Get inspiration for education!
Subscribe for virtual tools, STEM-inspired play, creative tips and more
The famous Korean martial arts technique, taekwondo, is popular with motivated individuals of all genders and ages.
The benefits of practicing martial arts do not stop in developing the physical discipline of the body. The mental stability and control that comes with it is beyond amazing.
Though taekwondo is mostly known for its kick technique, many lessons can be learned from this martial art if coached correctly. It is a martial art form that takes discipline, openness to learning, and lots of practice. Take a look at these amazing quotes which can pick you up for martial arts even on the most worn-out days.
Inspirational Taekwondo Quotes
There are difficult days for someone struggling to make their taekwando form better. These inspirational quotes can help them during the most difficult times.
1. “Everyone must choose one of two pains: The pain of discipline or the pain of regret.”
– Jim Rohn.
2. “Cowards never start. The weak never finish. Winners never quit.”
3. “Every champion was once a contender that refused to give up.”
4. “The 90% physical training is to develop that 90% mental attitude.”
5. "I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times."
- Bruce Lee.
6. “Don’t limit your challenges, challenge your limits.”
7. “The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in combat.”
8. “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
9. “There is no comfort in the growth zone and no growth in the comfort zone.”
10. "Victories that come cheap are cheap. Those only which are worth having come as the result of hard fighting."
-Henry Ward Beecher.
11. “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit.”
12. "Every time you train, train with the motivation and purpose that you will be the hardest person someone ever tries to kill."
13. "The ultimate aim of Karate lies not in victory or defeat, but in the perfection of the character of its participants."
14. “The fighter who give their all will be around next year. Don’t save anything. Give it all you got.”
– George Foreman.
15. “I train because if it happens, there will be blood. It will not be mine.”
16. “Endurance is one of the most difficult disciplines, but it is to the one who endures that the final victory comes.”
17. “Train with the energy of a warrior and soon you will have the heart of a warrior.”
– Shifu Yan Lei.
18. “Strength doesn't come from what you can do. It comes from overcoming the things you once thought you couldn't.”
– Rikki Rogers.
19. “Self-defense is not just a set of techniques; it's a state of mind, and it begins with the belief that you are worth defending.”
20. “Discipline is the bridge between goals and results.”
21. "Your spirit is the true shield."
22. “Seeing much, suffering much, and studying much are the three pillars of learning.”
23. “Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.”
– Tim Notke.
24. “A good battle plan that you act on today can be better than a perfect one tomorrow.”
-General George S. Patton.
25. “Day after day, train your heart out, refining your technique. That is the discipline of a warrior.”
26. “If you ever lack motivation to train then think what happens to your mind and body when you don't.”
– Shifu Yan Lei.
Wise Taekwondo Master's Quotes
Some of the most difficult times in martial arts training can be overcome with the wise quotes from the best trainers and legends. If you are a taekwondo master, these are the best quotes to convey to your students.
27. “Martial arts is like a mountain. You see the top. And you hike and you climb, and you finally reach the peak, and you realize it was a false summit, and in front of you lies an entire new mountain range.”
– Robert Owens.
28. “Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more you sweat, the luckier you get.”
– Ray Kroc.
29. “You train to become a warrior, not a fighter. The warrior knows the hell he can let loose, so he chooses the path of peace and respect.”
-Shi Yan You.
30. "Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to go to his class."
-Choi Hong Hi.
31. “Just as a stool requires three legs to stand upright so the taekwondoist must cultivate basic skills, meaningful forms, and effective sparring in order to have both feet firmly planted in the art.”
― Doug Cook, 'Taekwondo: A Path to Excellence'.
32. “If your temper rises, withdraw your hand. If your hand rises, withdraw your temper.”
– Chojun Miyagi.
33. “It isn’t the mountains ahead to climb that wear you out; it’s the pebble in your shoe.”
– Muhammad Ali.
34. “In martial arts, every time you graduate, move to another level, you don't forget everything you've done. You build on it, but it's always there.”
35. “Courage, above all things, is the first quality of a warrior.”
36. "Wax on, wax off."
