Recent searches (0)
The best harvest time quotes are great to share with family and friends! From harvest quotes in the Bible to harvest quotes and sayings by well-known personalities, it's been said time, and again that results are related to actions. Harvest quotes truly can teach us so much about life, character, and behavior, thanks to their metaphorical angles and hidden meanings. Are you looking for some popular harvest quotes and sayings? Here is a list of the best harvest quotes and sayings that offer the viewpoint of many famous people from around the world
The word 'harvest' is derived from the old English language meaning 'Autumn'.
Harvest takes place between the months of July and November.
The Harvest festival in America is called 'Thanksgiving'.
Harvest is a process of collecting and accumulating ripened crops from the fields.
Harvest reveals that every action yields a result, whether good or bad.
The completion of harvest is celebrated in many places as Harvest festivals.
Harvesting teaches us to wait and be patient for the fruit to come.
Farmers mostly do harvest, but you can also harvest if you do gardening!
1. "The farmer has patience and trusts the process. He just has the faith and deep understanding that through his daily efforts, the harvest will come. And then one day, almost out of nowhere, it does." - Robin Sharma
2. "Our deep respect for the land and its harvest is the legacy of generations of farmers who put food on our tables, preserved our landscape, and inspired us with a powerful work ethic." - James H. Douglas, Jr.
3. "I am proud to have been born in Iowa. Through the eyes of a ten-year-old boy, it was a place of adventure and daily discoveries - the wonder of the growing crops, the excitements of the harvest, the journeys to the woods for nuts and hunting, the joys of snowy winters, the comfort of the family fireside, of good food and tender care." - Herbert Hoover
4. "Our job is not the harvest; our job is the seed." - Carl Lentz
5. "According to the seed sown will be the harvest." - Ellen G. White
6. "Each of us has about 40 chances to accomplish our goals in life. I learned this first through agriculture because all farmers can expect to have about 40 growing seasons, giving them just 40 chances to improve on every harvest." - Howard Graham Buffett
7. "The day of fortune is like a harvest day; we must be busy when the corn is ripe." - Torquato Tasso
8. "The people who harvest America's food must be treated with respect and earn a living wage." - Frances Beinecke
9. "Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later." - Og Mandino
10. "I rode horseback three miles each way to get to high school, and in bad weather, it was a problem sometimes to make my eight o'clock class on time. Like others, I often missed school to help on the farm, especially in the fall, until after harvest, and in the spring, during planting season." - Ezra Taft Benson
11. "The day of fortune is like a harvest day; we must be busy when the corn is ripe." - Torquato Tasso
12. "I know how to set an irrigation tube, and I helped with the harvest. I learned the law of the harvest without even knowing I was learning it. On the farm, you learn early that you reap what you sow."
13. "I inherited that calm from my father, who was a farmer. You sow, you wait for good or bad weather, you harvest, but working is something you always need to do." - Miguel Indurain
14. "And fall, with her yeller harvest moon and the hills growin' brown and golden under a sinkin' sun." - Roy Bean
15. "The heat of autumn is different from… summer. One ripens apples; the other turns them to cider." – Jane Hirshfield
16. "November is auspicious in so many parts of the country: the rice harvest is already in, the weather starts to cool, and the festive glow which precedes Christmas has began to brighten the landscape." - F. Sionil Jose
17. "Now if the harvest is over, and the world cold, give me the bonus of laughter, as I lose hold." - John Betjeman
18. "The secret to harvesting is to live dangerously." - Friedrich Nietzsche
19. "Many attempts to harvest what was never planted." - Mason Cooley
20. "You should first follow the plow if you want to dance the harvest jig." - Ken Follett
21. "Happiness is the harvest of a quiet eye." - Austin O'Malley
22. "We can all produce good fruits with fertile soil." - Lailah Gifty Akita, 'Pearls Of Wisdom: Great Mind'
23. "Even after a bad harvest, there must be sowing." - Lucius Annaeus Seneca
24. "Your character is the harvest of your habits." - Adrian Rogers
25. "Striving for success without hard work is like trying to harvest where you haven't planted." - David Bly
26. "A brier rose whose buds yield fragrant harvest for the honey bee." - Letitia Elizabeth Landon
27. "Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant." - Robert Louis Stevenson
28. "What we plant in the soil of contemplation, we shall reap in the harvest of action." - Meister Eckhart
29. "The harvest of old age is the recollection and abundance of blessing previously secured." - Marcus Tullius Cicero
30. "Truths are first clouds, then rain, then harvest, then food." – Henry Ward Beecher
31. "Every tree… as it grows, says... you harvest what you sow." – Rumi
32. "Every new generation is a new crop that needs to be harvested for God." - Reinhard Bonnke
33. "In seed time learn, in harvest teach, in winter, enjoy." - William Blake
