We are here with a collection of 90+ best quotes that will help you to find purpose in your life, and will inspire you to find your true self.
It is true that being a human, we are sometimes stuck in a situation where we are unable to find our true self. This situation is really something we need to sort out at all costs.
In this article we have 100 best quotes about finding yourself that will motivate you enough to tackle such situations in life to emerge successfully. And if you like this article, then you will surely like be true to yourself quotes and exploring quotes too.
Best Finding Yourself Quotes
If a person wishes to live their life to fullest then finding our true self becomes a priority. You can find your true self only within you. All you need to do is stay calm, forget all the worries and try to discover yourself. Meditation is a very good way to find your true self. Here are some of the best quotes about finding yourself.
1. “Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom”
2. “People often say that this or that person has not yet found himself. But the self is not something one finds, it is something one creates.”
- Thomas Szasz.
3. “Know yourself. Don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful.”
- Ann Landers.
4. “Know thyself'' If I knew myself, I'd run away.”
- Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe.
5. “The only journey is the journey within.”
- Rainer Maria Rilke.
6. “Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves.”
- Henry David Thoreau.
7. “One must know oneself. If this does not serve to discover truth, it at least serves as a rule of life, and there is nothing better.”
- Blaise Pascal.
8. “All the wonders you seek are within yourself.”
- Thomas Browne.
9. “I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then live with that decision.”
- Eleanor Roosevelt.
10. “Should we say the self, once perceived, becomes the soul?”
- Theodore Roethke.
11. “I wasn’t searching for something or someone….I was searching for me.”
-Carrie Bradshaw, ‘Sex And The City’.
12. “The longest journey is the journey inward.”
13. “It takes courage…to endure the sharp pains of self-discovery rather than choose to take the dull pain of unconsciousness that would last the rest of our lives.”
14. “Step into the fire of self-discovery. This fire will not burn you.”
15. “The story ends up being a journey of self-discovery.”
16. “Discovering who you are today is the first step to being who you will be tomorrow.”
- Mustapha Lanre Idreez.
17. “The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeing new landscapes but in having new eyes.”
18. “The greatest discovery in life is self-discovery. Until you find yourself you will always be someone else. Become yourself.”
19. “I was once afraid of people saying Who does she think she is? Now I have the courage to stand and say, This is who I am.”
20. “We accomplish nothing good in life, before we find out who we are.”
- Sipho P Nkosi.
21. “Fight what you are today to become what you wanna be tomorrow.”
- Sipho P. Nkosi.
22. “Some steps need to be taken alone. It’s the only way to really figure out where you need to be.”
– Mandy Hale.
23. “It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.”
– Ursula K. Le Guin.
24. “Adventure can be an end in itself. Self-discovery is the secret ingredient that fuels daring.”
– Grace Lichtenstein.
25. “The searching-out and thorough investigation of truth ought to be the primary study of man”.
– Marcus Tullius Cicero.
26. “Go find yourself first so you can also find me.”
27. “We lose ourselves in things we love. We find ourselves there, too.”
– Kristin Martz.
28. “I long, as does every human being, to be at home wherever I find myself.”
– Maya Angelou.
29. “Sometimes when you lose your way, you find yourself.”
– Mandy Hale.
30. “The only journey is the journey within.”
– Rainer Maria Rilke.
Trying To Find Yourself Quotes
Success is the thing which every single person wants to achieve in his life. These success quotes will guide you towards the path of success.
31. “People often say that this or that person has not yet found himself. But the self is not something one finds, it is something one creates.”
– Thomas Szasz.
32. “Don’t spend all of your time trying to find yourself. Spend your time creating yourself into a person that you’ll be proud of.”
– Sonya Parker.
33. “The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.”
– Mohandas Gandhi.
34. “Knowing others is intelligence; knowing yourself is true wisdom.”
– Lao Tzu.
35. “Your real self may be hiding somewhere, look for it within, when you find yourself, you can freely be what you want to be.”
– Michael Bassey Johnson.
36. “Finding oneself and one’s path is like waking up on a foggy day. Be patient, and presently the fog will clear and that which has always been there can be seen. The path is already there to follow.”
– Rasheed Ogunlaru.
37. “Be who you are, and find yourself so you can be your own person and enjoy life with no regret.”
– Bonnie Zackson Koury.
38. “Know, first, who you are, and then adorn yourself accordingly.”
39. “One’s own self is well hidden from one’s own self; of all mines of treasure, one’s own is the last to be dug up.”
– Friedrich Nietzsche.
40. “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born, and the day you find out why.”
- Mark Twain.
41. “Resolve to be thyself; and know that he, who finds himself, loses his misery.”
– Matthew Arnold.
Find Happiness In Yourself Quotes
‘Finding yourself’ basically means that we need to find the true purpose of our life and to gain happiness through this. Happiness is a state which makes life beautiful and enjoyable. Here are some quotes about finding happiness in yourself and living life to the fullest.
42. “Man never knows what he wants; he aspires to penetrate mysteries and as soon as he has, he wants to reestablish them. Ignorance irritates him and knowledge cloys.”
- Henri Frederic Amiel.
43. “I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.”
- Jimmy Dean.
44. “The man who views the world at fifty the same as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life.”
- Muhammad Ali.
45. “I feel the older I get, the more I’m learning to handle life. Being on this quest for a long time, it’s all about finding yourself.”
- Ringo Starr.
46. “Don’t ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and then go do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.”
- Howard Thurman.
47. “Doubt kills more Dreams than failure ever will.”
- Suzy Kassem.
48. “I think you travel to search and you come back home to find yourself there.”
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie.
49. “When you make the finding yourself – even if you’re the last person on Earth to see the light – you’ll never forget it.”
- Carl Sagan.
50. “Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.”
- George Bernard Shaw.
