- LS-TEN is one of the UK's leading indoor skateparks for extreme sports offering sessions in skateboarding, BMXing, scooter riding, inline skating and quad skating.
- They offer a huge range of classes for all ages and abilities including beginner’s skating, group sessions, school holiday programmes and multiple-day extreme skate camps.
- Don’t miss the regular events held by LS-TEN such as their funky Friday Night Quad and Roller Skate sessions, link-ups with Leeds University Skate Society and awesome birthday party packages.
- LS-TEN is a new registered charity striving to inspire, engage and dismantle inequality through their inclusive environment and the joys of active sport, as well as their wonderful education programmes.
LS-TEN prides itself on its five core values which are at the heart of all of their sports and education work - accountability, bravery, care, resilience and relentless positivity. These things are in no short supply at their hugely inclusive, engaging, fun and compassionate sports classes where kids of all ages can let loose and make friends whilst learning some awesome skating tricks.
This epic extreme sports centre in Leeds offers a whole host of different classes across all ages and abilities, covering every two and four-wheel device you could think of, from skateboards and rollerblades to BMX bikes and scooters. Inside their seriously cool skatepark, where awesome graffiti art adorns the wall and their signature yellow and black colours streak through wooden ramps, you can book a two-hour skate session to let loose at your leisure or choose one of their tailored classes depending on your ability. LS-TEN’s Monday Night Beginners Sessions are open to all ages to build their confidence on wheels through inclusive coaching and only the most positive vibes. For kids under 8 who are a little nervous about getting started at the skatepark, LS-TEN’s Mini Riders sessions are a great way to ease them in. Older kids will also love the Friday Night Quad and Roller Skate evenings where expert skaters are on-hand to help you master the most awesome tricks and techniques. If you’re really committed to improving your skate skills, then LS-TEN also offers Get Active Extreme Camps for ages 6 to 14, ranging from half and full-day sessions to entire week-long sports camps.
Within LS-TEN’s vibrant venue you can also find The Lounge, a bespoke café and bar offering a safe space for visitors to enjoy coffee, breakfast, delicious snacks and a whole range of day or evening meals. Featuring games, sofas and even more colourfully-painted walls, The Lounge is a great place to unwind or fuel up before or after your sports classes and they offer a great range of party packages, events and venue hire opportunities.
As well as their lively sports centre, LS-TEN also provides wonderful community and education programmes for children and young people who might need some extra support in the local area. So much more than just a skatepark, this compassionate charity runs Key Stage 2 and KS3/4 provisions for children who face exclusion from mainstream schools, aiming to teach kids both academically and socially so that they can be integrated back into education.
Whether you just want to drop in and test the wheels or sign up a full programme of skating fun, LS-TEN is a great institution to get involved with to help the kids get active, meet new friends and feel completely welcomed as they learn a ton of awesome new tricks. For more extreme sports nearby, why not whiz over to the TeamSport Go Karting track or take to the skies at Leeds’ Clip ‘N Climb centre?
What to know before you go
- Skate sessions and classes run all year round throughout the day, seven days a week.
- There are a variety of sessions on offer for children aged from 5 to 18.
- Parents can either drop their children off at a session and come back later or wait in the spectator areas or café.
- For refreshments on-site head to LS-TEN’s The Lounge cafe and bar, which serves breakfast, sandwiches, hot food, snacks and daily specials in a relaxed environment with free car parking available. Nearby you can also find Printworks Kitchen & Bar, Pizza Express, Frankie & Benny’s and Mumtaz Indian Restaurant.
- There is no gift shop on site, but LS-TEN has an awesome online merchandise store that you should definitely check out.
- LS-TEN are proud to offer a range of accessible sessions for children with various SEN or mobility needs, with Adaptive Cycle sessions using modified bikes, trikes and hand cycles, as well as Makaton lessons.
- Prices are per sporting session and some sibling discounts are available.
- All staff are DBS checked and there are first aiders on site.
- LS-TEN sports centre is located just south of Leeds city centre, near to the Leeds Dock and Crown Point Shopping Park.
- If you are travelling by car, the skatepark is just off of the A61 on Kitson Road and there is a free car park on site.
- The venue is a 10-minute drive or taxi ride from Leeds Station, or a short bus ride via the 10, 12, 13, 28, 117, 118A, 200, 201, 202 or 203 routes.
- The nearest bus stop is Hunslet Road Brookfield St, which services the number 12, 13, 47, 74, 87, 110, 167, 168, 189, 410, 444 and 446 bus lines.