Get inspiration for education!
Subscribe for virtual tools, STEM-inspired play, creative tips and more
Renee Fleming, very famously said that "Everybody's a work in progress", and nothing could be truer.
If you are looking for inspirational quotes about how you can be a work in progress and be more than perfect, then keep on reading. Everyone needs inspiration in life from time to time, and this is your chance to read up on some sayings about progress and some self-progress quotes.
“Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything” and “Small progress is still progress” are some of the best small progress quotes. Henry Ford very famously said the words "Progress is progress no matter how small. Sometimes progress is your effort, not our results." So, if you are looking for work in progress quotes, progress not perfection quotes, making progress quotes and quotes on progress then you are indeed on the right page. Any one of these improving life quotes would make a great caption for a social media post too! So take a look now.
Slow progress is still progress, so why not make the best of it. If you are looking for inspirational quotes to inspire you to become the best version of yourself, then you're in luck because we have compiled a list of progression quotes, work-on-yourself quotes, take-a-break quotes, and a-work-in-progress quotes, just for you. These human progress quotes will show you that no one can take any amount of progress away from you.
1. “So, what is my story? I don't know. It's long and twisted and not quite finished yet.”
- Caitlyn Paige.
2. "The only time you should ever look back is to see how far you've come."
- Ian Knabel.
3. "The road to hell is paved with works-in-progress."
- Philip Roth.
4. “The stretching of your faith is immediate pain that results in an ultimate gain. It is in the waiting that we become who we are meant to be.”
- Mandy Hale.
5. "Progress changes consciousness, and when people's consciousness changes, then their awareness of what is possible changes as well a virtuous circle."
- Bill Clinton.
6. "Finished things cease to be a shelter for the spirit, but work in progress is a delight."
7. “A work in progress. And the possibilities are endless.”
- Elizabeth Eulberg.
8. "Every step of progress which the world has made has been from scaffold to scaffold, and from stake to stake."
9. "life is a work in progress."
- Rachel Caine.
10. “We're all a beautiful, wonderful work in progress...Embrace the process!”
- Nanette Mathews.
11. "Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is a success."
12. "I am a work in progress dressed in the fabric of a world unfolding."
- Ani DiFranco.
13. “Perfection is both innate and a work in progress.”
- Rasheed Ogunlaru.
14. "If you want to progress in your life and grow, act not to react."
- Yogi Bhajan.
15. "Everybody's a work in progress. I'm a work in progress. I mean, I've never arrived. I'm still learning all the time."
- Renee Fleming.
Funny Forward Progress Quotes
If you are looking for some fun inspirational quotes about progress, then you are on the right page. Sometimes to become a better version of yourself, you don't need serious words to inspire you. Sometimes all you need is a funny quote from a famous person and you are set. So, if you are looking for a funny making-progress quote, then keep on browsing. These fun inspirational quotes could also serve as 'don't let anything stop you' quotes to show people what you're really about.
16. "Sometimes the best part of my job is that the chair swivels."
17. "I suppose it is tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail."
18. “You’ve got to get up every morning with determination if you’re going to go to bed with satisfaction.”
19. “If at first, you don’t succeed, then skydiving definitely isn’t for you.”
– Steven Wright.
20. "The best computer is a man, and it’s the only one that can be mass-produced by unskilled labor."
- Wernher Von Braun.
21. “I find television very educational. Every time someone turns it on, I go in the other room and read a book.”
– Groucho Marx.
22. “Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you’ll be able to see further.”
23. “All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.”
– Mark Twain.
24. "Ambition is a poor excuse for not having sense enough to be lazy."
- Milan Kundera.
25. “There never was a child so lovely but his mother was glad to get him asleep.”
– Ralph Waldo Emerson.
26. “Your talent determines what you can do. Your motivation determines how much you’re willing to do. Your attitude determines how well you do it.”
27. "The world is full of willing people, some willing to work, the rest willing to let them."
- Robert Frost.
28. “Luck is what you have leftover after you give 100 percent.”
– Langston Coleman.
29. “The individual who says it is not possible should move out of the way of those doing it.”
Famous Quotes About Progress
If you are struggling to meet your goals and are looking for some inspiration, then these 'doing it on your own' quotes, 'do the work' quotes, and 'progressing in life' quotes will surely help you in setting your goals. We want to be helpful in any way possible. We hope that these inspirational quotes about advancing, motivational quotes about progress, or growth and progress quotes will be useful to you and show you that without change there is no progress.
30. "The only way to do great work is to love what you do."
- Steve Jobs.
31. "When work feels overwhelming, remember that you’re going to die."
- Sherlock Holmes.
32. "Small progress is still progress.”
33. "Progress is impossible without change; and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything."
- George Bernard Shaw.
34. "Despite our deeply rooted prejudices against ‘filthy lucre’, however, money is the root of most progress."
- Niall Ferguson.
35. "Knowledge is power. Information is liberating. Education is the premise of progress, in every society, in every family."
- Kofi Annan.
36. “If there is no struggle, there is no progress.”
- Frederick Douglass.
37. "If you're walking down the right path and you're willing to keep walking, eventually you'll make progress."
- Barack Obama.
38. "Actively recognizing progress towards your goal will ultimately end up inspiring you and have you pushing even harder."
- Denzel J. Wellington.
39. “A little progress every day adds up to big results.”
40. "Believe me, my journey has not been a simple journey of progress. There have been many ups and downs, and it is the choices that I made at each of those times that have helped shape what I have achieved."
- Satya Nadella.
41. "Progress isn't made through fear. Fear is the coward's way of leadership."
- Michelle Obama.
42. “Progress is not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be.”
- Khalil Gibran.
43. "It's crazy how fast time flies and how things progress."
- Nathan Chen.
44. "Excellence without effort is as futile as progress without preparation."
45. “Always be a work in progress.”
- Emily Lillian.
46. “A work-in-progress generates its own energy field. You, the artist or entrepreneur, are pouring love into the work; you are suffusing it with passion and intention and hope.”
― Steven Pressfield, 'Do the Work'.
47. “Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.”
― Frank Zappa.
*Do you know where this quote originated? Please email us to let us know at [email protected]
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for Work In Progress Quotes then why not take a look at [work-family quotes], or [inspiring quotes for teens].
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.