Get inspiration for education!
Subscribe for virtual tools, STEM-inspired play, creative tips and more
Being a mother is one of the most important and most challenging jobs in the world.
It is also one of the most under-appreciated jobs in the world. This is exactly why we've compiled this list of the best stay at home mom quotes as a little token of appreciation.
Although it is a very difficult job, being a stay at home mom also has some benefits, like you can always be there when your kid needs you and you can spend more time with them. If you'd like to read more quotes, then check out these funny mom quotes and [new mom quotes].
Inspirational Stay At Home Mom Quotes
Here are some inspirational quotes for stay at home moms.
1. "There is one gift that trumps all other talents—being an excellent parent. If you can successfully raise a child in this day in age to have integrity then you have left a legacy that future generations will benefit from."
- Shannon L. Alder.
2. "I think women should have choices and should be able to do what they like, and I think it's a great choice to stay at home and raise kids, just as it's a great choice to have a career."
- Will Schwalbe, 'The End of Your Life Book Club'.
3. "Working moms, stay-at-home moms, they're both extremely hard jobs."
- Hilary Rosen.
4. "A person who abandons a career in order to stay home and raise children is considered not to be living up to his potential- as if a job title and salary are the sole measure of human worth."
- Bill Watterson.
5. "A mother can feel desperate for sleep yet equally desperate to comfort her baby when he needs her at night. I have spoken to many mothers who have sacrificed their own sleep, waking up numerous times every night because their babies cried for them."
- Naomi Stadlen, 'What Mothers Do'.
6. "Whether you are a stay-at-home mom, or on the red carpet, or in Afghanistan, the better you feel, the better you do your job."
- Bobbi Brown.
7. "It's about getting the kids up and fed, getting one to school, getting the other down for a nap, going to the grocery store, picking one up from school, getting the other one down for another nap, cooking dinner."
- Jennifer Garner.
8. "This is my life: sitting around dying of boredom, the whining, the tantrums, the baby weight, the endlessness of it all."
- Hayley DeRoche, 'Hello Lovelies'.
9. "There ought to be a hall of fame for mamas / Creation’s most unique and precious pearl / And heaven help us always to remember / That the hand that rocks the cradle rules the world."
- Glen Campbell.
10. "I'm so happy and thankful I made it a point to be a stay-at-home mom."
- Candace Cameron.
11. "Perhaps it takes courage to raise children.."
- John Steinbeck, 'East of Eden'.
12. "Motherhood - no matter if you're a working mom or stay at home mom - is really tough sometimes. It can really leave us each day with a sense of wondering if we're doing it right."
- Lysa TerKeurst.
13. "I think it's a tough road if you're a stay-at-home mom, a working mom, if you have a partner, if you don't. It's the best job in the world, and the toughest job in the world all at the same time."
- Angela Kinsey.
14. "The time spent on family is not a sacrifice. You are living a life with choices; when you make the right ones, you have a good life."
- Laura Schlessinger.
15. "If she wasn't careful, she'd slide without a ripple into the gently flowing stream of her old life, pulled back under the current without a whimper of protest. Another housewife lost in the flow."
- Kristin Hannah, 'On Mystic Lake'.
16. "All women should be able to make the best choices for themselves and their families, and no one should be belittled, degraded, or disregarded because of what she chooses to do."
- Kirsten Gillibrand, 'Off the Sidelines'.
Funny Stay At Home Mom Quotes
Here are some funny stay at home mom quotes and sayings that'll help you blow off some steam. These being a stay at home mom quotes will bring a smile to your face on tough days.
17. "If evolution really works, how come mothers have only two hands?"
- Milton Berle.
18. "I always say if you aren't yelling at your kids, you're not spending enough time with them."
- Reese Witherspoon.
19. "There is only one pretty child in the world, and every mother has it"
- Chinese Proverb.
20. "When your mother asks, 'Do you want a piece of advice?' it is a mere formality. It doesn't matter if you answer yes or no. You're going to get it anyway."
- Erma Bombeck.
21. "I want my children to have all the things I couldn't afford. Then I want to move in with them."
- Phyllis Diller.
Quotes About Motherhood
These quotes about motherhood best describe the role a mother plays in a person's life.
22. "But kids don’t stay with you if you do it right. It’s the one job where the better you are, the more surely you won’t be needed in the long run."
- Barbara Kingsolver, 'Pigs in Heaven'.
23. "Mothers and their children are in a category all their own. There’s no bond so strong in the entire world. No love so instantaneous and forgiving."
- Gail Tsukiyama.
24. "I see myself as a mom first. I’m so lucky to have that role in life. The world can like me, hate me, or fall apart around me and at least I wake up with my kids and I’m happy."
- Angelina Jolie.
25. "To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its perfect power. Or the climbing, falling colors of a rainbow."
- Maya Angelou.
26. "There’s no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one."
- Jill Churchill.
27. "I don’t know if I feel like a bad mom, but at the end of the day I’m always plagued with, did I do enough? Should I go in a different direction? But I also know that my entire life revolves around my son."
- Sandra Bullock.
28. "My mom smiled at me. Her smile kind of hugged me"
- R.J. Palacio, 'Wonder'.
29. "Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children."
- William Makepeace Thackeray.
30. "No man is poor who has a godly mother."
- Abraham Lincoln.
31. "Mothers are like glue. Even when you can’t see them, they’re still holding the family together."
- Susan Gale.
32. "My mother is my root, my foundation. She planted the seed that I base my life on, and that is the belief that the ability to achieve starts in your mind."
- Michael Jordan.
33. "I have found being a mother has made me emotionally raw in many situations. Your heart is beating outside your body when you have a baby."
- Kate Beckinsale.
34. "I realized when you look at your mother, you are looking at the purest love you will ever know."
- Mitch Albom, 'For One More Day'.
35. "The best place to cry is on a mother’s arms."
- Jodi Picoult, 'House Rules'.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for stay at home mom quotes then why not take a look at [strong mom quotes], or work family quotes.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.