Get inspiration for education!
Subscribe for virtual tools, STEM-inspired play, creative tips and more
Love is one of the most beautiful feelings in the world, and everyone craves love.
Every soul on this planet truly deserves love. And if they find someone to love, many feel that their life is truly complete.
When two people fall in love, there are often many reasons as to why each person loves the other. This often leads to the question, "Why do you love me?" The possible answers to this question are endless and will be different for every couple. Some people love how caring their partner is, or how much joy they bring into their life. Others might particularly love their partner's sense of humor, or they love the way they make them feel safe when they are together. From "you know me better than I could ever know myself", "you make me laugh" and "you make me feel special" to "you always make time for me", "you hold my hand every day" and "you make me feel better and make me happy when I am sad", the reasons why you love someone or why someone loves you will be strong and will make you feel so special!
So, if you are trying to write down why you love someone, take some inspiration from the quotes below and think about every single positive thing that the person brings to your life. The write all of these little things down, it's as easy as that!
Below, we have collected some beautiful love quotes, including special "I like you" quotes and "I love you" sayings for you to send to those you love and show them that you care about them. So, why not show that special person just how much you care, and tell them "I love you so much!" with these quotes?
If you like reading these quotes, you can also check out these [you are my forever quotes] and you are my world quotes that will make you smile.
Famous Love Quotes
Here, we have collected some famous quotes about love to share with that special person. You should never let embarrassment get in the way of a special connection, so embrace these quotes and share them with the person you love. These "I love you because" quotes will make anyone feel loved and special every time they hear them.
1. "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams."
- Dr. Seuss.
2. "Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get–only with what you are expecting to give–which is everything."
3. "I knew I loved you before I met you."
- Savage Garden, 'I Knew I Loved You'.
4. "If I know what love is, it is because of you."
- Hermann Hesse.
5. "Come live in my heart and pay no rent."
- Samuel Lover.
6. "At the touch of love, everyone becomes a poet."
7. "Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within."
- James Baldwin.
8. "We are most alive when we're in love."
- John Updike.
9. "Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind, And therefore is winged Cupid painted blind."
- William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'.
10. "If you remember me, then I don’t care if everyone else forgets."
- Haruki Murakami, 'Kafka On The Shore'.
11. "Immature love says: 'I love you because I need you.' Mature love says 'I need you because I love you.'"
- Erich Fromm.
12. "I love you not because of who you are, but because of who I am when I am with you."
- Roy Croft.
13. "The best thing to hold onto in life is each other."
- Audrey Hepburn.
Deep Quotes About Loving Someone
Are you looking for more ways to say "these are the reasons why I love you"? Deep quotes can sometimes be the right words for your best friend and partner. Sharing these quotes with the person you love might make all of their dreams come true! So why not tell them "you are so special to me", with these beautiful quotes to enjoy together?
14. "Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
- William Shakespeare, 'All's Well That Ends Well'.
15. "Nobody has ever measured, even poets, how much a heart can hold."
16. "All you need is love. Love is all you need."
- The Beatles, 'All You Need Is Love'.
17. "I love you and that’s the beginning and end of everything."
- F. Scott Fitzgerald.
18. "To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides."
- David Viscott.
19. "Love will find a way through paths where wolves fear to prey."
- Lord Byron.
20. "Love cures people—both the ones who give it and the ones who receive it."
- Karl Menninger.
21. "Love is something sent from heaven to worry the hell out of you."
- Dolly Parton.
22. "The best way to mend a broken heart is time and girlfriends."
- Gwyneth Paltrow.
23. "When someone loves you, the way they talk about you is different. You feel safe and comfortable."
- Jess C. Scott.
24. "My soul and your soul are forever tangled."
- N. R. Hart.
25. "We are shaped and fashioned by what we love."
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
26. "Who, being loved, is poor?"
- Oscar Wilde.
27. "I still haven't figured out how to sit across from you, and not be madly in love with everything you do."
- William C. Hannan.
"I Love You So Much" Quotes
No-one else loves you like your partner does, so you should do whatever it takes to show them that you feel the same way. The quotes below will help you to say "this is why I love you" and will show them that you care.
28. "As he read, I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once."
- John Green, 'The Fault In Our Stars'.
29. "Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction."
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.
30. "The regret of my life is that I have not said 'I love you' often enough."
- Yoko Ono.
31. "It’s always better when we’re together."
- Jack Johnson.
32. "All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt."
- Charles Schulz.
33. "Love in its essence is spiritual fire."
34. "A book without words is like love without a kiss; it’s empty."
- Andrew Wolfe.
35. "A loving heart is the truest wisdom."
- Charles Dickens.
The Best Reasons Why I Love You Quotes
Here, we have collected some of the best "reasons why I love you" quotes that are as truthful and vulnerable as they can get. Share these quotes with the person who is your whole world!
36. "There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing, throbbing moment."
- Sarah Dessen, 'The Truth About Forever'.
37. "I love her and it is the beginning of everything."
- F. Scott Fitzgerald.
38. "Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength while loving someone deeply gives you courage."
- Lao Tzu.
39. "If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you."
- A. A. Milne.
40. "Love is just a word, but you bring it definition."
41. "Love alone can rekindle life."
- Henri Frederic Amiel.
Reasons Why I Love You Quotes For Him And Her
This section has some great "reasons why I love you" quotes for her and him. If you want to know the reasons why someone loves you, why not read this quote list together? The quotes below are sure to make you feel beautiful and will always make you smile.
