Get inspiration for education!
Subscribe for virtual tools, STEM-inspired play, creative tips and more
Sunshine is the constant in our life, reminding us that every single day is a new beginning.
Take inspiration from these amazing sunshine quotes and gear up for a new day, a fresh start. There is nothing a few good sunshine quotes cannot fix.
Are sunshine quotes the best inspirational quotes? Sunshine quotes can inspire you. Sunshine quotes are some inspirational quotes that can help you be wise. Though these inspirational quotes may look simple, sunshine quotes can help you see life from a different perspective. Get a look at these selected sunshine quotes from famous personalities such as Henry Ward Beecher, Catherine Pulsifer, Louisa May Alcott, Robert Green Ingersoll, Romain Rolland and more, to get the much-needed boost in life.
If you liked this list of sun shine quotes, check out [sun rise quotes] and sun quotes.
Inspirational Sunshine Quotes
Sunshine quotes can be your greatest dose of inspirational quotes to get through a rough time. Take a look at these sunshine quotes. These quotes serve as inspiration for the different ways you could describe someone as sunshine.
1. “Never give up. Today is hard, tomorrow will be worse, but the day after tomorrow will be sunshine.”
2. "For every day that there is sunshine, there will be days of rain, it’s how we dance within them both that shows our love and pain.”
3. “Why should we grope among the dry bones of the past? The sun shines today also.”
-Ralph Waldo Emerson.
4. “If you want to shine like a sun, first burn like a sun.”
- A.P.J. Abdul Kalam.
5. “If you spend your whole life waiting for the storm, you'll never enjoy the sunshine.”
- Morris West.
6. “Having a dream is like having sunshine. Without it, you cannot see as clear. With it, your world shines. Have a dream, and the light will fill your eyes with hope.”
― J.R. Rim.
7. ”Inspiration comes in ordinary packages, from the glimmer of sunlight through a forest of shadows to the innocence of a child's smile.”
- Emilee Day, 'The Complete Book of Inspirational Quotations'.
8. “May you see sunshine where others see shadows and opportunities where others see obstacles.”
9. ”If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightning.”
– Khalil Gibran.
10. “He that will enjoy the brightness of sunshine, must quit the coolness of the shade.”
11. “Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadows. It's what the sunflowers do.”
- Helen Keller , 'Random Acts of Flowers'.
12. “The world goes up and the world goes down, and the sunshine follows the rain. And yesterday's sneer and yesterday's frown can never come over again.”
13. “The sunshine on your face, warm enough to make you heart sing.”
14. “Have you ever looked up to the bright natural morning light and felt bad? You cannot because this is the light which brings happiness and starts the another day in your precious life.”
– Evelyn Snares.
15. “As the sun peeks over the mountain, it’s a new day on our miraculous planet. Reason alone for celebration.”
16. "The sun himself is weak when he first rises, and gathers strength and courage as the day gets on."
-Charles Dickens , 'The Old Curiosity Shop'.
17. “We can never be afraid to stand up for what is right, no matter what others may say. And sometimes, if that means taking a lonely road, if what we are standing for is true, then perhaps moonlight or sunshine will light our way and make it less lonely.”
18. ”A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine.”
19. “The sun is a daily reminder that we too can rise again from the darkness, that we too can shine our own light.”
20. “Not in sorrow freely is never to open the bosom to the sweets of the sunshine.“
-William Gilmore Simms.
21. “It's always sunny above the clouds. Always. Every day on earth - every day I have ever had - was secretly sunny, after all.”
22. “Don’t let the shadows of yesterday spoil the sunshine of tomorrow. Live for today.”
23. “As the sun shines I will make hay / To keep failure at bay / For there remaineth a pay / For my honest toil each day.”
―Ogwo David Emenike.
24. “Sending you a day full of sunshine, a heaven filled with rainbows, and a pocket full of dreams. May the future ahead of you be as wonderful as you are.”
25. “Life is a mixture of sunshine and rain, teardrops and laughter, pleasure and pain. Just remember, there was never a cloud that the sun couldn’t shine through.”
26. “Sunshine is a welcome thing. It brings a lot of brightness.”
27. "The sunlight on the garden / Hardens and grows cold, / We cannot cage the minute / Within its nets of gold, / When all is told/We cannot beg for pardon."
28. “Rise above the storm and you will find the sunshine.”
29. “We want to feel the sunshine, and we want to smell the flowers.”
30. “I’ve found that there is always some beauty left — in nature, sunshine, freedom, in yourself; these can all help you.”
