Recent searches (0)
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
'Spirited Away' (called 'Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi' in Japanese) is one of the best movies of Hayao Miyazaki as a director.
The movie was released in 2001 as a Japanese animated fantasy film. It has a worldwide box office gross of $338 million and is one of the highest-grossing films in Japanese history too.
'Spirited Away' tells the story of Chihiro Ogino (Hiiragi), a 10-year-old girl who, while moving to a new neighborhood, enters the world of Kami (spirits of Japanese Shinto folklore). The witch Yubaba (Natsuki) turns Chihiro 's parents into pigs so she then sets out to get a job to free them all. She ends up working in Yubaba's bathhouse hoping that they can return to the human world. It has also won the Academy Award for Best Animated Feature at the 75th Academy Awards making it the only non-English-language animated film to win the award.
So if you are looking for the best 'Spirited Away' movie quotes, this is the best place for your spirit to get fulfilled with these quotes as we guide you to the spirit world too!
These are some of the best quotes from the 'Spirited Away' movie itself which we never really forget no matter how old the movie gets or how many new amazing anime movies come and go. This is an animated movie which is close to our hearts, so enjoy these quotes from 'Spirited Away'.
1. "Once you've met someone you never really forget them. It just takes a while for your memories to return."
2. "Staying in this room is what will make you sick!"
3. "Quit whining. It's fun to move to a new place, it's an adventure."
4. "I've gotta get out of this place. Someday I’m getting on that train."
5. "Where did you learn how to spin, No-Face?"
6. "Now go, and don't look back."
7. "You have to hold your breath while you cross the bridge. Even the tiniest breath will break the spell, and then everyone will see you."
8. "That’s how Yubaba controls you... by stealing your name."
9. "Don’t worry! You've got daddy here. He’s got credit cards and cash."
10. "Something you wouldn't recognize. It’s called love."
11. "Use it to tie your hair. It’ll protect you. It is made from the threads your friends wove together."
12. "No-Face, if you even put one scratch on that girl, you’re in big trouble."
13. "Welcome the rich man, he's hard for you to miss. His butt keeps getting bigger, so there's plenty there to kiss!"
14. "Chihiro, don’t cling like that, you’ll make me trip."
15. "A human! You're in trouble! You're the one everyone's been looking for!"
16. "Once you do something, you never forget. Even if you can't remember."
17. "Listen, Haku. I don’t remember it, but my mom told me… Once, when I was little, I fell into a river. She said they’d drained it and built things on top. But I’ve just remembered. The river was called the Kohaku River. Your real name is… Kohaku."
18. "You humans always make a mess of things. Like your parents who gobbled up the food of the spirits like pigs. They got what they deserved."
19. "You still haven’t noticed that something precious to you has been replaced."
From here you'll be reading some of the dialogue exchanges between the characters of the movie, like Chihiro, Zeniba, Lin, Kamaji, and more. We are giving you some of the best memories from the characters themselves to help you freshen up your own exciting memories of the anime.
20. "Zeniba: The protective seal on my gold charm is gone!
Chihiro: You mean that little black slug? I think I killed it when I stepped on it…
Zeniba: HA HA HA! My sister put that there so she could control Haku… and you killed it! HA HA HA! But it’s strange… only love can remove a seal."
21. "Chihiro: Daddy, are we lost?
Chihiro’s Father: Don’t worry, I’ve got four-wheel drive."
22. "Haku: Kamaji.
Kamajii: Oh, Haku, you’re awake.
Haku: Where’s Sen? What happened? Please, tell me.
Kamajii: Don’t you remember anything?
Haku: Just little pieces. Chihiro kept calling my name in the darkness. I followed her voice and woke up lying here.
Kamajii: Chihiro, huh? Her real name’s Chihiro? Can’t beat the power of love."
23. "Now I remember your name. Your name is the Kohaku River."
-Chihiro to Haku (while his flying as the dragon).
24. "Lin: What's going on here?
Kamaji: Something you wouldn't recognize. It's called love."
-Lin and Kamaji, 'Spirited away'.
25. "Chihiro: What are all those stones? They look like little houses.
Chihiro's Mother: Those are shrines. Some people believe spirits live in them."
The amazing characters in the story deliver some humorous lines too. Take a look at the list below from the likes of Lin, Zeniba, Chihiro, Haku, Yubaba and Boh.
26. "Three days of eating our food and her smell will go away. And if she doesn’t work hard, roast her, boil her, do whatever you want. Now get back to work!"
27. “Play with me or I'll break your arm.”
28. "I finally get a bouquet and it’s a goodbye present. That’ s depressing."
29. "You pea-brain. Can’t you even tell me from your own mother."
30. "Sen! I'm sorry I called you a dope before... I take it back!"
31. "Aren't you even going to knock? You're the most pathetic little girl I've ever seen."
32. "Come on! Quit eating! Let get out of here!"
33. “There aren't two of him (Haku) here, are there?”
- Chihiro Ogino.
34. “If you make Sen cry I won’t like you anymore.”
35. [about Yubaba] "We're identical twins and exact opposites."
36. "Let me just suck on the tail please!"
37. "I promise I'll get you out of here, just don't get any fatter or they'll eat you!"
38. “I’m not leaving until you give me a job!!"
– Chihiro Ogino.
39. “This is a high class place I’m running here!”
40. “Hands down. You’ll insult our guest.”
Hayao Miyazaki (as a director and human being an inspiration) and Studio Ghibli (Japanese animation studio that has produced countless beautiful and magical films, such as 'My Neighbor Totoro' and the Oscar-winning 'Spirited Away') are known for giving some of the best old school movies and there's a big menu of quotes from each of their movies... So it's time to explore some of the best inspiring quotes from other Hayao Miyazaki movies for every generation.
41. "They say that the best blaze burns brightest when circumstances are at their worst."
-'Howls Moving Castle' (2004).
42. "Deny death, and you deny life."
-'Tales From Earthsea' (2006).
43. "It’s funny how you wake up each day and never really know if it’ll be one that will change your life forever."
-'The Secret World Of Arrietty' (2010).
44. "Everybody, try laughing. Then whatever scares you will go away!"
-'My Neighbor Totoro' (1988).
45. "Always believe in yourself. Do this and no matter where you are, you will have nothing to fear."
-'The Cat Returns' (2002).
46. "Sometimes you have to fight for the things that are worth fighting for."
-'The Secret World Of Arrietty' (2010).
47. "The Earth speaks to all of us, and if we listen, we can understand."
-'Castle in the Sky'.
48. "Whenever someone creates something with all of their heart, then that creation is given a soul."
-'The Cat Returns'.
49. "Yet, even amidst the hatred and carnage, life is still worth living. It is possible for wonderful encounters and beautiful things to exist."
50. "The creation of a single world comes from a huge number of fragments and chaos."
51. "Inspiration unlocks the future."
-'The Wind Rises'.
52. "It's not really important what color your dress is. What matters is the heart inside."
-'Kiki’s Delivery Service' (1989).
53. "The rough stone is inside of you. You have to find it...and then polish it."
-'Whisper of the Heart' (1995).
54. "Life is suffering. It is hard. The world is cursed. But still, you find reasons to keep on living."
-'Princess Mononoke' (1997).
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for 'Spirited Away' Quotes then why not take a look at 'Howl's Moving Castle' quotes, or anime love quotes.
Read The Disclaimer
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.
Remember that you can always manage your preferences or unsubscribe through the link at the foot of each newsletter.