Get inspiration for education!
Subscribe for virtual tools, STEM-inspired play, creative tips and more
In the world we live in and the life that we lead, we soon realize that our actions always lead to an event in the future that is a direct result of our past.
'You reap what you sow' essentially means that the seeds we plant now will eventually be what we sow. This also means that we will not receive any harvest if we don't put effort into planting the seeds.
We need to work hard in our life to make our futures bright. Every action you take towards that goal is going to open up opportunities to reach that goal. We cannot expect to achieve anything in life by not taking action.
This brings us to a widely known concept called 'Karma'. Therefore the universe is always just, and every good deed you perform will surely be reciprocated to you one way or another. This also stands true to all the bad deeds you perform throughout your life, as you will eventually face the consequences.
Reap What You Sow Quotes And Sayings
Cultivate the habit early with these, 'what you sow you shall reap' quotes.
1. "If you don't like what you are reaping, you had better change what you have been sowing."
2. "Before the reward there must be labor. You plant before you harvest. You sow in tears before you reap joy."
3. "An act of love makes the soul more loving. A deed of humbleness deepens humbleness. The thing reaped is the very thing sown, multiplied a hundredfold. You have sown a seed of life, you reap life everlasting."
-Frederick William Robertson.
4. "As man sows, so shall he reap. In works of fiction, such men are sometimes converted. More often, in real life, they do not change their natures until they are converted into dust."
-Charles W. Chesnutt.
5. "In this world, there really is a law of cause and effect: You reap what you sow. Then energy you put out really does come back to you."
6. "Plant the seed of fearlessness with you, take daily action in the direction of your dreams and you will reap success with a surety."
7. "You'll never change your life until you change your choices."
8. "Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
9. "Sooner or later everyone sits down to a banquet of consequences."
10. "Sow a thought, and you reap an act; Sow an act, and you reap a habit; Sow a habit and you reap a character; Sow a character, and you reap a destiny."
Reap What You Sow Quotes Bible
Here are verses from the Bible that depict the idea of 'you will reap what you sow quotes'.
11. "The faithless will be fully repaid for their ways, and the good rewarded for theirs."
12. "Now this I say, he who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully."
13. "Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, this he will also reap."
14. "Whoever sows injustice will reap calamity, and the rod of his fury will fail."
15. "A wicked person earns deceptive wages, but the one who sows righteousness reaps a sure reward."
16. "For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life."
17. "Give, and it will be given to you. Good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For with the measure you use it will be measured back to you."
18. "Then this shall be the sign for you: you will eat this year what grows of itself, in the second year what springs from the same, and in the third year sow, reap, plant vineyards and eat their fruit."
19. "Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary."
20. "Those who live only to satisfy their own sinful nature will harvest decay and death from that sinful nature."
Reap What You Sow Similar Quotes
Here are quotes that have the same lesson attached to the 'reap what your sow quotes' and some harvest quotes.
21. "Karma is the universal law of cause and effect. You reap what you sow. You get what you earn. You are what you eat. If you give love, you get love. Revenge returns itself upon the avenger."
22. "What we plant in the soil of contemplation, we shall reap in the harvest of action."
23. "When you do good for other people, that's when God is going to make sure that His abundant blessings overtake you."
24. "If we're going to bring out the best in people, we, too, need to sow seeds of encouragement."
25. "Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant."
-Robert Louis Stevenson.
26. "Life is like a boomerang. Our thoughts, deeds and words return to us sooner or later, with astounding accuracy."
-Grant M. Bright.
27. "You must give to get, You must sow the seed, before you can reap the harvest."
28. "There's a season for sowing a season for reaping. Self-discipline helps you know which is which."
-Gary Ryan Blair.
29. "If we send out thoughts of love and health, they return to us like bread cast upon the waters."
-Charles F. Haanel.
30. "With every deed you are sowing a seed, though the harvest you may not see."
-Ella Wheeler Wilcox.
Best Inspirational 'Reap What You Sow' Quotes
Here are quotes to encourage you to do the right thing in life.
31. "When men sow the wind it is rational to expect that they will reap the whirlwind."
32. "If you want to rear financial blessings, you have to sow financially."
33. "Plant a seed of friendship; reap a bouquet of happiness."
-Lois L Kaufman.
34. "To reap a return in ten years, plant trees. To reap a return in 100, cultivate the people."
-Ho Chi Minh.
35. "Whatever it is you want, plant it, sow it, give it, and it shall be given unto you."
36. "Love is not something you sow and reap instantly, you have to watch it grow and become stronger."
37. "Good intentions are at least, the seed of good actions."
-William Temple Sr.
38. "If you sow seeds of dishonor, unfaithfulness, dishonesty today you will reap the same tomorrow."
-Anurag Prakash Ray.
39. "Patience is necessary, and one cannot reap immediately where one has sown."
40. "There would be no advantage to be gained by sowing a field of wheat if the harvest did not return more than was sown."
41. "Turned my sorrow into treasured gold, you pay me back in kind and reap just what you sow."
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for 40+ reap what you sow quotes to keep you accountable, then why not take a look at taking chances quotes, or you can do anything quotes.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.