Recent searches (0)
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
What comes to your mind first as you think of a sunflower?
Is it the bright sunshine, that golden yellow shine of flower, and that sweet fragrance? If yes, then indeed you are a sunflower fan.
Sunflower is most often taken as an example of positivity and joyfulness. A sunflower will never look directly away from the sun. It is one of the most beautiful flowers in the world and is cherished by everyone. Here in this article, we have brought 60+ Sunflower quotes for you that are bright, beautiful and full of joy. You'll find quotes about what sunflowers symbolize, good short quotes, what makes a sunflower unique and positive quotes.
If you like this article, do have a look the [lotus flower quotes] and [sun quotes] for that extra shine.
A sunflower moves as does the sun across the sky. So, you also should learn to keep moving as the life goes on. Here are some of the best sunflower quotes for you to enjoy.
1. “Ah! sunflower, weary of time, Who countest the steps of the sun, Seeking after that sweet golden clime, Where the traveler’s journey is done; Where the youth pined away with desire, And the pale virgin shrouded in snow, Arise from their graves and aspire; Where my sunflower wishes to go.”
- William Blake.
2. “Flowers have an expression of countenance as much as men or animals. Some seem to smile some have a sad expression some are pensive and diffident others again are plain, honest and upright, like the broad-faced sunflower and hollyhock.”
- Henry Ward Beecher.
3. “Who knows what may lie around the next corner? There may be a window somewhere ahead. It may look out on a field of sunflowers.”
- Joe Hill.
4. “Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadow. It’s what sunflowers do.”
- Helen Keller.
5. “Light-enchanted sunflower, thou who gazest ever true and tender on the sun’s revolving splendor.”
- Pedro Calderon de la Barca.
6. “If roses tried to be sunflowers, they would lose their beauty; and if sunflowers tried to be roses, they would lose their strength.”
- Matshona Dhliwayo.
7. “Never look directly at the sun. Instead, look at the sunflower.”
- Vera Nazarian, ‘The Perpetual Calendar Of Inspiration’.
8. “And the yellow sunflower by the brook, in autumn beauty stood.”
- William Cullen Bryant.
9. “Sunflowers end up facing the sun, but they go through a lot of dirt to find their way there.”
- J.R. Rim.
10. “She is a sunflower! She brings hope to people.”
- Avijeet Das.
11. “A sunflower teaches us so much about love.”
- Samrah Ahmad.
12. “You look beautiful as a sunflower and charming as a rose.”
- Avijeet Das.
13. “If roses tried to be sunflowers, they would lose their beauty; and if sunflowers tried to be roses, they would lose their strength.”
- Matshona Dhliwayo.
Whether it be sunflower quotes by Van Gogh or sunflower quotes Helen Keller, sunflower love quotes have been a source of motivation for many. Here are the motivational sunflower quotes that you must read, including short quotes and positive quotes.
14. “True friends are like bright sunflowers that never fade away, even over distance and time.”
- Marie Williams Johnstone.
15. “We’re all golden sunflowers inside.”
- Allen Ginsberg.
16. “Every friend is to the other a sun and a sunflower also. He attracts and follows.”
- Jean Paul.
17. “The sunflower is a favorite emblem of constancy.”
- Thomas Bulfinch.
18. “The road to freedom is bordered with sunflowers.”
- Martin Firrel.
19. “A sunflower field is like a sky with a thousand suns.”
- Corina Abdulahm-Negura.
20. “We’re all golden sunflowers inside.”
- Allen Ginsberg.
21. “Wherever life plants you, bloom with grace.”
- Old French Proverb.
22. “The sunflower is a favorite emblem of constancy.”
- Thomas Bulfinch.
23. “Big doesn’t necessarily mean better. Sunflowers aren’t better than violets.”
- Edna Ferber.
24. “I faced the gaudy sunflower on her canvas bag – it looked hand-painted and at last my eyes fell into hers. I said, ‘Thanks for the card.’ Her smile put the sunflower to shame. She walked off.”
- Jerry Spinelli.
25. “Sunflowers in spring, they’re just like you / Sunflower wipe away your tears / All your doubts and fears / You were born to fly, so high.”
- Alice Peacock.
26. “Smile to the world and smile to the people you love, as a sunflower smile at the sun.”
- Remez Sasson.
27. “The morning glories and the sunflowers turn naturally toward the light, but we have to be taught, it seems.”
- Richard Rohr.
28. “Does she realize she looks like a sunflower, ready to rain sunlight on all who look down upon her?”
- Simone Elkeles.
29. “And here the sunflower of the spring burns bright in the morning’s beam.”
- Ebenezer Elliott.
30. “In the morning the sunflower blossoms due to the sun’s rays. This morning I just wanted to remind you that my heart blossoms with love for you every day I wake up and it is going to do that forever.”
- Sheila Carey.
31. “I am working with the enthusiasm of a man from Marseilles eating bouillabaisse, which shouldn’t come as a surprise to you because I am busy painting huge sunflowers.”
- Vincent Van Gogh.