31. “When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive, to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.”
32. “Thunderstorms are as much our friends as the sunshine.”
33. “Look at the sunny side of everything.”
-Christian D Larsen.
Love Sunshine Quotes
True love comes in life just like sunshine brings a new dawn. There are several inspirational quotes that are rooted in love. These inspirational quotes can get you going in every single phase of love. Here are few sunshine quotes for love, which you can use to describe your special someone as sunshine.
34. "Love comforteth like sunshine after rain.”
35. "To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides."
36. “Her angel's face, As the great eye of heaven shined bright, And made a sunshine in the shady place.”
37. "A flower cannot blossom without sunshine, and man cannot live without love."
-Max Müller, 'Memories: A Story of German Love'.
38. “No, I don't miss you... Not in a way that one is missed / But I think of you / Sometimes / In the way that one might think of the summer sunshine / On a winter night...”
―Sreesha Divakaran, 'Those Imperfect Strokes'.
39. “She perched on her windowsill, gazing at the lurid sun soaking into the Caldera, trying to appreciate it even though she couldn’t have it. Why did she always feel she had to do something in the face of beauty?”
―Ann Brashares, 'The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants'.
40. “You are more beautiful than Cinderella! You smell like pine needles, and have a face like sunshine.”
41. "A smile is the same as sunshine; it banishes winter from the human countenance."
-Victor Hugo, 'Les Miserables'.
42. "You're like sunshine on a cloudy day, Singleton. When it's cold outside, you're the month of May."
43. “I used to cover my windows in heavy curtains, never drawn. Now I danced in the sunlight on my hardwood floors.”
―Kimberly Novosel, 'Loved'.
44. “His heart was like a sensitive plant, that opens for a moment in the sunshine, but curls up and shrinks into itself at the slightest touch of the finger, or the lightest breath of wind.”
45. “Marriages are like the weather, some rainy, some storms but mostly sunny days.”
46. “Not until I felt your sunshine / Did I realize that I had been in the shade.”
47. “When I am with you my world is so bright / I feel like nothing more is due, you bring sunshine and light.”
48. “It was June, and the world smelled of roses. The sunshine was like powdered gold over the grassy hillside.”
―Maud Hart Lovelace.
49. “Here sat Marilla Cuthbert, when she sat at all, slightly distrustful of sunshine, which seemed to her too dancing and irresponsible a thing for a world which was meant to be taken seriously…”
― L.M. Montgomery.
50. “..get used to smiling heart-warming smiles, and you will spread sunshine in a sometimes dreary world.”
―Lawrence G. Lovasik.
51. “Country songs tell you that life and love have a fickle sense of humor and drama, yet life is neutral; it provides us with sunshine and rain.”
52. “Be someone’s sunshine when their skies are grey.”
53. “The tear forgot as soon as shed, The sunshine of the breast.”
54. “A grandma is someone who's dear in every way. Her smile is like the sunshine that brightens each new day.”
55. “To say goodbye, is to die a little / To say good morning, is a hope for a new sunshine in a cloudy winter.”
56. "Friends are the sunshine of life."
57. “While she was light and sunshine, he was nothing but clouds and darkness.”
58. “For a dark street, sunshine is most welcome; for a wounded soul, love is most welcome!”
―Mehmet Murat ildan.
59. “Let there always be a bright spot in your heart for the people around you. They might need a bit of sunshine.”
60. “She scowled at him until a light appeared in her intelligent eyes, as if she had had an epiphany. "Are you an illegal alien?”
61. “I look over at you and see sunshine.”
Famous Sunshine Quotes
Sunshine quotes are some of the most inspirational quotes that have moved some famous personalities. Sometimes sunshine quotes have come to be some of the most inspirational quotes from unknown sources. Here are some famous quotes about sunshine for you.
62. “Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine.”
―Anthony J. D’Angelo.
63. “God gives us the sunshine of hope everyday. It's up to us to find and bask in it daily.”
64. “We’ll find it again, the sun.”
― Shannon Price.
65. “If you see the sunshine, feel the sunshine then you feel good. But if your focus is only on the clouds and the dark sky then you may find yourself a bit gloomy.”
66. ”Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow them.”
–Louisa May Alcott.
67. “When you do something beautiful and nobody noticed, do not be sad. For the sun every morning is a beautiful spectacle, and yet most of the audience still sleeps.”
68. “Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.”
―Ralph Waldo Emerson.
69. “A flower needs sunlight to grow and develop. Learning is like sunshine to us, helping us grow and develop.”
