Get inspiration for education!
Subscribe for virtual tools, STEM-inspired play, creative tips and more
Here you will find the collection of the best, inspiration, relaxation, and positive Sunday quotes that will help you enjoy your absolute favorite Sunday joyfully.
Sundays are everyone’s favorite over any other day of the week because they relieve stress, provide an excellent start to a new week and help us create memories for us to cherish. As a matter of fact, no one can ever have enough of a Sunday as it is the best day to refuel and revitalize. So inspirational Sunday quotes are perfect to help you bring your own sunshine!
Sundays are a perfect way to motivate you not to dread Monday morning. So, we are here to remind you how blessed a Sunday is and motivate you enough for the coming days through some of the best inspirational and cheerful Sunday quotes to uplift and refuels you.
If you like this article, make sure you read Sunday morning quotes and [Sunday quotes] along with this.
Inspirational Sunday Quotes
Sunday is the best day to start the week full of enthusiasm and fun. It helps us to refuel and also changes our mood on how to tackle the coming week. Never let Sunday be taken away from your life, for it will be bland with out Sunday. So, take a look at some of the most inspirational Sunday quotes to refuel you for the coming week.
1. “Sunday is the golden clasp that binds together the volume of the week.”
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
2. “On Sunday morning, I’m not nervous…I can’t wait to tell what God wants me to say.”
- Charles Stanley.
3. “Sometimes I have loved the peacefulness of an ordinary Sunday. It is like standing in a newly planted garden after a warm rain. You can feel the silent and invisible life.”
- Marilynne Robinson.
4. “When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.”
- Helen Keller.
5. “It's a beautiful Sunday morning and a great opportunity to thank the Lord for reminding us of how blessed we are..”
6. “Millions long for immortality who don’t know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.”
- Susan Ertz.
7. “Sundays are like confetti floating in the air in slow motion, in the evening they reach the ground and you hope a bit of wind could blow on them so they could fly a bit longer.”
- Alain Bremond-Torrent.
8. “If something is wrong, fix it now. But train yourself not to worry, worry fixes nothing.”
- Ernest Hemingway
9. “You’ve got to get up every morning with determination if you’re going to go to bed with satisfaction.”
- George Lorimer.
10. “Sunday! A family day with a touch of weekend thrown in for good measure.”
- Anthony T. Hincks.
11. “Sunday is a day to clear the mind of all that has transpired the week before.”
- Byron Pulsifer.
12. “Do not let Sunday be taken from you. If your soul has no Sunday, it becomes an orphan.”
- Albert Schweitzer.
13. “I will continue to work as hard as I can to make this organization proud. Every time I step on the field I will give everything I have and I will leave everything I have on the field every single Sunday.”
- Tim Tebow.
14. “Sunday is your best day. You know you had an amazing week. Time to recover and think how you gonna kill the next one.”
15. “Trust yourself. You’ve survived a lot, and you’ll survive whatever is coming.”
- Robert Tew.
16. “Weekends don’t count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless.”
- Bill Watterson.
17. “Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal. Nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong attitude.”
- Thomas Jefferson.
18. “It was the kind of Sunday to make one ache for Monday morning.”
- Joan Didion.
19. “You know what Sunday is, it’s a day with a lot of potential for naps.”
- Polly Horvath.
20. “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself, any direction you choose.”
- Dr. Seuss.
21. “Amateurs sit and wait for inspiration, the rest of us just get up and go to work.”
- Stephen King.
22. “Without Sunday, I wouldn’t know when to put on the brakes of a hurtling life.”
- Byron Pulsifer.
23. “I’ve been saying for a couple of years now that people need to let God out of the Sunday morning box, that He doesn’t want to just be with you for an hour or two on Sunday morning and then put back in His box to sit there until you have an emergency, but He wants to invade your Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.”
- Joyce Meyer.
24. “Sunday is the core of our civilization, dedicated to thought and reverence.”
- Ralph Waldo Emerson.
25. “I try to not work too many Sundays. At least on Sunday nights, I try to chill out a little bit. I call it Sunday Funday.”
- Miley Cyrus.
26. “Sunday is a day of reflection. A day in which we think of the week past, and of the week ahead. Have a happy Sunday.”
- Anthony T. Hincks.
27. “Just in terms of allocation of time resources, religion is not very efficient. There’s a lot more I could be doing on a Sunday morning.”
- Bill Gates.
28. “I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions.”
- Stephen Covey.
29. “You never know these days. Uninvited guests may force you to take an unplanned trip to an unknown destination; doesn’t hurt to be in your Sunday clothes.”
- Anurag Shourie.
30. “Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you’ll be able to see further.”
- Thomas Carlyle.
31. “Sunday. Take it slow and give your soul a chance to catch up with your body.”