34. "You must give to get; you must sow the seed before you can reap the harvest." - Scott Reed
35. "How can people trust the harvest, unless they see it sown?" - Mary Renault
36. "Care less for your harvest than for how it is shared, and your life will have meaning, and your heart will have peace." - Kent Nerburn
37. "We must give more in order to get more. It is the generous giving of ourselves that produces the generous harvest." - Orison Swett Marden
38. "Reason clears and plants the wilderness of the imagination to harvest the wheat of art." - Austin O'Malley
39. "Time passed solely in the pursuit of pleasure leaves no solid enjoyment for the future; but from the hours you spend in reading and studying useful books, you will gather a golden harvest in future years." - Dorothea Dix
40. "With every deed you are sowing a seed, though the harvest you may not see." - Ella Wheeler Wilcox
41. "Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant." - Robert Louis Stevenson
42. "The law of harvest is to reap more than you sow. Sow an act, and you reap a habit. Sow a habit, and you reap a character. Sow a character, and you reap a destiny." - James Allen
43. "You plant before you harvest. You sow in tears before you reap joy." – Ralph Ransom
44. "In seed time learn, in harvest teach, in winter enjoy." - William Blake
45. "When we postpone the harvest, the fruit rots, but when we postpone our problems, they keep on growing." - Paul Coelho
46. "Happy harvesting begins with careful sowing." - Patrick Mundus
47. "Love… brings to harvest all the loveliest flowers of the soul." - Billy Graham
48. "Inside every seed is the potential for an incredible harvest." - Farrah Gray
49. "Your talent is a seed; cultivate it, and in no time, you will harvest success." - Matshona Dhliwayo
50. "Don't envy the harvest of the rich. Envy their planting." - Bo Sanchez
51. "It is like the seed put in the soil - the more one sows, the greater the harvest." - Orison Swett Marden
52. "To convince people to back your idea, you've got to sell it to yourself and know when it's the moment. Sometimes that means waiting. It's like surfing. You don't create energy; you just harvest energy already out there." - James Cameron
53. "If we say it long enough, eventually, we're going to reap a harvest. We're going to get exactly what we're saying." - Joel Osteen
54. "Then he said to his disciples, "The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field." – Matthew 9:37
55. "And sow fields and plant vineyards, and gather a fruitful harvest." – Psalm 107:37
56. "When you reap the harvest of your land, do not reap to the very edges of your field or gather the gleanings of your harvest." – Leviticus 19:9
56. "If you are too lazy to plow, then you should never expect a harvest." ― Proverb 20:4
58. "When the world decides to stop being greedy... there will be a harvest for the world! Amen." - Jess Glynne
59. "What we plant in the soil of contemplation, we shall reap in the harvest of action." - Meister Eckhart
60. "Care less for your harvest than for how it is shared and your life… your heart will have peace." - Kent Nerburn
61. "The thankful receiver bears a plentiful harvest." - William Blake
62. "… If you plant crab apples, don't count on harvesting golden delicious." - Bill Meyer
63. "Do not measure success by today's harvest. Measure success by the seeds you plant today." - Robert Louis Stevenson
64. "It is the generous giving of ourselves that produces the generous harvest." - Orison Swett Marden
65. "To plow is to pray… and the harvest answers and fulfills." - Robert Green Ingersoll
66. "Talk unbelief, and you will have unbelief, but talk faith, and you will have faith. According to the seed sown will be the harvest." - Ellen G. White
67. "Many are needed to plant and water what has been planted now that the faith has spread so far and there are so many people... No matter who plants or waters, God gives no harvest unless what is planted is the faith of Peter and unless he agrees to his teachings." - Thomas Becket
68. "The man who sows wrong thoughts and deeds and prays that God will bless him is in the position of a farmer who, having sown tares, asks God to bring forth for him a harvest of wheat." - James Allen
69. "Each January, I put God first and honor him with the first of our substance by sowing a first fruits offering of one month's pay. That is a big sacrifice, but it is a seed for the harvest, I am believing for, in the coming year. And God always provides!" - Paula White
70. "It is only the farmer who faithfully plants seeds in the spring, who reaps a harvest in the Autumn." - B. C. Forbes
71. "… old pear tree starlings announce harvest time." - Phil Noble
72. "What you plant now, you will harvest later." - Og Mandino
73. "What are you planting today to harvest tomorrow?" - Lailah Gifty Akita
74. "… it is needful that you frame the season for your own harvest." – William Shakespeare
75. "I would rather be on my farm than be emperor of the world." - George Washington
76. "Autumn is the bite of the harvest apple." – Christina Petrowsky
77. "If I found a healing tree in my backyard, and it grew some sort of fruit that was a healing balm for people to repair what was damaged, I'm not going to just harvest all of those fruits and say, 'You can't have this.' If I have a cure for people, I'm going to share it." - Tarana Burke
You Might Also Like
Read The Disclaimer
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.