As you venture out on your path of spirituality, temple quotes are a must for you.
If you, like many, are lost in the cacophony of the chaos of the world, these temple quotes will make you believe again, in the joyful fruits of being. Every quote will help you find peace and see life from a new perspective.
The temple quotes will give you insights on work and family, and make you want a home over a house, for it's only a home wherein a sanctum can survive, not a house. These temple quotes are necessarily best for every being looking for direction in life. If the temple pillars are constructed on the base of faith and hope, then no negativity can ever work against it, no toxicity can work to diminish its peaceful existence. Our top aim is to help you look into yourself and not merely go by the book, so that you may you realize that peace and find your own sacred place of worship.
If you like more quotes, then take a look at worship quotes and [morning prayer quotes].
Inspirational Temple Quotes Necessary For The Soul
These quotes are no less than home to a wandering soul, the quotes serve as a family to the lost alone soul, just like a sanctum. The quotes are the want of the times, of today! Read them with a calm mind and let them pacify your soul.
1. "Those who understand the eternal blessings which come from the temple know that no sacrifice is too great, no price too heavy, no struggle too difficult in order to receive those blessings."
- Thomas S. Monson.
2. "The time has come to turn your heart into a temple of fire."
3. "My favoured temple is a humble heart."
- Philip James Bailey.
4. "The temple bell stops but I still hear the sound coming out of the flowers."
- Matsuo Basho.
5. "All that occurs within the walls of the temple is uplifting and enobling."
- Thomas S. Monson.
6. "I looked in temples churches and mosques. But I found the Divine within my heart."
7. "Doing of good is the best temple ever built!"
- Mehmet Murat İldan.
8. "The temples perish, but the God still lives."
- Philip James Bailey, 'Festus'.
9. "The purpose of all the major religious traditions is not to construct big temples on the outside, but to create temples of goodness and compassion inside, in our hearts."
- Dalai Lama.
10. "The temple is holy because it is not for sale."
- Ezra Pound.
11. "The body is your temple. Keep it pure and clean for the soul to reside in."
- B.K.S. Iyengar.
12. "In the temple of his spirit, each man is alone."
- Ayn Rand.
13. "Colors fade, temples crumble, empires fall, but wise words endure."
- Edward Thorndike.
Temple Quotes That Take You To The Doorstep Of Love
In general, we often ask for many things in our survival, in matters of work, in personal relationships, we follow the socially structured book and often lose out on the purest essence of worship, that is love. On top of that, we are so consumed by the very many immaterial things in living that we fail to realize the true meaning of being, of prayers and the sanctums, remain all but a hub of religious practices. The quotes below take you through the truest essence of living. Read with love.
14. "I know your lives are busy. I know that you have much to do. But I make you a promise that if you will go to the house of the Lord, you will be blessed; life will be better for you."
- Gordon B. Hinckley, 'Teaching Of Presidents Of The Church'.
15. "The temple of art is built in words."
- J. G. Holland.
16. "Whoever cannot find a temple in his heart, the same can never find his heart in any temple."
- Mikhail Naimy, 'The Book Of Mirdad'.
17. "The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is a knowledge of our own ignorance."
- Benjamin Franklin.
18. "The heart is a temple wherein all truth resides."
- George Burns.
19. "The temple of our purest thoughts is silence."
- Sarah Josepha Hale.
20. "Temple going is for the purification of the soul."
- Mahatma Gandhi, 'Truth Is God'.
21. "You are never lost when you can see the temple."
- Gary E. Stevenson, 'Sacred Homes, Sacred Temples'.
22. "Temples are an expression of God's love."
- Jean A. Stevens.
23. "I think there is no place in the world where I feel closer to the Lord than in one of His holy temples."
- Thomas S. Monson, 'Blessings Of The Temple'.
24. "This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness."
- Dalai Lama XIV.
25. "When we talk about a mysterious temple covered with fog in the forest, we should know that the mysterious thing is actually our mind, not the temple!"
- Mehmet Murat İldan.
26. "I never wished God should not exist in your temple; I wish God should exist in your heart"
- Sir P.S. Jagadeesh Kumar.
Temple Quotes For Peace Of Mind
Like every dusk awaits a dawn, every mind awaits peace. Like every dawn is essential for the world to exist, every drop of peace is necessary for the human mind to thrive. These quotes are a pathfinder in dark times, these quotes are an inspiration.
27. "Across the world, this June, the petals all have fallen,
But the mountain temple's peach blossom has just begun to bloom.
I regretted so much that spring had gone without a trace,
I didn't know that it had only moved up here."
- Bai Juyi, 'Peach Blossom At Dalin Temple'.
28. "The risen Lord is the new Temple, the real meeting place between God and man."
- Pope Benedict XVI, 'Jesus Of Nazareth, Part Two: Holy Week: From The Entrance Into Jerusalem To The Resurrection'.
29. "You may have the dark and cold street life, ruled by the lessor light of the moon. During this time I restore my temple, and later awake to greet the awesome radiance of the sun-star."
- T.F. Hodge, 'Within I Rise: Spiritual Triumph Over Death and Conscious Encounters With The Divine Presence'.
30. "You only get one body; it is the temple of your soul. Even God is willing to dwell there. If you truly treat your body like a temple, it will serve you well for decades."
- Oli Hille, 'Creating The Perfect Lifestyle'.
31. "Our thinking will automatically improve when we remember the words of Paul: 'know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and the spirit of God dwelleth in you?"
- Thomas S. Monson, 'Pathways To Perfection: Discourses Of Thomas S. Monson'.
32. "Those in whom the Spirit comes to live are God's new Temple. They are, individually and corporately, places where heaven and earth meet."
- N.T. Wright, 'Simply Christian: Why Christianity Makes Sense'.
33. "And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves."
- Matthew 21:12, 'Temples Of The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter-Day Saints'.
34. "What I am trying to teach is that when we keep the temple covenants we have made and when we live righteously in order to maintain the blessings promised by those ordinances, then come what may, we have no reason to worry or to feel despondent."
- Richard G. Scott, 'Temples Of The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter-day Saints'.
35. "It is in the ordinances of the temple that we are placed under covenant to Him… If we will enter into our covenants without reservation or apology, the Lord will protect us. We will receive inspiration sufficient for the challenges of life."
- Boyd K. Packer. ' Temples Of The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter-Day Saints'.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for temple quotes then why not take a look at Tim Keller quotes or [church quotes]?
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.