Get inspiration for education!
Subscribe for virtual tools, STEM-inspired play, creative tips and more
The best harvest time quotes are great to share with family and friends!
From harvest quotes in the Bible to harvest quotes and sayings by well-known personalities, it’s been said time and again in harvest quotes that results are related to actions. Harvest quotes truly can teach us so much about life thanks to their metaphorical angles and hidden meanings.
Are you looking for some popular harvest quotes and sayings? We have got together a list of the best harvest quotes and sayings that offer the viewpoint of many famous people from around the world.
Quotes About Harvest Finishing
These harvest quotes and sayings are based on the time when harvest is over. Which of these harvest quotations is your favorite?
1. "The farmer… has the faith… through his daily efforts, the harvest will come. And then one day, almost out of nowhere, it does."
- Robin Sharma.
2. "Our job is not the harvest, our job is the seed."
- Carl Lentz.
3. "According to the seed sown will be the harvest."
- Ellen G. White.
4. "The day of fortune is like a harvest day, we must be busy when the corn is ripe."
- Torquato Tasso.
Fall Harvest Quotes And Harvest Moon Quotes
Fall is the season of harvest and joy! These lovely harvest quotes and sayings about crops and the moon are wonderful reads.
5. "And Fall, with her yeller harvest moon and the hills growin' brown and golden under a sinkin' sun."
- Roy Bean.
6. "The heat of autumn is different from… summer. One ripens apples, the other turns them to cider."
– Jane Hirshfield.
7. "… the rice harvest is already in… Christmas... began to brighten the landscape."
- F. Sionil Jose.
Funny Harvest Quotes
Harvest day brings joy in the lives of farmers and is a season for cheer with these humorous harvest quotes and sayings.
8. "Now if the harvest is over, and the world cold, give me the bonus of laughter, as I lose hold."
- John Betjeman.
9. "The secret to harvesting is to live dangerously."
- Friedrich Nietzsche.
10. "Many attempt to harvest what was never planted."
- Mason Cooley.
11. "Earth is… so kind… just tickle her... and she laughs with a harvest."
- Douglas William Jerrold.
12. "You should first follow the plow if you want to dance the harvest jig."
- Ken Follett.
Harvest Quotes And Sayings To Use As A Metaphor
Day-to-day actions in life are just like sowing seeds. These harvest quotes and sayings with different meanings related to life are lessons to learn from. They teach us that what we plant is what we harvest.
13. "Happiness is the harvest of a quiet eye."
- Austin O'Malley.
14. “We can all produce good fruits with fertile soil.”
― Lailah Gifty Akita, 'Pearls Of Wisdom: Great Mind'.
15. "Your character is the harvest of your habits."
16. "Striving for success without hard work is like trying to harvest where you haven’t planted."
- David Bly.
17. "A brier rose whose buds yield fragrant harvest for the honey bee."
-Letitia Elizabeth Landon.
18. "Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant."
- Robert Louis Stevenson.
19. "Truths are first clouds, then rain, then harvest, then food."
– Henry Ward Beecher.
20. "Every tree… as it grows, says... you harvest what you sow."
21. "Every new generation is a new crop that needs to be harvested for God."
- Reinhard Bonnke.
Sowing And Reaping Quotes About The Harvest
These harvest quotes and sayings can teach us a lot about crops as well as about life! These motivational quotes tell us all about how to harvest positivity in our lives.
22. "With every deed you are sowing a seed, though the harvest you may not see."
- Ella Wheeler Wilcox.
23. "You plant before you harvest. You sow in tears before you reap joy."
– Ralph Ransom.
24. "In seed time learn, in harvest teach, in winter enjoy."
- William Blake.
25. “When we postpone the harvest, the fruit rots, but when we postpone our problems, they keep on growing.”
- Paul Coelho.
26. "Happy harvesting begins with careful sowing."
- Patrick Mundus.
27. "Love… brings to harvest all the loveliest flowers of the soul."
- Billy Graham
28. "Inside every seed is the potential for an incredible harvest."
- Farrah Gray.
29. “Your talent is a seed; cultivate it, and in no time, you will harvest success.”
― Matshona Dhliwayo.
30. "Don't envy the harvest of the rich. Envy their planting."
- Bo Sanchez.
Spiritual Harvest Quotes
People live to harvest what they sow with their deeds. These heart-touching harvest quotes and sayings calm the mind.
31. "The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few."
– Matthew, 9:37.
32. "And sow fields and plant vineyards, and gather a fruitful harvest."
– Psalm, 107:37.
33. "Now when you reap the harvest… nor shall you gather the gleanings of your harvest."
– Leviticus, 19:9.
34. "If you are too lazy to plow, then you should never expect a harvest."
― Proverb 20:4.
35. "When the world decides to stop being greedy... there will be a harvest for the world! Amen."
- Jess Glynne.
36. "What we plant in the soil of contemplation, we shall reap in the harvest of action."
- Meister Eckhart.
37. "Care less for your harvest than for how it is shared and your life… your heart will have peace."
- Kent Nerburn.
38. "The thankful receiver bears a plentiful harvest."
- William Blake.
39. "… If you plant crab apples, don’t count on harvesting golden delicious."
- Bill Meyer.
40. "Do not measure success by today's harvest. Measure success by the seeds you plant today."
- Robert Louis Stevenson.
41. "The thankful receiver bears a plentiful harvest."
- William Blake.
42. "It is the generous giving of ourselves that produces the generous harvest."
- Orison Swett Marden.
43. "To plow is to pray… and the harvest answers and fulfills."
- Robert Green Ingersoll.
Garden Harvest Quotes
There are so many great fruit harvest quotes and even some harvest quotes from Shakespeare to discover. Which harvest quotes are your favorite?
44. "It is only the farmer who faithfully plants seeds in the Spring, who reaps a harvest in the Autumn."
- B. C. Forbes.
45. "… old pear tree starlings announce harvest time."
- Phil Noble.
46. "What you plant now, you will harvest later."
- Og Mandino.
47. "What are you planting today to harvest tomorrow?"
― Lailah Gifty Akita
48. "… it is needful that you frame the season for your own harvest."
– William Shakespeare.
49. "I would rather be on my farm than be emperor of the world."
— George Washington.
50. "Autumn is the bite of the harvest apple."
– Christina Petrowsky.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for the best 50 harvest quotes for appreciating nature's bounty, then why not take a look at these wildlife quotes or August quotes for more great quotes about the wonders of nature and our world?
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.