Recent searches (0)
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Plants are one of many wonderful elements of nature,
Plants provide us with the oxygen that we breathe so they really are vitally important. Not only that, but they are often beautiful to look at too!
Different plants are of different shapes and sizes. They are all pretty amazing organisms though, making their own food with the help of light from the sun. Plants can be herbs, shrubs, trees, climbers, or creepers, and the study of plants is known as botany. Botany aims to understand the nature of how plants produce food and how to nurture your plants to increase yields.
If you are a keen gardener and love growing plants in the dirt outside you might love these inspirational quotes all about plants. From the perfect plant growth quote to inspirational quotes about harvesting what you plant, this list of plant quotes has something for everyone! You can also look out read these wildflower quotes and sunflower quotes for more great plant quotes.
Here are some nature quotes, some growing plant quotes, and some "what you plant is what you harvest" quotes. Which of these inspiring quotes about plants and flowers is your favorite quote?
1. “By plucking her petals, you do not gather the beauty of the flower.”
- Rabindranath Tagore.
2. “Flower will not grow, if the stem doesn't allow.”
3. “Your intuitive powers increase when you are with plants because your mind is silenced and you become more aware in the present moment.”
- Sanchita Pandey.
4. “What’s growing around you is what you planted. Therefore, if you don’t like the plants, change the seeds.”
- Craig D. Lounsbrough.
5. “Dandelions are the genies of the plant world.”
- Devon Voyles.
6. “The mighty drought could not decimate our roots hidden under the soil from years of suffering
We were plants; we learnt to survive!”
- Avijeet Das.
7. “Plants and flowers taught me how to grow, by growing in secret and in silence.”
- Michael Bassey Johnson.
8. “Plants do not speak, but their silence is alive with change.”
- May Sarton.
9. “Plants are solar powered air purifiers whose filter never needs replacing.”
- Khang Kijarro Nguyen.
10. “There is a reason why I have a lot of plants growing inside of my home.”
- Steven Magee.
11. “No other life is as pure as the plants. It is no wonder we cannot understand them.”
- Robert Black.
12. “It's exciting to see things coming up again, plants that you've had twenty or thirty years. It's like seeing an old friend.”
- Tasha Tudor.
13. “Even in this high-tech age, the low-tech plant continues to be the key to nutrition and health.”
- Jack Weatherford.
14. “In some Native languages the term for plants translates to 'those who take care of us.'”
- Robin Wall Kimmerer.
15. “The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness.”
- John Muir.
16. “Working with plants will teach you all other social commitments in a soothing way...”
- Karthikeyan V.
17. “Flowers always make people better, happier, and more helpful; they are sunshine, food and medicine for the soul.”
- Luther Burbank.
18. “Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.”
19. “Love is like a tree, it grows of its own accord, it puts down deep roots into our whole being.”
- Victor Hugo.
20. "To nurture a garden is to feed not just the body, but the soul."
- Alfred Austin
Here are some plant-based quotes and gardening quotes that are a joy to read.
21. “She said she wanted to see beautiful things. I took her to where I planted my seeds.”
- Darnell Lamont Walker.
22. “Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree.”
- Martin Luther.
23. “Unemployment is capitalism's way of getting you to plant a garden.”
- Orson Scott Card.
24. “In my garden there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The thoughts grow as freely as the flowers, and the dreams are as beautiful.”
- Abram L. Urban.
25. “It will never rain roses: when we want to have more roses we must plant more trees.”
- George Eliot.
26. “All life on earth emanates from the green of the plant.”
- Jay Kordich.
27. “Before the reward there must be labor. You plant before you harvest. You sow in tears before you reap joy.”
- Ralph Ransom
28. “Everyone ought to plant a tree in their lifetime.”
- Lailah Gifty Akita.
29. “The begonia is an amazing plant... it just keeps going along and blooming, and when cut back, it starts up again.”
- Gladys Taber.
30. “I'm really quite simple. I plant flowers and watch them grow... I stay at home and watch the river flow.”
