Get inspiration for education!
Subscribe for virtual tools, STEM-inspired play, creative tips and more
Mysteries are known to be cool and they indeed hold darkness and many fantasies in them which amuses everybody.
“Do you know my friend that each one of us is a dark mystery, a maze of conflicting passions and desire and aptitudes?", as Agatha Christie puts this mystery in front of us, we see ourselves believing it and emerging in mystery once again. Many mysteries rule our minds for decades and the thrill of it is, indeed, enduring.
Whether it is a fabulous mystery movie or a real mystery around the country roads, people often long for these mysteries to pour out the darker truth. Here are the mystery quotes to make you wonder and think about all the mysteries around you. Read on for some cool quotes, the best mystery quotes, mystery woman quotes and more.
Best Mystery Quotes
Whether it be murder mystery quotes, dark mystery quotes, or any random mystery quotes and sayings, these have captured the attention of readers from across the world. Here are some of the most famous quotes about mystery, plus Einstein quotes, mystery, that will make you think in an enigmatic way.
1. “The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existence. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery each day.”
- Albert Einstein, ‘LIFE Magazine (2 May 1955)’.
2. “The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion that stands at the cradle of true art and true science.”
- Albert Einstein, ‘The World As I See It’.
3. “Margo always loved mysteries. And in everything that came afterward, I could never stop thinking that maybe she loved mysteries so much that she became one.”
- John Green, ‘Paper Towns’.
4. “The best secrets are the most twisted.”
- Sara Shepard, ‘Twisted’.
5. “I feel as though I have lived many lives, experienced the heights and depths of each and like the waves of the ocean, never known rest. Throughout the years, I looked always for the unusual, for the wonderful, for the mysteries at the heart of life.”
- Leni Riefenstahl.
6. “A man could shoot a squirrel out of a tree from a distance of sixty feet. But he couldn't vomit into a bucket or pee into a pot only two feet away. It was one of the great mysteries of life.”
- Maggie Osborne.
7. “It is the dim haze of mystery that adds enchantment to pursuit.”
8. “Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is God's gift, that's why we call it the present.”
- Joan Rivers.
9. “It began in mystery, and it will end in mystery, but what a savage and beautiful country lies in between.”
- Diane Ackerman.
10. “Mystery creates wonder and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand.”
- Neil Armstrong.
11. “The possession of knowledge does not kill the sense of wonder and mystery. There is always more mystery.”
- Anais Nin.
12. “We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are.”
- Anais Nin.
13. “The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.”
- Frank Herbert.
14. “Without mysteries, life would be very dull indeed. What would be left to strive for if everything were known?”
- Charles De Lint.
15. “The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity.”
- Albert Einstein.
16. “Think and wonder, wonder and think.”
- Dr. Seuss.
17. “I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief.”
- Gerry Spence.
18. “Always be on the lookout for the presence of wonder.”
- E.B. White.
19. “As we acquire more knowledge, things do not become more comprehensible, but more mysterious.”
- Albert Schweitzer.
20. “I’m for mystery, not interpretive answers...The answer is never the answer. What’s really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you’ll always be seeking. I’ve never seen anybody really find the answer, but they think they have. So they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.”
- Ken Kesey.
Famous Mystery Of Life Quotes
Quotes about being mysterious are found in various aspects in modern life, in the form of mystery man quotes and mystery woman quotes. Check out some of the most famous mystery quotes about life, plus life is a mystery quotes and mystery quotes about life.
21. “Mystery is a resource, like coal or gold, and its preservation is a fine thing.”
- Tim Cahill.
22. “The ultimate mystery is one's own self.”
- Sammy Davis Jr.
23. “It's mysterious what attracts you to a person.”
- Jeff Goldblum.
24. “The mystery is the essence of divinity.”
- Zora Neale Hurston.
25. “Time is an illusion.”
- Albert Einstein.
26. “Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.”