32. “The feeling of Sunday is the same everywhere, heavy, melancholy, standing still. Like when they say, ‘As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end.”
- Jean Rhys.
33. “Between Monday and Saturday men make an audience. On Sunday, they make a congregation.”
- Mokokoma Mokhonoana.
Sunday Morning Inspirational Quotes
Sunday is the best day of the week for everyone as it gives us the time to take our mind off work and enjoy whatever we like. Sundays are an end to a whole hectic week and also a delightful start to a new week. So, let’s take a look at some of the Sunday morning inspirational quotes to guide you through a merry Sunday and prepare for the upcoming week.
34. “Do not waste a single Sunday. If you don’t waste Sundays, you will be less likely to waste Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays.”
- Matthew Kelly.
35. “Sundays tend to be a day where just I do nothing but visit people. It’s kind of like trick-or-treating.”
- Chuck Palahniuk.
36. “Just don’t give up trying to do what you really want to do. When there is love and inspiration, I don’t think you can go wrong.”
- Ella Fitzgerald.
37. “Sunday - that airless graveyard that the brutalized week finally stumbles into and collapses.”
- Chandler Brossard.
38. “Although I understand that all days are equal with 24 hours each, most of us agree that Friday is the longest day of the week and Sunday the shortest!”
- D.S. Mixell.
39. “Instead of wondering when your next vacation is, you ought to set up a life you don’t need to escape from.”
- Seth Godin.
40. “The individual who says it is not possible should move out of the way of those doing it.”
- Tricia Cunningham.
41. “I promise you nothing is as chaotic as it seems. Nothing is worth diminishing your health. Nothing is worth poisoning yourself into stress, anxiety, and fear.”
- Steve Maraboli.
42. “The secret of getting ahead is getting started. The secret of getting started is breaking your complex overwhelming tasks into small manageable tasks, and then starting on the first one.”
- Mark Twain.
43. “Let’s be honest, we all love a roast, but Sunday lunch could be a huge plate of salade nicoise; it could be eggs benedict; it could be a barbecue. The important thing is you’re making an effort, and you’re all together.”
- John Torode.
44. “People can be great competitors on Sunday and mates on Monday.”
- Casey Stoner.
45. “On Sunday mornings, as the dawn burned into day, swarms of gulls descended on the uncollected trash, hovering and dropping in the cold clear light.”
- Edward Conlon.
46. “The more I want to get something done the less I call it work.”
- Richard Bach.
47. “Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.”
- Robert Louis Stevenson.
48. “The only reason why we ask other people how their weekend was is so we can tell them about our own weekend.”
- Chuck Palahniuk.
49. “Start this Sunday with a clean heart. No doubt, no tears, no fear, no worry. Thank God for his priceless gifts and miracles throughout the world.”
50. “I usually take the first batch of some ice cream, eat it, and then about an hour later, at halftime of the Sunday night game, I go after a second serving. So I pretty much get a whole gallon of ice cream Sunday night. It’s pretty bad.”
- Eric Weddle.
51. “Your mind will answer most questions if you learn to relax and wait for the answer.”
- William Burroughs.
52. “Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don’t quit.”
- Conrad Hilton.
53. “Someone once told me that ‘time’ is a predator that stalks us all our lives. But I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment because it will never come again.”
- Jean-Luc Picard.
54. “Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine.”
55. “Without Sunday as my day of rest, my honey-do-list would beckon me.”
- Byron Pulsifer.
56. “Sunday is God’s day, and he was committed to honoring it. Just because he was in Paris to compete in the Olympics didn’t justify changing his lifelong commitment.”
- Craig Groeschel.
57. “Sunday is like this entertainment scrum for me, because I’ve only got a day, one day of fun. So I want to have brunch, and I want to see a movie, and I want to watch ‘Game of Thrones,’ and I’m trying to watch ‘The Sopranos’ from the beginning, and I want to play four hours of video games. So, it’s, like, as regimented as my work life.”
- Aisha Tyler.
58. “Build your own dreams or someone else will hire you to build theirs.”
- Farrah Gray.
59. “You cannot have the beginnings of a productive week without a Sunday spent in the calmness of the day.”
- Byron Pulsifer.
60. “I view social media as a Sunday newspaper that is pleasant to read on a lazy morning.”
- Steven Magee.
61. “Start by doing what’s necessary, then what’s possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.”
- Saint Francis.
62. “Sunday is a day just for you. Spend it the way you want it.”
- Anthony T. Hincks.
63. “I’d be quite happy if I spent from Saturday night until Monday morning alone in my apartment.”
- Audrey Hepburn.
64. “Keep walking through the storm. Your rainbow is waiting on the other side.”
- Heather Stillufsen.