32. “Fame is the scentless sunflower, with gaudy crown of gold; But friendship is the breathing rose, with sweets in every fold.”
- Oliver Wendell Holmes.
33. “The gaudy leonine sunflower
Hangs black and barren on its stalk
And down the windy garden walk
The dead leaves scatter - hour by hour.”
- Oscar Wilde.
34. “The Sunflower, thinking ’twas for him foul shame
To nap by daylight, strove t’ excuse the blame;
It was not sleep that made him nod, he said,
But too great weight and largeness of his head.”
- Abraham Cowley.
35. “I faced the gaudy sunflower on her canvas bag -- it looked hand-painted and at last my eyes fell into hers. I said, ‘Thanks for the card.’ Her smile put the sunflower to shame. She walked off.”
- Jerry Spinelli.
36. “Wherever the sun goes / The sunflower will follow / Through all of the pain / And all of the sorrow.”
37. “Sunflower on the shoreline / Shining brightly underneath the moonlight / Caught me by surprise.”
- Audio Medic.
38. “Sunflowers growing / Through a crack in the sidewalk / Have what it takes to survive / Tough times pass / The things people do / Just to stay alive.”
- Bob Crewe.
39. “Sunflowers in the tall grass, / we were born to thrive but not born to last, and / I’ve been sleeping the rainy months away.
- Andrew Capra.
40. “Hidden inside every flower are seeds of imagination, destiny, and future dreams.”
- Sondra Faye.
41. “Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine”.
- Anthony J. D’Angelo.
42. “The head of all flower heads is one flower, the sunflower in the sky that gives the other vivid color stemming from the inside.”
- Curtis Tyrone Jones.
Amidst the darkness, stand proud, tall; this is what a sunflower teaches you. It follows sunshine, wherever light of the sun goes, sunflower faces that way. These qualities make sunflowers unique. Here are some of the inspirational sunflower quotes for you to marvel at.
Here are some positive sunflower quotes related to sunshine that will make your life bright and warm.
43. “To say goodbye, is to die a little.
To say good morning, is a hope for a new sunshine in a cloudy winter.”
- Nabil Toussi.
67. “He that will enjoy the brightness of sunshine must quit the coolness of the shade.”
- Samuel Johnson.
45. “Some people are so much sunshine to the square inch.”
- Walt Whitman.
46. “I don't think there's anything on this planet that more trumpets life that the sunflower. For me that's because of the reason behind its name. Not because it looks like the sun but because it follows the sun. During the course of the day, the head tracks the journey of the sun across the sky. A satellite dish for sunshine. Wherever light is, no matter how weak, these flowers will find it. And that's such an admirable thing. And such a lesson in life.”
- Helen Mirren.
47. “A flower cannot blossom without sunshine, and man cannot live without love.”
- Max Muller.
48. “Just living is not enough... One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower.”
- Hans Christian Andersen.
49. “Never give up. Today is hard, tomorrow will be worse, but the day after tomorrow will be sunshine.”
- Jack Ma.
50. “If you spend your whole life waiting for the storm, you’ll never enjoy the sunshine.”
- Morris West.
51. “A good laugh is sunshine in the house.”
- William Makepeace Thackeray.
52. “Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine.”
- Anthony J. D’Angelo.
53. “Look at the sunny side of everything.”
- Christian D. Larsen.
54. “Live in the sunshine, swim in the sea, drink the wild air.”
- Ralph Waldo Emerson.
55. “Don’t confuse your path with your destination. Don’t confuse your path with your destination, just because it’s stormy now, doesn’t mean you aren’t headed for sunshine, just because it’s stormy now, doesn’t mean you aren’t headed for sunshine.”
- Dr. Anthony Fernando.
56. “Rise above the storm and you will find the sunshine.”
- Mario Fernandez.
57. “It’s the artist’s business to create sunshine when the sun falls.”
- Romain Rolland.
58. “Kindness is the sunshine in which virtue grows.”
- Robert Green Ingersoll.
59. “Faith is the virtue of the storm, just as the happiness is the virtue of sunshine.”
- Ruth Fulton Benedict.
60. “But once in a while, you pick the right thing, the exact best thing. Every day, the moment you open your eyes and pull off your blankets, that’s what you hope for. The sunshine on your face, warm enough to make you heart sing.”
- Sarah Ockler, ‘Bittersweet’.
61. “I used to cover my windows in heavy curtains, never drawn. Now I danced in the sunlight on my hardwood floors.”
- Kimberly Novosel, ‘Loved’.
62. “I always assumed everybody shared my love for overcast skies. It came as a shock to find out that some people prefer sunshine.”
- Glenn Gould.
63. “And so with the sunshine and the great bursts of leaves growing on the trees, just as things grow in fast movies, I had that familiar conviction that life was beginning over again with the summer.”
- F. Scott Fitzgerald.
64. “If you want to shine like a sun, first burn like a sun.”
- APJ Abdul Kalam.
65. “Some days you just have to create your own sunshine.”
- Sam Sundquist.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for sunflower quotes] then why not take a look at sunrise quotes, or sunshine quotes.
Read The Disclaimer
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.