70. “The sun does not shine for a few trees and flowers, but the wide world’s joy.”
―Henry Ward Beecher.
71. “Kindness is the sunshine in which virtue grows.”
-Robert Green Ingersoll.
72. “Just living is not enough... one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower.”
-Hans Christian Andersen.
73. “What sunshine is to flowers, smiles are to humanity. These are but trifles, to be sure; but scattered along life’s pathway, the good they do is inconceivable.”
74. “It is the artist's business to create sunshine when the sun fails.”
75. “If your life is constantly full of sunshine where each day is transformed into beauty and each worldly gift is yours to use, then you are one of a few.”
76. “Sunshine cannot bleach the snow, Nor time unmake what poets know."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson.
77. “Laughter is magic that dispenses clouds and creates sunshine in the soul.”
―Richelle E. Goodrich.
78. “...people who start their day on the sunny side of the day...are more likely to embrace the day as something new, something to look forward to rather than mere drudgery.”
79. "Some people are so much sunshine to the square inch."
80. "Faith is the virtue of the storm, just as the happiness is the virtue of sunshine."
-Ruth Fulton Benedict.
81. "Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day."
-H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
82. “Flowers always make people better, happier, and more helpful; they are sunshine, food and medicine for the soul.”
83. “The art of art, the glory of expression and the sunshine of the light of letters is simplicity.”
84. “Danger gleams like sunshine to a brave man’s eyes.”
85. “Let the sun shine on me, for I care not for the moon."
86. "Compliment people wherever you go. Praise every single thing you see. Be a ray of sunshine to everyone you meet.”
87. “Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.”
88. "A compliment is verbal sunshine."
89. “O, Sunshine! The most precious gold the be found on earth.”
90. “A gush of bird-song, a patter of dew, a cloud, and a rainbow's warning, suddenly sunshine and perfect blue, an April day in the morning.”
—Harriet Prescott Spofford, 'April'.
91. “It shone on everyone, whether they had a contract or not. The most democratic thing I’d ever seen, that California sunshine.”
92. “Make use of the sun while it shines."
93. "Laughter is a sunbeam of the soul."
94. "A good laugh is sunshine in the house."
-William Makepeace Thackeray.
95. “The two basic items necessary to sustain life are sunshine and coconut milk.”
96. “Those who bring sunshine into the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves.”
-James M. Barrie.
97. “Music is sunshine. Like sunshine, music is a powerful force that can instantly and almost chemically change your entire mood.”
98. “So it's home again, and home again, America for me! My heart is turning home again, and I long to be In the land of youth and freedom beyond the ocean bars, Where the air is full of sunshine, and the flag is full of stars.”
—Henry Van Dyke.
99. “Friendship is precious, not only in the shade, but in the sunshine of life, and thanks to a benevolent arrangement, the greater part of life is sunshine.”
Funny Sunshine Quotes
Here are some witty sunshine quotes for fun.
100. “Some old fashioned things like fresh air and sunshine are hard to beat.”
-Laura Ingalls Wilder.
101. “Opportunities are like sunrises. If you wait too long, you miss them.”
-William Arthur Ward.
102. “Even for me life had its gleams of sunshine.”
103. “Where there is sunshine, the doctor starves.”
104. “I’m convinced that there is nothing truly good / Hell, sunshine can wilt a flower.”
105. “If you can dance like raindrops, there will always be sunshine.”
-Curtis Tyrone Jones.
106. “Anyone’s life truly lived consists of work, sunshine, exercise, soap, plenty of fresh air, and a happy contented spirit.”
107. “Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face.”
108. “The time to repair the roof is when the sun is shining.”
-John F. Kennedy.
109. “A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
110. “A meal without wine is like a day without sunshine, except that on a day without sunshine, you can still get drunk.”
111. “Some days, you just have to create your own sunshine.”
112. “I always assumed everybody shared my love for overcast skies. It came as a shock to find out that some people prefer sunshine.”
113. “Some people are making such thorough preparation for rainy days that they aren’t enjoying today’s sunshine.”
114. “A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.”
115. “If you truly get in touch with a piece of carrot, you get in touch with the soil, the rain, the sunshine.”
-Thich Nhat Hanh.
116. “I cannot endure to waste anything so precious as autumnal sunshine by staying in the house."
117. “Man, you are one butt-load of sunshine, let me tell you.”
*Do you know where this quote originated? Please email us to let us know at [email protected]
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for 120+ sunshine quotes to brighten your day, then why not take a look at [you are my sunshine quotes], or sunflower quotes.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.