Get inspiration for education!
Subscribe for virtual tools, STEM-inspired play, creative tips and more
Reflection refers to the image which is formed on a transparent surface of a particular object.
Reflections are generally formed on water surfaces or in a mirror. Spirituality speaking our soul also reflects our personality.
Reflections are not just what you see in the mirror. A reflection shows us our good and bad traits if we really ponder over it. Self-reflections are extremely important for everyone to grow and prosper in life. It will help in self-improvement and thereby help in overcoming obstacles in the future. If you like quotes about reflections, take a look at these lovely reflection quotes!
Best Reflection Quotes
Enlisted below are some of the best reflection quotes.
1. "Without reflection, we go blindly on our way, creating more unintended consequences, and failing to achieve anything useful.”
- Margaret J. Wheatley.
2. "Everything in your life is a reflection of a choice you have made. If you want a different result, make a different choice."
3. "The way we experience the world around us is a direct reflection of the world within us."
- Gabrielle Bernstein.
4. "Time and reflection change the sight little by little 'till we come to understand."
- Paul Cezanne.
5. "Some nights are made for torture, or reflection, or the savoring of loneliness.”
― Poppy Z.Brite.
6. "Since everything is a reflection of our minds, everything can be changed by our minds."
- Gautama Buddha.
7. "Follow effective action with quiet reflection. From the quiet reflection will come even more effective action."
- Peter Drucker.
8. "Everyone and everything that shows up in our life is a reflection of something that is happening inside of us."
- Alan Cohen.
9. "Surround yourself with really good people. I think that's an important thing. Because the people you surround yourself are a reflection of you."
- Aaron Rodgers.
10. "Reflect upon your present blessings of which every man has many - not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some."
- Charles Dickens.
11. "Reflect upon your present blessings—of which every man has many—not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some.”
― Charles Dickens, 'A Christmas Carol And Other Christmas Writings'.
12. "Her own thoughts and reflections were habitually her best companions."
- Jane Austen.
Famous Reflection Quotes
Here you will find all the famous and good reflection quotes. You will also find quotes about not recognizing your own reflection.
13. "Pop culture is a reflection of social change, not a cause of social change."
- John Podhoretz.
14. "Thirst drove me down to the water
where I drank the moon's reflection."
15. "Your grammar is a reflection of your image. Good or bad, you have made an impression. And like all impressions, you are in total control."
- Jeffrey Gitomer.
16. "Our language is the reflection of ourselves. A language is an exact reflection of the character and growth of its speakers."
- Cesar Chavez.
17. "The type of person you are is usually reflected in your business. To improve your business, first improve yourself."
― Idowu Koyenikan, 'Wealth For All: Living A Life Of Success At The Edge Of Your Ability'.
18. "Did you ever wonder if the person in the puddle is real, and you're just a reflection of him?"
- Bill Watterson.
19. "I often stood in front of the mirror alone, wondering how ugly a person could get."
― Charles Bukowski, ‘Ham On Rye’.
20. "When the act of reflection takes place in the mind, when we look at ourselves in the light of thought, we discover that our life is embosomed in beauty."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson.
21. "The world you see outside of you will always be a reflection of what you have inside of you."
- Cory Booker.
22. "The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection."
- Thomas Paine.
24. "Study without reflection is a waste of time; reflection without study is dangerous."
Mirror Reflection Quotes
Enlisted below are the finest mirror reflection quotes. You will also find water quotes and book quotes of reflection.
25. "Life is a mirror and will reflect back to the thinker what he thinks into it."
- Ernest Holmes.
26. "If you chase the art, you really can't fail because you'll always be able to look at yourself in the mirror. And that's not about making angry decisions, either, it's about always doing the right thing for you, your fans and your art."
- Gerard Way.
27. "Hold up a mirror and ask yourself what you are capable of doing, and what you really care about. Then take the initiative - don't wait for someone else to ask you to act."
- Sylvia Earle.