- George Harrison.
31. “If a tree dies, plant another in its place.”
- Carolus Linnaeus.
32.“We know we cannot plant seeds with closed fists. To sow, we must open our hands.”
- Adolfo Perez Esquivel.
33.“The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.”
- Chinese proverb.
34. “One touch of nature makes the whole world kin.”
- William Shakespeare.
Here are some selective succulent plant quotes, plant a tree quotes, and plant a seed quotes to make your feed green.
35. “A nation that destroys its soils destroys itself. Forests are the lungs of our land, purifying the air and giving fresh strength to our people.”
- Franklin D. Roosevelt.
36. “Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.”
- Warren Buffett.
37. “Whatever seeds each man cultivates will grow to maturity and bear in him their own fruit. If they be vegetative, he will be like a plant.”
- Giovanni Pico della Mirandola.
38. “Gardens and chocolate both have mystical qualities.”
- Edward Flaherty.
39. “I hope that while so many people are out smelling the flowers, someone is taking the time to plant some.”
- Herbert Rappaport.
40. “If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.”
- Marcus Tullius Cicero.
41. “Trees and plants always look like the people they live with, somehow.”
42. “If I had a flower for every time I thought of you… I could walk through my garden forever.”
- Alfred Lord Tennyson.
43. “Yup, gardening and laughing are two of the best things in life you can do to promote good health and a sense of well being.”
- David Hobson.
44. “If you’ve never experienced the joy of accomplishing more than you can imagine, plant a garden.”
- Robert Brault.
45. “Behold, my friends, the spring is come; the earth has gladly received the embraces of the sun, and we shall soon see the results of their love!”
- Sitting Bull.
46. “If you look the right way, you can see that the whole world is a garden.”
- Frances Hodgson Burnett.
47. “If there's one thing I can say about my garden, it can always surprise me.”
- David Hobson.
48. “If you build up the soil with organic material, the plants will do just fine.”
- John Harrison.
49. “I grow plants for many reasons: to please my eye or to please my soul, to challenge the elements or to challenge my patience, for novelty or for nostalgia, but mostly for the joy in seeing them grow.”
- David Hobson.
Here are a few short plant quotes about how weeds destroys others.
50. “To say nothing of weeds—many of them being plants we used to value but no longer do. They don’t like to die out, you know.”
- Terry Pratchett.
51. “A weed is a plant that has mastered every survival skill except for learning how to grow in rows.”
- Doug Larson.
52. “A flower falls, even though we love it; and a weed grows, even though we do not love it.”
53. “Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them.”
- A.A. Milne.
54. “So plant your own gardens and decorate your own soul, instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers.”
- Jorge Luis Borges.
55. “If you plant junk, don't expect to harvest jewels.”
- Luke Taylor.
56. “If roses were not special weeds would not envy them.”
- Matshona Dhliwayo.
58. “If the weeds are removed and there is nothing planted, it is the weeds that will keep growing.”
- Sunday Adelaja.
59. “When weeds go to heaven, I suppose they will be flowers.”
- L.M. Montgomery.
60. “If it came from a plant, eat it; if it was made in a plant, don't.”
- Michael Pollan.
We have got some curated plant quotes on gardening and few garden quotes for you here. If you love your garden you will love these great garden quotes!
61. “Good gardening is very simple, really. You just have to learn to think like a plant.”
- Barbara Damrosch.
62. “The love of gardening is a seed once sown that never dies, but never grows to the enduring happiness that the love of gardening gives.”
- Gertrude Jekyll
63. "The glory of gardening: hands in the dirt, head in the sun, heart with nature."
- Alfred Austin
64. “There are no gardening mistakes, only experiments.”
- Janet Kilburn Phillips.
65. “Everything that slows us down and forces patience, everything that sets us back into the slow circles of nature, is a help. Gardening is an instrument of grace.”
- May Sarton.
66. “How deeply seated in the human heart is the liking for gardens and gardening.”
- Alexander Smith.
