Get inspiration for education!
Subscribe for virtual tools, STEM-inspired play, creative tips and more
There is something about the cold weather that makes us want to search for warmth and comfort.
As the cool breeze blows outside, snuggling up with a cup of coffee and a book can bring you eternal happiness. From frosted grass in the morning, the shape of a snowflake, and the laughter of kids playing in the snow to the sight of falling snow, stylish winter dressing, and the joy of a warm fire, there are so many beautiful things about winter.
There are also so many things to say when the weather is cold. You can reflect on funny quotes about cold weather, or go in the opposite direction by thinking of cold-hearted quotes. Either way, every man and woman has a special place in their heart for the cold season.
We’ve come up with a list of heartwarming cold quotes to make your winter experience special. Full of cool and inspirational quotes, why not dive right into it?
If you love these cold quotes, feel free to check out these weather quotes and [rain quotes] too!
Lovable Quotes For Cold Weather
Some believe that winter is the season to fall in love, so here are some cold quotes to warm your heart this season. Find your favorite cool and inspirational winter cold sayings here.
1. “Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire: it is the time for home.”
- Edith Sitwell.
2. “My old grandmother always used to say, summer friends will melt away like summer snows, but winter friends are friends forever.”
- George R R Martin.
3. “A snowball in the face is surely the perfect beginning to a lasting friendship.”
- Markus Zusak.
4. “Love keeps the cold out better than a cloak.”
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
5. “If you are cold at night, let the promise of my love cover you like a warm blanket.”
- Matthew White.
6. “People don't notice whether it's winter or summer when they're happy.”
- Anton Chekhov.
7. “Being soaked alone is cold. Being soaked with your best friend is an adventure.”
- Emily Wing Smith.
Cool Quotes About Snow
The beauty of a snowflake cannot be described in words. Snowfall is a magical phenomenon that brightens the darkest of days, giving us endless snow angels and sledding adventures! Take a look at the best cold quotes to enjoy in snowfall.
8. “Advice is like the snow. The softer it falls, the longer it dwells upon and the deeper it sinks into the mind.”
- Samuel Taylor Coleridge.
9. “Snow brings a special quality with it — the power to stop life as you know it dead in its tracks.”
- Nancy Hatch Woodward.
10. “With luck, it might even snow for us.”
- Haruki Murakami.
11. “There’s just something beautiful about walking on snow that nobody else has walked on. It makes you believe you’re special.”
- Carol Rifka Brunt.
12. “Snow isn’t just pretty. It also cleanses our world and our senses, not just of the soot and grime of a mining town, but also of a kind of weary familiarity, a taken-for-granted quality to which our eyes are all too susceptible.”
- John Burnside.
13. “It is the life of the crystal, the architect of the flake, the fire of the frost, the soul of the sunbeam. This crisp winter air is full of it.”
– John Burrough.
14. “Snow provokes responses that reach right back to childhood.”
- Andy Goldsworthy.
15. “Even the strongest blizzards start with a single snowflake.”
– Sara Raasch.
16. “Kindness is like snow – it beautifies everything it covers."
– Kahlil Gibran.
17. “The first fall of snow is not only an event, it is a magical event. You go to bed in one kind of a world and wake up in another quite different.”
– J.B. Priestley.
18. “The snow is sparkling like a million little suns.”
- Lama Willa.
19. “Thank goodness for the first snow, it was a reminder - no matter how old you became and how much you'd seen, things could still be new if you were willing to believe they still mattered.”
- Candace Bushnell.
20. “Despite all I have seen and experienced, I still get the same simple thrill out of glimpsing a tiny patch of snow.”
- Edmund Hillary.
21. “A snowflake is one of God's most fragile creations, but look what they can do when they stick together!”
Cold Quotes To Inspire
Inspiration comes when one is not looking for it, even in cold weather! This collection of the ultimate inspirational quotes might provide the comfort you need at winter time. Which one brings you warmth?
22. “In the winter, she curls up around a good book and dreams away the cold.”
- Ben Aaronovitch.
23. “Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face.”
- Victor Hugo.
24. “Winter is on my head, but eternal spring is in my heart.”
- Victor Hugo.
25. “I prefer winter and fall, when you feel the bone structure of the landscape - the loneliness of it, the dead feeling of winter. Something waits beneath it, the whole story doesn't show.”
- Andrew Wyeth.
26. “It is impossible, to me at least, to be poetical in cold weather.”
- George Eliot.
27. “I wonder if the snow loves the trees and fields, that it kisses them so gently? And then it covers them up snug, you know, with a white quilt; and perhaps it says, 'Go to sleep, darlings, till the summer comes again.'”
- Lewis Carroll.
28. “To appreciate the beauty of a snowflake it is necessary to stand out in the cold.”
29. “In the depth of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer.”
- Albert Camus.
30. “If winter comes, can spring be far behind?”
- Percy Bysshe Shelley, 'Ode To The West Wind'.
31. “Winter passes and one remembers one's perseverance.”
- Yoko Ono.
32. “The color of springtime is flowers; the color of winter is in our imagination.”
- Terri Guillemets.
33. “Winter forms our character and brings out our best.”
– Tom Allen.
34. “If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant: if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome.”
– Anne Bradstreet.
35. “Nothing burns like the cold.”
– George R.R. Martin.
36. “At this season of the year, darkness is a more insistent thing than cold. The days are short as any dream.”
– E.B. White.
37. “To keep a warm heart in winter is the real victory.”
– Marty Rubin.
38. “Winter must be cold for those with no warm memories.”
- Anne Bradstreet.
39. “I like these cold, gray winter days. Days like these let you savor a bad mood.”
- Bill Watterson.
40. “I pray this winter be gentle and kind - a season of rest from the wheel of the mind.”
- John Geddes.
41. “The heart can get really cold if all you've known is winter.”
- Benjamin Alire Sáenz, 'Last Night I Sang To The Monster'.
42. “How many lessons of faith and beauty we should lose, if there were no winter in our year!”
- Thomas Wentworth Higginson.
43. “Winter is a season that sparkles with magic and transforms our ordinary world into a glittering kingdom.”
- Abi Elphinstone.
44. “No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.”
45. “There is something about very cold weather that gives one an enormous appetite. Most of us find ourselves beginning to crave rich steaming stews and hot apple pies and all kinds of delicious warming dishes; and because we are all a great deal luckier than we realize, we usually get what we want—or near enough.”
- Roald Dahl.
46. “Winter is not a season, it’s a celebration.”
- Anamika Mishra.
47. “What good is the warmth of summer, without the cold of winter to give it sweetness. ”
- John Steinbeck.
48. “Winter is a season of recovery and preparation.”
- Paul Theroux.
49. "The pine stays green in winter... wisdom in hardship."
- Norman Douglas.
50. “The cold never bothered me anyway.”
- Elsa, 'Frozen', 'Let It Go'.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for 50 beautiful cold quotes that are perfect for winter, then why not take a look at these [cold weather quotes] or sun quotes for more great weather quotes?
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.