- Marthe Troly-Curtin.
27. “A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life.”
- Charles Darwin.
28. “Liking money as I like it is nothing less than mysticism. Money is a glory.”
- Salvador Dali.
29. “A wonderful fact to reflect upon, that every human creature is constituted to be that profound secret and mystery to every other.”
- Charles Dickens, ‘A Tale Of Two Cities’.
30. “All great art is the work of the whole living creature, body and soul, and chiefly of the soul.”
- John Ruskin.
31. “Youth is happy because it has the capacity to see beauty. Anyone who keeps the ability to see beauty never grows old.”
- Franz Kafka.
32. “I would rather have 30 minutes of “wonderful” than a lifetime of nothing special.”
- Julia Roberts.
33. “You will enrich your life immeasurably if you approach it with a sense of wonder and discovery, and always challenge yourself to try new things.”
- Nate Berkus.
34. “Most of us encounter a great deal more Mystery than we are willing to experience. Sometimes knowing life requires us to suspend disbelief, to recognize that all our hard-won knowledge may only be provisional and the world may be quite different than we believe it to be. This can be very stressful, even frightening. But if we are not willing to wonder, we may have to hang up the phone on life.”
- Rachel Naomi Remen.
35. “When all the words have been written, and all the phrases have been spoken, the great mystery of life will still remain. We may map the terrains of our lives, measure the farthest reaches of the universe, but no amount of searching will ever reveal for certain whether we are all children of chance or part of a great design.”
- Kent Nerburn.
36. “Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life.”
- Rachel Carson.
37. “If people sat outside and looked at the stars each night, I bet they’d live a lot differently.”
- Bill Watterson.
38. “The eye is always caught by light, but shadows have more to say.”
- Gregory Maguire.
39. “You must have a shadow and light source both. Listen, and lay your head under the tree of awe.”
40. “God asks no man whether he will accept life. That is not the choice. You must accept it. The only choice is how.”
- Henry Ward Beecher.
Amazing Mysterious Quotes
Life is a mystery quotes, as well as mystery of God quotes, have captured the human imagination for a while now. The same is the case with funny mystery quotes as well as mystery love quotes. Here are some of the most amazing and classic short mystery quotes to help you take a deep dive into the ocean of philosophy and art.
41. “Often the hands will solve a mystery that the intellect has struggled with in vain.”
- Carl Jung.
42. “No pessimist ever discovered the secret of the stars, or sailed to an unchartered land, or opened a new doorway for the human spirit.”
- Helen Keller.
43. “We meet no ordinary people in our lives.”
- C.S. Lewis.
44. “The last of human freedoms—the ability to choose one’s attitude in a given set of circumstances.”
- Viktor E. Frankl.
45. “The soul is stronger than its surroundings.”
- William James.
46. “We have to stop and be humble enough to understand that there is something called a mystery.”
- Paulo Coelho.
47. “Wonder is the beginning of wisdom.”
48. “Knowledge by itself is dry. But knowledge is watered by contemplation, even by simple reflection, and becomes a living seed that eventually flowers and bears surprisingly rich fruit.”
- Wald Amberstone.
49. “Clear thinking requires courage rather than intelligence.”
- Thomas Szasz.
50. “Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?”
- Winnie The Pooh.
51. “Few minds wear out; more rust out.”
- Christian N. Bovee.
52. “Strangers are exciting, their mystery never ends. But, there's nothing like looking at your own history in the faces of your friends.”
- Ani DiFranco.
53. “I am still trying to unveil my mystery.”
- Tasneem Hameed.
54. “Love is an endless mystery because there is no reasonable cause that could explain it.”
- Rabindranath Tagore.
55. “If internal peace and lightness follow as the natural result of our practices, then our spiritual training is effective.”
56. “Meditation is a mirror of our consciousness.”
57. “Growing children are like plants – they need love and sunshine, and also the freedom needed to grow.”
