Get inspiration for education!
Subscribe for virtual tools, STEM-inspired play, creative tips and more
There are moments in our life when we are let down by circumstances which are not in our control.
These are times when we are on the edge of giving it all up, not knowing a way out of it all. Times when there's no one around to help us get back up.
In moments like these, we need to know that time shall heal all, and we will rise above. There is no mountain too big; there is no river too deep; we are all capable of greatness. Life is full of ups and downs, and if you're persistent enough, you will eventually reach your goals. That is what it means to 'rise above'.
Throughout life, we face all kinds of problems. Be it our career, relationship, health, or wealth, there will never be a moment when every aspect of our life is perfect. These imperfections build character. Rising above these imperfections and slowly working towards our little perfect life is what life is all about. Rise above quotes and sayings can inspire this within us.
Best Rise Above Quotes And Sayings
The best quotes to help you rise above it all. Read these 'rise above' quotes and sayings to uplift your soul.
1. "Your fears will appear smaller and smaller as you rise above them."
-Carol 'CC' Miller.
2. "Truth will rise above falsehood as oil above water."
-Miguel de Cervantes.
3. "I'm going to always rise above the doubt that may exist about me."
4. "The greatest victory in life is to rise above the material things that we once valued most."
5. "You bury me, I will raise as white seed, you burn me, I will raise as black ash."
-P.S. Jagadeesh Kumar.
6. "To succeed it is necessary to accept the world as it is and rise above it."
7. "Negative thinking is contagious. Do your best not to dwell on negativity, it will consume you and prevent you from becoming your best self."
8. "You ought to know how to rise above the trivialities of life, in which most people are found drowning themselves."
9. "Little minds are tamed and subdued by misfortune, but great minds rise above them."
10. "You rise in your mind when you have ascended in your soul."
Rise Above Hate Quotes
Read these 'rise above' quotes and sayings to defeat the hate, and spread love and cheer by being your best self!
11. "Doubt yourself and you doubt everything you see. Judge yourself and you see judges everywhere. But if you listen to the sound of your own voice, you can rise above doubt and judgment."
12. "When the world pushes you to your knees, you’re in the perfect position to pray."
13. "We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses."
14. "Don’t argue your path with other people. Walk it."
-The Lazy Yogi.
15. "Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent."
16. "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."
17. "Negative people can only infest you with discouragements when they find you around… Just get lost and get saved!"
18. "Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King, Jr.
19. "Life becomes easier when you learn to accept an apology you never got."
20. "If we open our hearts to give love we are immediately transported into the joy and blessings of love."
Rise Above Adversity Quotes
Whatever life throws at you, just rise above it. You've come all this way and you'll only stop when you've reached where you want to be. Read on for inspiring 'rise above' quotes.
21. "We don't develop courage by being happy every day. We develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity."
-Barbara De Angelis.
22. "I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.'"
23. "Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible."
-Francis of Assisi.
24. "All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me….You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
25. "When adversity strikes, that's when you have to be the most calm. Take a step back, stay strong, stay grounded, and press on."
-LL Cool J.
26. "Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which in prosperous circumstances would have lain dormant."
27. "Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavour."
28. "The turning point in the process of growing up is when you discover the core of strength within you that survives all hurt."
29. "I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination."
30. "Rise above your circumstances, change the world one person at a time starting with you, and be the inspiration you’ve been searching for."
Motivational Rise Above Quotes And Sayings
'Rise above it' quotes that you wish someone told you when you needed to hear it.
31. "Everyone can rise above their circumstances and achieve success if they are dedicated to and passionate about what they do."
32. "The most beautiful people I’ve known are those who have known trials, have known struggles, have known loss, and have found their way out of the depths."
33. "Some people will just go with the flow of things and sway in life, while others will fight against the currents and go upstream to reach their destiny."
34. "We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey."
35. "You have to trust in something, your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life."
36. "There is in man a conscience which outlives the sensations the sensations, resolutions, and emotions of the hour, and rises above them all."
37. "Do not judge me by my success. Judge me by how many times I fell down and got back up again."
38. "Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyze you, they're supposed to help you discover who you are."
-Bernice Johnson Reagon.
39. "You can't cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water."
40. "The future belongs to those who can rise above the confines of the earth."
-Alfred North Whitehead.
Most Inspiring Rise Above Quotes To Help You Rise Up
We all face hardships in life in different forms. The only thing that matters is that you've risen up at the end of it. Here are some 'rise above' quotes to get you going.
41. "Rise above the storm and you will find the sunshine."
42. "I am proof that one person can rise above any challenge, and if I can, then so will others if they are given the chance."
43. "It's when ordinary people rise above the expectations and seize the opportunity that milestones truly are reached."
44. "I was bullied as a child and used humor to rise above it."
45. "Compassion brings us to a stop, and for a moment we rise above ourselves."
46. "Today, pick one strength and one weakness and hammer away at them with intense focus. Today, tomorrow, and the day after. Rise bit-by-bit - but rise!"
-T Jay Taylor.
47. "There is a certain enthusiasm in liberty, that makes human nature rise above itself, in acts of bravery and heroism."
48. "It is best to rise from life as from a banquet, neither thirsty nor drunken."
49. "Rise up and be the best you can be because your world is waiting for you."
50. "To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe."
51. "You yourself are your own obstacle, rise above yourself."
52. "Once we accept our limits, we go beyond them."
53. "We will never bring peace at the hands of war. As a species, we have to rise above it."
54. "Pardon me while I burn, and rise above the flame."
55. "The world helps you to keep evolving and hope it's for better. You have to rise above all the tragedies in life. You have to grow, and if you stop growing, you are old."
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for 'Rise Above' quotes, then why not take a look at be brave quotes, or life is what you make it quotes?
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.