65. “Pancakes are simple. They’re diner food. They’re what you make on a Sunday morning with the kids. Crepes are fancy. They’re French-bistro food. They’re what you make once a week after your Parisian vacation because you want to relive some pleasant memories.”
- J. Kenji Lopez-Alt.
66. “Sunday brings along memories of childhood when I used to wake up to go to church. Then when I would return home there would be something special for breakfast. I miss those days.”
- Quincy Latte.
67. "Cheers to Sunday. Snuggle by the fire, read a good book, have a hot cup of coffee (or two), watch an old movie, relax and enjoy the day."
Inspirational Relaxation Quotes For Sunday
Sundays are not about how early you wake up on Sunday mornings or how long you stay in bed. Sundays give your soul a chance to catch up with the events of the whole week. Everybody loves making the most of their Sundays in whatever way they like and will help you start your new week on a high note. So, let’s take a look at some of the most inspirational quotes for Sunday to kick start your upcoming week.
68. “Time flows in strange way on Sundays.”
- Haruki Murakami.
69. “The city takes a breath on Sunday. Of all that’s lost with the pursuit of what’s next, I hope we don’t lose that…”
- Hawksley Workman.
70. “On this lovely Sunday, remember to take a deep breath and relax. Enjoy your family, your friends, and indulge yourself in a nice cup of coffee.”
71. “You know what I want to do? Wake up one weekend and not have to go anywhere and do nothing.”
- Derek Jeter.
72. “You know what I like to do on a Sunday morning? Clean my house. I really enjoy it; it’s my ritual. I require tidiness, actually. I have to have everything spotless before I can relax.”
- Jonathan Rhys Meyers.
73. “Our anxiety does not come from thinking about the future, but from wanting to control it.”
- Kahlil Gibran.
74. “It is hard to remember the day it is today
For days that don’t shine
Sun-Day is hard to forget in my memory
For days that sunflowers.”
- Goitsemang Mvula.
75. “There is always something new to learn and feel each Sunday.”
76. “But nothing beats a Woody Allen film on a Sunday night, with a glass of wine and some leftovers.”
- Kate Fleetwood.
77. “It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.”
- Charles Darwin.
78. “Weekends are a bit like rainbows; they look good from a distance but disappear when you get up close to them.”
- John Shirley.
79. “Do more than is required. What is the distance between someone who achieves their goals consistently and those who spend their lives and careers merely following? The extra mile.”
- Gary Ryan Blair.
80. “There are many persons who look on Sunday as a sponge to wipe out the sins of the week.”
- Henry Ward Beecher.
81. “Sitting with her on Sunday evening — a wet Sunday evening — the very time of all others when if a friend is at hand the heart must be opened, and everything told.”
- Jane Austen.
82. “It’s not enough to attend church and pray every Sunday; you have to act.”
- Abbe Pierre.
83. “Sometimes we don’t realize the blessings we have until we no longer have them. Appreciate all the blessings in your life, take none for granted.”
- Catherine Pulsifer.
84. “Sunday is a good day to save the world in one’s pajamas.”
- Adrienne Posey.
85. “I’m learning the power of going away for the weekend and keeping myself company.”
- Zoe Saldana.
86. “The future depends on what you do today.”
- Mahatma Gandhi.
87. “Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out.”
- Robert Collier.
88. “Almost everything will work again if you unplug it for a few minutes...Including you.”
- Anne Lamott.
89. “God is not a Sunday plumber - he’s always available...”
- John Geddes.
90. “You miss 100 percent of the shots you don’t take.”
- Wayne Gretzky.
91. “Sunday is a time when you sit back and reflect on all the blessings that you have received. Smile at all the good things that you are enjoying.”
- Sera Train.
92. “Sunday…The day I planned a lot but actually do nothing.”
- Lovely Goyal.
93. “How necessary Sundays have become. I reach for them like sleeping lovers on the other side of my earth or my mattress.”
- Darnell Lamont Walker.
94. “Success means doing the best we can with what we have. Success is the doing, not the getting; in the trying, not the triumph. Success is a personal standard, reaching for the highest that is in us, becoming all that we can be.”
- Zig Ziglar.
95. “A Sunday well spent brings a week of content.”
96. “Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.”
- Earl Nightingale.
97. “A day to reflect, a day of respect
For all you have been blessed
Let your joy be expressed.”
- Catherine Pulsifer.
98. “The time to relax is when you don’t have time for it.”
- Sydney Harris.
99. “Sunday clears away the rust of the whole week.”
- Joseph Addison.
100. “Champagne makes you feel like it’s Sunday and better days are just around the corner.”
- Marlene Dietrich.
101. “Each spice has a special day to it. For turmeric, it is Sunday when light drips fat and butter-colored into the bins to be soaked up glowing when you pray to the nine planets for love and luck.”
- Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni.