Fantastic Mystery Quotes
Writing mystery quotes is a true test of person's abilities. Many mysteries reside in our minds and we often count on finding the answers for them when thinking deeply. Check out some of the most fantastic mystery quotes to make you emerge in dark mysteries.
58. “There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in our philosophy.”
- William Shakespeare.
59. “The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death.”
- Oscar Wilde.
60. “The more unintelligent a man is, the less mysterious existence seems to him.”
- Arthur Schopenhauer.
61. “To be, or not to be, that is the question.”
62. “Life is as tedious as a twice-told tale, Vexing the dull ear of a drowsy man.”
- King John.
63. “This day I breathed first: time has come round, And where I did begin there shall I end; My life is run his compass.”
- Julius Caesar.
64. “Your heart’s desire is to be told some mystery. The mystery is that there is no mystery.”
- Cormac McCarthy.
65. “We are all pencils in the hand of God.”
- Mother Teresa Of Calcutta.
66. “Holy men tell us life is a mystery. They embrace that concept happily. But some mysteries bite and bark and come to get you in the dark.”
- Dean Koontz.
67. “The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes.”
- Arthur Conan Doyle, ‘The Hound Of The Baskervilles’.
68. “We need the tonic of wildness...At the same time that we are earnest to explore and learn all things, we require that all things be mysterious and unexplorable, that land and sea be indefinitely wild, unsurveyed, and unfathomed by us because unfathomable. We can never have enough of nature.”
- Henry David Thoreau, ‘Walden: Or, Life In The Woods’.
69. “No. No, I don't believe you'd betray me with her. I don't believe you'd cheat on me. But I'm afraid, and I'm sick in my heart that you might look at her, then at me. And regret.”
- J.D. Robb, ‘Innocent In Death’
70. “Each day has its own destiny. Yesterday is history, today is opportunity while tomorrow is a mystery.”
- T. B. Joshua
71. “A gentleman leaves no puzzle unsolved.”
- Professor Layton And The Curious Village.
72. “Personal answers to ultimate questions. That is what we seek.”
- Alexander Eliot.
73. “One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.”
- James Earl Jones.
Beautiful Mystery Quotes
Authors like Albert Einstein and Oscar Wilde have penned some impressive mystery quotes. Check out some of these true mystery quotes that might make you question the science behind existence and explore the true answers.
74. “Fred and Linda are building a moat and a fully functioning portcullis and no one even knows why.”
- Elizabeth Olsen - Wanda Maximoff.
75. “As the past is my history and the future is a mystery, so the present is my time.”
- Efiosiugbore Adebayo.
76. “Life is indeed full of mysteries because it, by itself, remains so far a huge mystery, as well as death still does.”
- Jean-Paul Malfatti.
77. “Life is a mystery that unfolds its story to each of us in a different way at the right time.”
- Hermann J Steinherr.
78. “The crime novel is the great moral literature of our time.”
- Jean-Patrick Manchette.
79. “Detective stories have nothing to do with works of art.”
- W.H. Auden.
80. “The Mysteries are gateways, thresholds between this world and the Otherworld, the meeting place of gods and people.”
- Caitlin & John Matthews.
81. “There is always a pleasure in unraveling a mystery, in catching at the gossamer clue which will guide to certainty.”
- Elizabeth Gaskell.
82. “We cannot describe it. We cannot reveal it. And when we do, we disappear.”
- Baba Hari Dass.
83. “Russia is a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma.”
- Winston Churchill.
84. “Every solution to every problem is simple. It is the distance between the two where the mystery lies.”
- Derek Landly.
85. “The mystery is the basic element of all works of art.”
- Luis Bunuel.
86. “The mystery is not the absence of meaning, but the presence of more meaning than we can comprehend.”
- Dennis Covington.
87. “Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are a part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”
- Max Planck.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for mystery quotes, then why not take a look at luck quotes, or [mirror quotes].