51. “The first step to becoming what God made you to be is to stop worrying about what others want you to be.”
- Rick Warren.
52. “Finding happiness is like finding yourself. You don't find happiness, you make happiness. You choose happiness. Self-actualization is a process of discovering who you are, who you want to be and paving the way to happiness by doing what brings you the most meaning and contentment to your life over the long run.”
- David Leonhardt.
53. “Before you find out who you are, you have to figure out who you aren't.”
54. “Find out who you are and be that person. That's what your soul was put on this Earth to be. Find that truth, live that truth and everything else will come.”
- Ellen DeGeneres.
55. “If you are not in the process of becoming the person you want to be, you are automatically engaged in becoming the person you don't want to be.”
- Dale Carnegie.
56. “You will never understand who you are until you understand who God is.”
- Billy Graham.
57. “Just when I think I have learned the way to live, life changes.”
- Hugh Prather.
58. “You were born with everything you need to answer the call of your soul.”
- Marie Forleo.
59. “It's not about finding a home so much as finding yourself”
60. “I know well what I am fleeing from but not what I am in search of.”
- Michel De Montaigne.
61. “There are three things extremely hard: steel, a diamond, and to know one's self.”
- Benjamin Franklin.
Find Peace Within Yourself Quotes
Peace can make your life a living heaven. If you give this peace and self discovery time to yourself then you will feel happy and you will be clearer about the purpose of your life which will help you in finding yourself. Find peace within yourself with these quotes about finding yourself.
62. “Follow your bliss and don’t be afraid, and doors will open where you didn’t know they were going to be.”
- Joseph Campbell.
63. “We shall not cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.”
- T.S. Elliot.
64. “In the end, you don’t so much find yourself as you find someone who knows who you are.”
- Robert Brault.
65. “Be who you are, and find yourself so you can be your own person and enjoy life with no regret.”
- Bonnie Zackson Koury.
66. “Never look back unless you are planning to go that way.”
- Henry David Thoreau.
67. “I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
- Henry David Thoreau.
68. “Don’t spend all of your time trying to find yourself. Spend your time creating yourself into a person that you’ll be proud of.”
- Sonya Parker.
69. “Each man’s life represents a road toward himself.”
- Hermann Hesse.
70. “Find yourself first-like yourself first-love yourself first and friendship and love will naturally find you.”
- Mandy Hale.
71. “Know yourself. Don’t accept your dog’s admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful.”
- Ann Landers.
More Inspirational Quotes About Finding Yourself
Finding yourself is a slow and steady process, stay calm, quiet and alone for some duration in a day and think about the purpose of your life. Think about things that make you happy and the things that you want to achieve. Inspiration is what makes people do things they never thought they could do. Here are some inspirational quotes about finding yourself.
72. “People need to know themselves to love themselves, and they need to love themselves to love others.”
- Joel Mark Witt and Antonia Dodge.
73. “So without any intentional, fancy way of adjusting yourself, to express yourself freely as you are is the most important thing to make yourself happy, and to make others happy.”
- Suzuki Roshi.
74. “Men can starve from a lack of self-realization as much as they can from a lack of bread.”
- Richard Wright.
75. “Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves.”
- Carl Jung.
76. “What you want is what you need. Your dearest wish comes straight from your core, loaded with vital information about whom you are and who you can become.”
- Barbara Sher.
77. “It takes courage…to endure the sharp pains of self-discovery rather than choose to take the dull pain of unconsciousness that would last the rest of our lives.”
- Marianne Williamson.
78. “The best-adjusted people are the ‘psychologically patriotic,’ who are glad to be what they are.”
- Isabel Briggs Myers.
79. “When you know yourself you are empowered. When you accept yourself you are invincible.”
- Tina Lifford.
80. “The Element is about discovering yourself, and you can’t do this if you’re trapped in a compulsion to conform. You can’t be yourself in a swarm.”
81. “You can waste a perfectly good life trying to meet the standards of someone who thinks you’re not good enough because they can’t understand who you are.”
- Barbara Sher.
82. “There is no satisfaction that can compare with looking back across the years and finding you’ve grown in self-control, judgment, generosity, and unselfishness.”
– Ella Wheeler Wilcox.
83. “It is the individual who knows how little they know about themselves who stands the most reasonable chance of finding out something about themselves before they die.”
– S. I. Hayakawa.
84. “There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that’s your own self.”
– Aldous Huxley.
85. “The greatest explorer on this earth never takes voyages as long as those of the man who descends to the depth of his heart.”
– Julien Green.
86. “Why should we honour those that die upon the field of battle? A man may show as reckless a courage in entering into the abyss of himself.”
– William Butler Yeats.
Find Yourself First Quotes
Knowing you true self is integral to live a fruitful life. Here are some self realization quotes which will help you on the path of discovering your true self.
87. “Life always waits for some crisis to occur before revealing itself as its most brilliant.”
– Paulo Coelho.
88. “We must be willing to let go of the life we’ve planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.”
– Joseph Campbell.
89. “One of the best times for figuring out who you are and what you really want out of life? Right after a break-up.”
– Mandy Hale.
90. “Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.”
– Marilyn Monroe.
91. “Don’t worry about finding your soul mate. Find yourself.”
– Jason Evert.
92. “By discovering nature, you discover yourself.”
– Maxime Lagace.
93. “Your real self may be hiding somewhere, look for it within, when you find yourself; you can freely be what you want to be.”
– Michael Bassey Johnson.
94. “Find out who you are and do it on purpose.”
– Dolly Parton.
95. “Somehow, we'll find it. The balance between whom we wish to be and whom we need to be. But for now, we simply have to be satisfied with who we are.”
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for finding yourself quotes, then why not take a look at [focus on yourself quotes], or follow your heart quotes.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.