28. "We only see what we want to see; we only hear what we want to hear. Our belief system is just like a mirror that only shows us what we believe."
29. "Look in the mirror and one thing is sure: what we see is not who we are."
- Richard Bach.
30. "There are times when those eyes inside your brain stare back at you."
- Charles Bukowski.
31. "There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it."
32. "I've always told Will, you can do whatever you want as long as you can look at yourself in the mirror and be Ok."
- Jada Pinkett Smith.
33. "Cinema is a mirror by which we often see ourselves."
- Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu.
34. "The world is a great mirror. It reflects back to you what you are."
- Thomas Dreier.
35. "So much of how you look at yourself in the mirror reflects how you feel about yourself, and how you comport yourself."
- Tatiana Maslany.
36. "It's kind of like when you look at yourself in the mirror and you say your name. And it gets to a point where none of it seems real."
- Stephen Chbosky.
37. "Poetry is a mirror which makes beautiful that which is distorted."
- Percy Bysshe Shelley.
38. "To succeed in life requires a total inability to do anything that makes you uncomfortable when you look at yourself in the mirror."
- Nassim Nicholas Taleb.
39. "Nobody needs to prove to anybody what they're worthy of, just the person that they look at in the mirror. That's the only person you need to answer to."
- Picabo Street.
40. "Like water which can clearly mirror the sky and the trees only so long as its surface is undisturbed, the mind can only reflect the true image of the Self when it is tranquil and wholly relaxed."
- Indra Devi.
41. "Mirrors are there when we are and yet they never give anything back to us but our own image. Never, never shall we know what they are when they are alone or what is behind them."
- Erich Maria Remarque.
Quotes About Self Reflection
Here you will find all the finest self-reflection quotes, and how it can help one to reflect on their actions and be a better person.
42. "There is one art of which people should be masters - the art of reflection."
- Samuel Taylor Coleridge.
43. "It is when you lose sight of yourself, that you lose your way. To keep your truth in sight you must keep yourself in sight and the world to you should be a mirror to reflect to you your image; the world should be a mirror that you reflect upon."
- C. JoyBell C.
44. "To achieve happiness I advocate four major principles, the principles of love, wisdom, self-reflection, and progress."
- Ryuho Okawa.
45. "Self-reflection is the school of wisdom."
- Baltasar Gracian.
46. "Love your Enemies, for they tell you your Faults."
- Benjamin Franklin, 'Poor Richard's Almanack'.
47. "When I am sharply judgmental of any other person, it's because I sense or see reflected in them some aspect of myself that I don't want to acknowledge."
- Gabor Maté, 'In The Realm Of Hungry Ghosts: Close Encounters With Addiction'.
48. "Women need real moments of solitude and self reflection to balance out how much of ourselves we give away."
- Barbara De Angelis.
49. "The unexamined life is not worth living."
50. "Don’t worry if people think you’re crazy. You are crazy. You have that kind of intoxicating insanity that lets other people dream outside of the lines and become who they’re destined to be."
- Jennifer Elisabeth, 'Born Ready: Unleash Your Inner Dream Girl'.
51. "Reflection is the lamp of the heart. If it departs, the heart will have no light."
- Abdullah Ibn Alawi Al-Haddad.
52. "The journey into self-love and self-acceptance must begin with self-examination. ... until you take the journey of self-reflection, it is almost impossible to grow or learn in life."
- Iyanla Vanzant.
53. "Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
- Soren Kierkegaard.
54. "Self-reflection entails asking yourself questions about your values, assessing your strengths and failures, thinking about your perceptions and interactions with others, and imagining where you want to take your life in the future."
- Robert L. Rosen.
55. "Sometimes it's easier to see the madness in others—but we also have to see it in ourselves."
- Eckhart Tolle.
56. "The state of your life is nothing more than a reflection of the state of your mind."
- Wayne Dyer.
* Do you know where this quote originated? Please email us to let us know at [email protected]
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for quotes on reflection then why not take a look at past, present, and future quotes, and quotes about knowing yourself.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.