–'The Karate Kid'.
37. “The supreme challenge of a warrior is to turn an enemy’s fearful wrath into harmless laughter.”
38. “A martial art that has no rules is nothing but violence.”
39. “To achieve anything we must grind, but to enjoy anything, we must flow.”
― Chris Matakas.
40. “Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do.”
– Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
41. “The best fighter is never angry.”
― Lao Tzu.
42. “The right of self-defense never ceases. It is among the most sacred, and alike necessary to nations and to individuals.”
43. "I don't need a weapon. I am one."
44. “Your technique means nothing if you’re not using your talents for the betterment of humanity.”
― Gene Dunn.
45. “The most difficult part of traditional taekwondo is not learning the first kick or punch. It is not struggling to remember the motions of a poomsae or becoming acquainted with Korean culture. Rather, it is taking the first step across the threshold of the dojang door. This is where roads diverge, where choices are made that will resonate throughout a lifetime.”
46. “Even a low class warrior can surpass an elite, with enough hard work.”
47. “When it comes to performance standards, It’s not what you preach, it’s what you tolerate.”
48. “Your anger is your First Enemy.”
― Mohamed Othman.
49. “The true work of the martial arts is progress, not perfection.”
― Gene Dunn.
50. "Strike with the soul, and you will never miss."
51. “Difficulties strengthen the mind, as labor does the body.”
52. “I see martial arts as moving forms of meditation. When you're sparring or drilling techniques, you can't think of anything else.”
Famous Taekwondo Quotes
Martial arts have fascinated many famous personalities in the past. Check out their motivational taekwondo quotes to push yourself and build great strength.
53. “Fear is just like fire, it can be helpful if you know how to use it. If not, you’ll get burned.”
– Mike Tyson.
54. “Go ahead. Tell me that I’m not good enough. Tell me I can’t do it, because I will show you over and over again that I can.”
55. “When two opponents of equal strength and technique fight it off, it is what is in their heart, and how they use their mind that will decide who will win.”
56. "I used to take taekwondo and made it to brown belt."
57. "We may encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated."
58. “Imagine if every child learned the respect, courtesy, and discipline that martial arts teaches. The world would be a different place.”
– Chris Wahmond.
59. “A martial artist has to take responsibility for himself and accept the consequences of his own doing.”
60. "Training in taekwondo for eight years and then being able to do it in a film was pretty amazing."
61. "When you get in taekwondo, it teaches you the life skills of respect, self control, discipline-that's why I love it."
62. “As a lifelong practitioner of martial arts, I'm trained to remain calm in the face of adversity and danger.”
63. “Heroism is endurance for one moment more.”
-George F. Kennan.
64. "Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the old masters, seek what they sought."
65. “Of those who start TaeKwonDo training, only about 5% stick with it until they achieve the Black Belt Rank. Then perhaps 80% of those who earn a Black stop there.”
-Duk Sung Son.
66. "He who would accomplish little must sacrifice little; he who would accomplish much must sacrifice much."
67. “The warrior guided by the spirit serves humanity, the warrior without, serves the ego.”
― Soke Behzad Ahmadi.
68. “There’s a part of martial arts where we need humility and respect.”
― Eddie Alvarez.
69. "Excellence is an art won by training & habituation."
70. "I do Taekwondo and sometimes I paint."
71. “My understanding of the world is all through the prism of martial arts. It's affected every aspect of my life.”
- Valentina Shevchenko.
72. “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine.”
– Bruce Lee.
73. "In everyday life, I use positive thoughts, sense of humor, Taekwondo, running, and yoga to make me stronger."
74. “You can use martial arts to tell a different story. Ang Lee used martial arts in 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon' to talk about love.”
- Jet Li.
75. "A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
76. “I'm doing what I love to do. Martial arts is my everything. It's my life, my philosophy, how I think, who I am.”
- Valentina Shevchenko.
77. "I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion'."
*Do you know where this quote originated? Please email us to let us know at [email protected]
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for 75+ taekwondo quotes to motivate your martial arts, then why not take a look at 'Karate Kid' quotes, or yogi quotes.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.