*Do you know where this quote originates? We'd love to hear from you at [email protected]
Beautiful Sunday Morning Quotes
We can never get enough of Sundays. So, let’s start your Sunday with some of the most inspiring and beautiful words and Sunday quotes that will make your Sunday even more happening and joyful.
102. “The goal of Sunday is to leave my home as little as possible.”
- Mark Morris.
103. “Do the hard jobs first. The easy jobs will take care of themselves.”
- Dale Carnegie.
104. “Always take some of the play, fun, freedom and wonders of the weekend into your week and your work.”
- Rasheed Ogunlaru.
105. “Sunday on the beach, having seashells in the pocket, sand in the shoes, was the day to refuel our souls and be grateful for the blessings.”
106. “A wild and crazy weekend involves sitting on the front porch, smoking a cigar, reading a book.”
- Robert M. Gates.
107. “Make each day your masterpiece.”
- John Wooden.
108. “Surrender to what is. Let go of what was. Have faith in what will be.”
- Sonia Ricotte.
109. “O holy Sunday, let your darkness not come along my way. Let her nurture internal and external world, as I start my personal day.”
- Santosh Kalwar.
110. “Why is Sunday a day of rest because it is different than all the rest.”
- Byron Pulsifer.
111. “If you bless others you will be blessed so be blessed and be a blessing to others.”
- Jean Renee Porter.
112. “Just one small positive thought in the morning can change your whole day.”
- Dalai Lama.
113. “Sunday, for me, is all about being home with the family with no plans.”
- John Lasseter.
114. “It’s a fine line between Saturday night and Sunday morning.”
- Jimmy Buffett.
115. “Don’t judge men’s wealth or godliness by their Sunday appearance.”
- Benjamin Franklin.
116. “Your imagination is your preview of life’s coming attractions.”
- Albert Einstein.
117. “Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.”
- Robert Louis Stevenson.
118. “There aren’t enough days in the weekend.”
- Rod Schmidt.
119. “Don’t count the days, make the days count.”
- Muhammad Ali
120. “After a week of the contained chaos that is my job, I need some solitary running time. On Sundays, I can unwind and reconnect with the natural world.”
- Linda Jones.
121. “Slow down and everything you are chasing will come around and catch you.”
- John De Paola.
122. “God works all things for good to those who love Him and persevere through to victory.”
- Faith Marie Baczko.
123. “Even if you are on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.”
- Will Rogers.
124. “Be in the habit of getting up bright and early on the weekends. Why waste such precious time in bed?”
- Marilyn Vos Savant.
Famous Quotes About Sundays
Believe it or maybe not, but Sundays are the most important part of the week, giving you a sense of achievement for the last week and motivating you endlessly for the coming week. There is no better feeling than a Sunday well spent. So, make sure to spend your Sunday just as you like, go out and eat great food, spend some quality time with family and friends, maybe go out for adventure and sports, or just relax in your bed. Now, let’s take a look at some of the most famous quotes about Sunday that will help you to enjoy it at its best.
125. “Sunday is the day when I prepare for the week ahead by making improbable To Do lists and browsing Pinterest for ideas on how to decorate my imaginary mansion.”
- Nanea Hoffman.
126. “Well, there’s nothing better than putting your feet up on a Sunday afternoon and grabbing a good book.”
- Chris Klein.
127. “When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.”
- Paulo Coelho.
128. “I was smiling yesterday, I am smiling today and I will smile tomorrow. Simply because life is too short to cry for anything. Have a Great Sunday!”
- Santosh Kalwar.
129. “This is Sunday, and the question arises, what’ll I start tomorrow?”
- Kurt Vonnegut.
130. “I am always happy to meet my friend, and my friend is my weekend.”
- Debasish Mridha.
131. “Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success.”
- Dale Carnegie.
132. “When I woke up Sunday morning at the Open and stepped outside and felt the wind and rain in my face, I knew I had an excellent chance to win if I just took my time and trusted myself.”
- Tom Kite.
133. “Ah, Sunday, the day of rest… now that's something to be thankful for!”
- Aaron P. Taylor.
134. “Your calm mind is the ultimate weapon against your challenges. So relax.”
- Bryant McGill.
135. “Yesterday’s home runs don’t win today’s games.”
- Babe Ruth.
136. “Always strive to excel, but only on weekends.”
- Richard Rorty.
137. “Happiness is a hot bath on a Sunday afternoon.”
- A.D. Posey.
138. “Either you run the day or the day runs you.”
- Jim Rohn.
139. “You get to decide where your time goes. You can either spend it moving forward, or you can spend it putting out fires. You decide. And if you don’t decide, others will decide for you.”
- Tony Morgan.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for Sunday inspirational quotes, why not look at [Saturday motivational quotes] or [Monday coffee quotes].
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.