Get inspiration for education!
Subscribe for virtual tools, STEM-inspired play, creative tips and more
A triathlon is a sporting event that involves swimming, cycling, and running in one go one after the other.
The World Triathlon Corporation organizes a triathlon that is known as the ironman triathlon. The length of races in such a triathlon is 2.4-mile for swimming, 112-mile for bike riding, and a 26.2-mile for the run.
It takes one entire day to complete an ironman triathlon. Keep these ironman inspirational quotes and ironman motivation quotes in mind to acknowledge your hard work. A regular triathlon can be done faster and with a little less training and is also a great achievement. Triathlon sayings will pump you up to double your hard work and efforts of training.
If you are participating in a triathlon, you need tons of inspiration to prepare and keep up the spirit all time. For that, we have encompassed a list of triathlon quotes and words of encouragement for triathlon that will cheer and excite your spirit. You may also want to read [swimming quotes] and [biking quotes] for some more sporting motivation.
Triathlon Motivational Quotes
Training as well as preparing and practicing for any sport requires immense stimulation. Below, you will get a list of triathlon inspirational quotes to keep you inspired and provide you with a driving force. Triathlon motivation quotes and encouraging words for ironman will spur your proactiveness.
1. “You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week, or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime.”
- Mark Allen.
2. "Not everybody is going to run a marathon or do a triathlon. It's not necessary to do that to be in good health."
- Michelle Obama.
3. "Continually produce positive self-talk to get through the suffering of triathlon training and races."
4. "Quitters don’t tri. Triathletes don’t quit."
- Race Omaha, Anonymous*.
5. "That triathlon isn’t going to train for itself."
- A triathlon slogan, thelongroadtoironman sports blog.
6. “Triathletes doesn’t need to train perfectly, triathletes need to train continually.”
- Race Omaha, Anonymous*.
7. "When the going gets tough, the tough tri harder."
- Triathlon inspiration quote, Race Omaha, Anonymous*.
8. "You don't play triathlon. You play soccer; it's fun. You play baseball. Triathlon is work that can leave you crumpled in a heap, puking by the roadside. It's the physical brutality of climbing Mount Everest without the great view from the top of the world."
- Chris McCormack.
9. "Triathletes plan well, train well, and expect the unexpected."
-Good luck wishes for triathlon quote, Race Omaha, Anonymous*.
10. "You can quit if you want, and no one will care. But you will know for the rest of your life."
- Words of encouragement for a triathlon, Anonymous*.
11. “The difference between who you are and who you want to be is what you do.”
- Bill Phillips.
12. “If you set a goal for yourself and are able to achieve it, you have won your race. Your goal can be to come in first, to improve your performance, or just finish the race it’s up to you.”
– Dave Scott.
13. “Some sessions are stars and some sessions are stones, but in the end, they are all rocks and we build upon them.”
– Chrissie Wellington.
14. "In triathlon, you don't get to race that much so when you're on the start line you just need to make sure you focus on the job at hand and enjoy yourself."
- Alistair Brownlee.
15. "It's always the athlete's responsibility to check everything. We have to listen to our bodies sometimes the hardest part is to back off and rest."
- Julie Dibens.
16. "You can continue onward and your leg will torment for seven days however in the event that you quit your mind heart will sting for eternity."
17. "Swim like you're gonna drown, Ride like you stole it, and Run like they are chasing you."
Triathlon training quotes will help you gain confidence. Ironman triathlon quotes will work as a push to help you to overcome the roller coasters of self-doubt. Below you will find a list of motivational cycling quotes to keep going your inner power to training.
18. “The race is won by the rider who can suffer the most”
– Eddy Merckx.
19. “It never gets easier, you just get faster”
- Greg LeMond.
20. “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”
- Albert Einstein.
21. “You can’t get good by staying home. If you want to get fast, you have to go where the fast guys are.”
- Steve Larsen.
22. “Life is like a 10-speed bicycle. Most of us have gears we never use.”
- Charles M. Schultz.
23. "I also realize that winning doesn't always mean getting first place; it means getting the best out of yourself."
- Meb Keflezighi.
24. "When you put yourself on the line in a race and expose yourself to the unknown, you learn things about yourself that are very exciting."
- Doris Brown Heritage.
25. "The miracle isn't that I finished the race. The miracle is that I had the courage to start the race."
- John Bingham.
26. "I'm going to work so that it's a pure guts race at the end, and if it is, I am the only one who can win it."
Funny triathlon sayings will lighten and brighten up your mood during the intense session of training. Below you will find a list of funny triathlon quotes that will always power up your ability to be smiling during training sessions. These quotes will only get you going more.
27. "Triathlon just means I'm not very good at three different sports."
28. “Triathletes have the capacity to propel their body at high speeds, through wind and weather over long distances. I call that flying.”
29. “Failure is a failure only when we stop trying anymore.”
– Sri Chinmoy.
30. "If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, then triathlon must have taken Him completely by surprise."
- P.Z. Pierce.
31. “We are judged by what we finish, not what we start.”
32. "Triathlon - It's not about finding your limits. It's about finding out what lies just beyond them."
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for 30+ Triathlon Quotes To Motivate The Ultimate Athletes then why not take a look at training day quotes, or funny gym quotes.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.