67.“What a man needs in gardening is a cast-iron back, with a hinge in it. ”
- Charles Dudley Warner.
68. “I think this is what hooks one to gardening: it is the closest one can come to being present at creation.”
- Phyllis Theroux.
69. “All gardening is landscape painting.”
- William Kent.
70. “Gardening requires lots of water — most of it in the form of perspiration.”
- Lou Erickson.
71. "'There's nothing quite like the pleasure you get from plants and flower,' he said to himself. 'They certainly do cheer you up.'"
― Charmian Hussey, 'The Valley Of Secrets'.
72. “Gardening is about enjoying the smell of things growing in the soil, getting dirty without feeling guilty, and generally taking the time to soak up a little peace and serenity.”
- Lindley Karstens.
73. “Many things grow in the garden that were never sown there.”
- Thomas Fuller.
74. “Gardening is how I relax. It’s another form of creating and playing with colors.”
- Oscar de la Renta.
75. “There is no gardening without humility. Nature is constantly sending even its oldest scholars to the bottom of the class for some egregious blunder.”
- Alfred Austin.
Here is a list of harvest and plant growth quotes that will feed your soul.
76. “Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later.”
- Og Mandino.
77. “Love and work are to people what water and sunshine are to plants.”
- Jonathan Haidt.
78. “What we plant in the soil of contemplation, we shall reap in the harvest of action.”
- Meister Eckhart.
79. “Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.”
- Robert Louis Stevenson.
80. “It is only the farmer who faithfully plants seeds in the Spring, who reaps a harvest in the Autumn.”
- B. C. Forbes.
81. “A brier rose whose buds yield fragrant harvest for the honey bee.”
- Letitia Elizabeth Landon.
82. “It is like the seed put in the soil - the more one sows, the greater the harvest.”
- Orison Swett Marden.
83. “Even after a bad harvest there must be sowing.”
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca.
84. “I collect old rusty hand tools and sharpen and polish them, then use them to build things out of walnut and cherry that I harvest from fallen trees in the woods.”
- John Grogan.
85. “And Fall, with her yeller harvest moon and the hills growin' brown and golden under a sinkin' sun.”
- Roy Bean
We have collected some funny and cute plant quotes for kids here.
86. “There can be no other occupation like gardening in which, if you were to creep up behind someone at their work, you would find them smiling.”
- Mirabel Osler.
87. “I perhaps owe having become a painter to flowers.”
- Claude Monet.
88. “Don't wear perfume in the garden - unless you want to be pollinated by bees.”
- Anne Raver.
89. “Old gardeners never die, they just go to seed.”
90. “A weed is a plant that is not only in the wrong place but intends to stay.”
- Sara Stein.
91. “I have no plants in my house. They won’t live for me.”
- Jerry Seinfeld.
92. “A man should never plant a garden larger than his wife can take care of.”
- T.H. Everett.
93. “Growth takes time. Be patient. And while you’re waiting, pull a weed.”
- Emilie Barnes.
94. “There’s one good thing about snow, it makes your lawn look as nice as your neighbor’s.”
- Clyde Moore.
95. “I always thought a yard was three feet, then I started mowing the lawn.”
- C.E. Cowman.
96. “One sure way to lose another woman’s friendship is to try to improve her flower arrangements.”
- Marcelene Cox.
97. “Children in a family are like flowers in a bouquet: there's always one determined to face in an opposite direction from the way the arranger desires”.
- Marcelene Cox.
98. “I don't know whether nice people tend to grow roses or growing roses makes people nice.”
-Roland A Browne.
99. “Even if you think the Big Bang created the stars, don't you wonder who sent the flowers?”
- Robert Brault.
100. “Earth laughs in flowers.”
- Ralph Waldo Emerson.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for plant quotes about flowers, plants, gardening and more, then why not take a look at these conservation quotes or climate change quotes for more inspirational quotes?
*Do you know where this quote originated? Please email us to let us know at [email protected]
Read The Disclaimer
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.
Remember that you can always manage your preferences or unsubscribe through the link at the foot of each newsletter.