42. "It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages."
- Friedrich Nietzsche.
43. "Don’t forget I’m just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her."
- Anna Scott, 'Notting Hill'.
44. "To get the full value of joy, you must have someone to divide it with."
- Mark Twain.
45. "Love is sharing your popcorn."
- Charles Schultz.
46. "Love makes your soul crawl out from its hiding place."
- Zora Neale Hurston.
47. "I love you right up to the moon—and back."
- Sam McBratney.
48. "If I had to choose between breathing and loving you I would use my last breath to tell you I love you."
- Deanna Anderson.
49. "Don't brood. Get on with living and loving. You don't have forever."
- Leo Buscaglia.
50. "I love you—I am at rest with you—I have come home."
- Dorothy L. Sayers.
51. "I love you more than I have ever found a way to say to you."
- Ben Folds, 'The Luckiest'.
52. "If you can make a woman laugh, you can make her do anything."
- Marilyn Monroe.
53. "Love is telling someone their hair extensions are showing."
- Natasha Leggero.
54. "Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired."
- Robert Frost.
55. "One is loved because one is loved. No reason is needed for loving."
- Paulo Coelho, 'The Alchemist'.
56. "If I had a flower for every time I thought of you, I could walk through my garden forever."
- Alfred Tennyson.
57. "I am my beloved’s and my beloved is mine."
- Song of Solomon 6:3.
58. "Love doesn't make the world go round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile."
- Franklin P. Jones.
59. "When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive – to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love."
- Marcus Aurelius.
60. "It was always you."
- Maroon 5, 'It Was Always You'.
61. "To be brave is to love unconditionally without expecting anything in return."
62. "In order to be happy oneself it is necessary to make at least one other person happy."
- Theodor Reik.
"I Love You Because" Quotes
Here you will find some beautiful "I love you for so many reasons" quotes.
63. "'You love me. Real or not real?' I tell him, 'Real.'"
- Suzanne Collins, 'Mockingjay'.
64. "Love is being stupid together."
- Paul Valéry.
65. "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves."
- Victor Hugo.
66. "You are my sun, my moon, and all my stars."
- E. E. Cummings.
67. "Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own."
- Robert A. Heinlein.
68. "Valentine, just a few words to tell you how I love you. I have loved you since the first day I saw you. Whenever that was."
- Charles M. Schulz.
69. "All of me loves all of you."
- John Legend, 'All Of Me'.
70. "They invented hugs to let people know you love them without saying anything."
- Bil Keane.
71. "The only thing we never get enough of is love, and the only thing we never give enough of is love."
- Henry Miller.
72. "Hearts will never be practical until they are made unbreakable."
- Tin Man, 'The Wizard Of Oz'.
73. "There's no substitute for a great love who says, 'No matter what's wrong with you, you're welcome at this table.'"
- Tom Hanks.
74. "There is no remedy for love but to love more."
- Henry David Thoreau.
75. "But you've slipped under my skin, invaded my blood, and seized my heart."
- Maria V. Snyder, 'Poison Study'.
76. "You don't love someone because they're perfect, you love them in spite of the fact that they're not."
- Jodi Picoult, 'My Sister's Keeper'.
77. "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness."
- Friedrich Nietzsche.
78. "We were together. I forget the rest."
- Walt Whitman.
79. "The art of love is largely the art of persistence."
- Albert Ellis.
80. "It’s better to be unhappy alone than unhappy with someone."
- Marilyn Monroe.
81. "So, I love you because the entire universe conspired to help me find you."
- Pablo Coelho.
The Best Love Quotes
This section includes the best quotes, including the best "things I love about you" quotes and "reasons why I love you more" quotes.
82. "We accept the love we think we deserve."
- Stephen Chbosky, 'The Perks Of Being A Wallflower'.
83. "Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same."
- Emily Brontë.
84. "Where there is love, there is life."
- Mahatma Gandhi.
85. "I saw that you were perfect, and so I loved you. Then I saw that you were not perfect and I loved you even more."
- Angelita Lim.
86. "Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."
- William Goldman.
87. "In all the world, there is no heart for me like yours. In all the world, there is no love for you like mine."
- Maya Angelou.
88. "Only time can heal your broken heart, just as only time can heal his broken arms and legs."
- Miss Piggy.
89. "One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: That word is love."
90. "You had me at hello."
- Jerry Maguire.
91. "Your love is better than ice cream."
- Sarah McLachlan.
92. "Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies."
93. "Friends show their love in times of trouble, not in happiness."
94. "Love is like war: easy to begin but very hard to stop."
- H. L. Mencken.
95. "The greatest thing you’ll ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return."
- Moulin Rouge.
96. "You have bewitched me body and soul, and I love, I love, I love you."
- Jane Austen, 'Pride & Prejudice'.
97. "Give up everything to become everything."
- Bernardo Moya.
98. "And remember, as it was written, to love another person is to see the face of God."
- Victor Hugo, 'Les Miserables'.
99. "Never love anyone who treats you like you're ordinary."
- Oscar Wilde.
100. "A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person."
- Mignon McLaughlin.
101. "You make me want to be a better man."
- Melvin Udall.
102. "There are a million reasons why I love you. A million reasons that all begin with the amazing man you are and end with the type of woman you make me want to be."
- Natalie Ward.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for the top 100 reasons why I love you quotes, why not check out these pure love quotes or soulmate quotes too?
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.