It is a sad fate for a man to die too well known to everybody else, and still unknown to himself."
- Francis Bacon.
19. "Everybody, soon or late, sits down to a banquet of consequences."
- Robert Louis Stevenson.
20. "If you can't change your fate, change your attitude."
- Charles Revson.
Quotes About Soulmates And Fate
Everyone wants to be loved. Many people believe that romantic relationships are written in the stars too. For them, fate plays an important role in uniting soulmates. It is truly magical! Here are some more fate quotes that will tell you that love can be found written in the stars.
21. "Accept the things to which fate binds you, and love the people with whom fate brings you together, but do so with all your heart."
- Marcus Aurelius, 'Meditations'.
22. "Love cannot save you from your own fate."
- Jim Morrison.
23. "You don't find love, it finds you. It's got a little bit to do with destiny, fate, and what's written in the stars."
- Anaïs Nin.
24. "Fate rules the affairs of mankind with no recognizable order."
25. "Coincidences mean you’re on the right path."
- Simon Van Booy.
26. "Many men would take the death sentence without a whimper to escape the life sentence which Fate carries in her hand."
- T. E. Lawrence.
27. "Everyone shares the same fate."
- Alan Lightman.
28. "Fate means seeing the hand of God move clearly through your life, even with your eyes closed."
- Rusty Fischer.
29. "I did not direct my life. I didn't design it. I never made decisions. Things always came up and made them for me. That's what life is."
- B. F. Skinner.
30. "Remember upon the conduct of each depends on the fate of all."
- Alexander the Great.
Quotes About Timing And Fate
Timing is another important part of fate. Whilst the timings of some things might seem frustrating to us, many people find comfort in the idea that the timing of everything in life is due to fate. Check out these quotes about timing and fate to find out more.
31. "When it comes to life, we spin our own yarn, and where we end up is really, in fact, where we always intended to be."
- Julia Glass, 'Three Junes'.
32. "There’s nowhere you can be that isn’t where you’re meant to be…"
- John Lennon.
33. "You weren't being punished you were waiting for me."
- Jean M. Auel.
34. "Your thoughts are the architects of your destiny."
- David O. McKay.
35. "All the world’s a stage and most of us are desperately unrehearsed."
- Seán O’Casey.
36. "Men are not prisoners of fate, but only prisoners of their own minds."
- Franklin D. Roosevelt.
37. "Fate throws fortune, but not everyone catches."
- Polish proverb.
38. "Ask not what tomorrow may bring, but count as a blessing every day that fate allows you."
39. "Men do not shape destiny, Destiny produces the man for the hour."
- Fidel Castro.
40. "The fate of our times is characterized by rationalization and intellectualization and, above all, by the disenchantment of the world."
- Max Weber.
Magical Fate Quotes
Fate can be a very magical thing. When fate works its magic, it feels very surreal. The quotes below are magical enough to make you believe in fate.
41. "It was written I should be loyal to the nightmare of my choice."
- Joseph Conrad, 'Heart Of Darkness'.
42. "Actions are the seed of fate deeds grow into destiny."
- Harry S Truman.
43. "Fate is like a strange unpopular restaurant, filled with waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like."
- Lemony Snicket.
44. "Every people should be originators of their own destiny."
- Martin Delany.
45. "It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves."
- William Shakespeare.
46. "As we move through life, the force of fate creates events that we only appreciate when we reflect on our existence."
- Ronald Harmon.
47. "Maybe fate isn't the pond you swim in but the fisherman floating on top of it, letting you run the line wild until you are weary enough to be reeled back in."
- Jodi Picoult.
48. "Everything happens when it's supposed to."
- Michelle C. Ustaszeski.
49. "Man's biological weakness is the condition of human culture."
- Erich Fromm.
50. "There is no such thing as accident; it is fate misnamed."
- Napoleon Bonaparte.
The Best Fate Quotes
This section includes some of the best quotes on fate.
51. "Knowing too much of your future is never a good thing."
- Rick Riordan, 'The Lightning Thief'.
52. "No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path."
- Gautama Buddha, 'Sayings Of Buddha'.
53. "Fate loves the fearless."
- James Russell Lowell.
54. "It is in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped."
- Tony Robbins.
55. "Destiny is a worrying concept. I don’t want to be fated, I want to choose."
- Jeanette Winterson.
56. "Fate and me, we have a thing."
- The Doctor, 'Doctor Who', series 10, episode five.
57. "Fate shows a different face, the gulf between what we are and what we think we are."
- Stelios Ramphos.
58. "Everything comes gradually at its appointed hour."
59. "The miracle on earth are the laws of heaven."
- Jean Paul.
60. "Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out til too late that he's been playing with two queens all along."
- Terry Pratchett.
61. "When God takes out the trash, don't go digging back through it. Trust Him."
- Amaka Imani Nkosazana.
62. "Here I am myself - you all know me, the world knows my fame: I am Oedipus.
- Oedipus, Sophocles, 'Oedipus Rex'.
63. "Teiresias: Well, it will come what will, though I be mute.
Oedipus: Since come it must, thy duty is to tell me.
Teiresias: I have no more to say; storm as thou willst, and give the rein to all thy pent-up rage.
- Sophocles, 'Oedipus The King'.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for quotes about fate, then why not take a look at these quotes about changing the world or [quotes about living your best life] too?
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.