Get inspiration for education!
Subscribe for virtual tools, STEM-inspired play, creative tips and more
We all have a dark side that we don’t reveal to the world.
No matter how bright we shine, we still have our weak days, and that’s fine because weak days don’t make you weaker. It makes you strong enough to shine even brighter.
Inspiration awakens us to new possibilities by allowing us to transcend our ordinary experiences. It propels a person from apathy to opportunity and transforms how they perceive their capabilities and limitations in life. We’re all humans; we all feel sad and weak sometimes. Moreover, inspiration is something that helps us to move forward in life. Some people look up to individual artists for inspiration, and some look up to their family members for inspiration. It’s truly mesmerizing to know that one could even get inspiration from a rock because of its nature. Just like that, we’ve laid down the best sun and moon quotes that will inspire you through night and day and help you feel motivated.
Inspirational Quotes About The Sun And Moon
Without the sun and the moon, there can be no life. As long as they both are there, humanity can survive. Every day, the sun and moon rise and set to give us hope and motivation and feed our souls, nurturing the earth. Here are a some of the sun and the moon quotes that will for sure inspire you to look at life from a different angle.
1. “The Moon is a loyal companion. It never leaves. It’s always there, watching, steadfast, knowing us in our light and dark moments, changing forever just as we do. Every day it’s a different version of itself. Sometimes weak, sometimes strong and full of light. The moon understands what it means to be human. Uncertain. Alone. Cratered by imperfections.”
- Tahereh Mafi.
2. “The Moon does not fight. It attacks no one. It does not worry. It does not try to crush others...It keeps to its course, but by its very nature, it gently influences. What other body could pull an entire ocean from shore to shore? The Moon is faithful to its nature and its power is never diminished.”
- Deng Ming-Dao.
3. “We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win.”
- John F. Kennedy.
4. “When we are looking at the moon, we see the purest reflection of our own beauty and magic, which is why we love the moon so much.”
- Debasish Mridha MD.
5. “The Moon is always there. A half blink of shadow, a crescent of an eyelash, opulent in fullness, spellbound in nothingness, and a friend.”
- Carolyn Riker, ‘Blue Clouds: A Collection Of Soul’s Creative Intelligence’.
6. “Measure a man’s worth by his actions alone. For the devil also promises the Moon!”
- Avijeet Das.
7. “The moon is alive because of the darkness - how could we ever be afraid of something that gives the stars a home?”
- Laura Chouette.
8. “Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars.”
- J.R.R. Tolkien.
9. “When you look at the stars and the galaxy, you feel that you are not just from any particular piece of land, but from the solar system.”
- Kalpana Chawla.
10. “There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.”
- George Carlin.
11. “Those are the same stars, and that is the same moon, that looks down upon your brothers and sisters, and which they see as they look up to them, though they are ever so far away from us, and each other.”
- Sojourner Truth.
12. “Shoot for the Moon - even if you miss it, you will land among the stars.”
- Les Brown.
13. “I feel like the Moon is a very beautiful woman. She’s in control.”
- Ravyn Lenae.
14. “We are all like the bright Moon; we still have our darker side.”
- Khalil Gibran.
15. “The Moon is a friend for the lonesome to talk to.”
- Carl Sandburg.
16. “As we arise each morning, let us determine to respond with love and kindness to whatever might come our way.”
- Thomas S. Monson.
17. “I remind myself every morning: Nothing I say this day will teach me anything. So, if I’m going to learn, I must do it by listening.”
- Larry King.
18. “Morning drew on apace. The air became sharper and piercing, as its first dull hue: the death of night, rather than the birth of day: glimmered faintly in the sky.”
- Charles Dickens, 'More Charles Dickens Quotes'.
19. “Make each day your masterpiece.”
- John Wooden.
20. “If the Moon smiled, she would resemble you. You leave the same impression of something beautiful, but annihilating.”
- Sylvia Plath.
21. “And he beholds the moon; like a rounded fragment of ice filled with motionless light.”
- Gustave Flaubert.
22. “Don’t worry if you’re making waves just by being yourself. The Moon does it all the time.”
- Scott Stabile.
23. “Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody.”
- Mark Twain.
24. “The Moon is at her full, and riding high, Floods the calm fields with light. The airs that hover in the summer sky Are all asleep tonight.”
- William C. Bryant.
25. “Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars.”
- J.R.R. Tolkien, ‘The Lord Of The Rings’.
Inspirational Quotes About The Sun
Without the sun, moon, and gravity life will cease to exist. Both these celestial bodies offer motivation to keep on going. Here are a few sun and moon love quotes to keep you inspired time after time and help you shine even brighter every day.
26. “Don’t let the shadows of yesterday spoil the sunshine of tomorrow. Live for today.”
- Nandina Morris.
27. “Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine.”
- Anthony J. D’Angelo.
28. “If you spend your whole life waiting for the storm, you’ll never enjoy the sunshine.”
- Morris West.
29. “Sunshine is a welcome thing. It brings a lot of brightness.”
- Jimmie Davis.
30. “You have to walk through the darkness in order to find the light.”
*Do you know where this quote originates? We'd love to hear from you at [email protected]
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for sun and moon quotes, then why not take a look at moonlight quotes, or [sun quotes].
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.