Recent searches (0)
Hawaiian quotes may be used to express traditional Hawaiian values and wisdom or to evoke the spirit and culture of Hawaii. They can also be used as a form of inspiration or motivation. Additionally, they may be used to connect with one's heritage or honor the Hawaiian culture. Hawaiian quotes offer a great perspective on life, culture, and the natural world. They encapsulate the wisdom and teachings of the Hawaiian people, who have a deep connection to their land and its inhabitants. These quotes offer a glimpse into the Hawaiian way of life, which values family, community, and respect for the environment. They remind us to live in harmony with nature, appreciate the world's beauty, and cherish our relationships with those we love. Overall, Hawaiian quotes offer a powerful and meaningful message that can inspire us to live a more fulfilling and authentic life.
1. "A ' ohe loa i ka hana a ke aloha. Distance is ignored by love." - Toni Polancy, 'Hawaii in Love.'
2. "Aloha. It meant welcome and homecoming. It meant love." - Clemence McLaren, 'Dance for the Land'
3. "Coming to Hawaii is like going from black and white to color." - John Richard Stephens
4. "Every wave says aloha as it kisses the beach...and the beach says aloha to every wave as it returns to the sea." - Bodhi Smith
5. "Hawaii is a paradise born of fire." - Rand McNally
6. "Hawaii is not a state of mind, but a state of grace." - Paul Theroux
7. "Hawaii is paradise. It sounds cheesy to say it, but there's music in the air there." - Bruno Mars
8. "I believe Hawaii is the most precious jewel in the world." - Don Ho
9. "I feel very honored that the Hawaiian spirits chose to contact me." - Steven Magee
10. "In Hawaii, we understand that our way of life depends on a healthy ocean." - Mazie Hirono
11. "Incredible as it might seem, Hawaii is like a gigantic raft, drifting slowly with the centuries." - Terence Barrow
12. "The history of Hawaii may be seen as a story of arrivals." - Susanna Moore
13. "The only good thing about leaving Hawaii is that you really appreciate it when you return." - John Richard Stephens
14. "We were on the island of Hawaii…It is not much different than films." - Bo Derek
15. "You don't have to live in Hawaii - or even be Hawaiian - to embrace the Aloha spirit." - Mark Ellman
16. "I love to surf. Hawaii has some of the best waves in the world, and the most consistent as well. That's always fun." - Brendon Urie
17. "Beating the drums for Hawaii is not hard to do - the place just grows on you." - James MacArthur
18. "For me, the magic of Hawaii comes from the stillness, the sea, the stars." - Joanne Harris
19. "Hawaii is a paradise - and I can never cease proclaiming it. But I must append one word of qualification: Hawaii is a paradise for the well-to-do." - Jack London
20. "Hawaii is still the single most frequent fantasy destination…because Hawaii seduces the imagination. It's the perfect postcard - no props, no fillers." - Robert Wintner
21. "Hawaii is the island of big dreams for both islanders and guests. Those dreams born in paradise can indeed come true." - Sharon Linnea
22. "Hawaii is the only place in the 50 states where you can see the stars of the entire northern and southern hemispheres." - John Richard Stephens
23. "Mauna Kea is the Standing Rock of Hawaii." - Steven Magee
24. "Smell the sea and smell the sky. Let your soul and spirit fly." - Van Morrison
25. "The Hawaiian people have been from time immemorial lovers of poetry and music… and songs of love, and chants of worship." - Lydia Kamekeha Liliuokalani
26. "The loveliest fleet of islands that lies anchored in any ocean." - Mark Twain
27. "Aloha Hawaii, goodbye snow." - Steven Magee
28. "Being in Hawaii, it's almost impossible not to be fit, I think." - Henry Ian Cusick
29. "Even the sweetness of a freshly cut pineapple from Hawaii is a sermon." - J. A. Medders
30. "Eventually, I want to move to Hawaii and chill forever." - Riley Keough
31. "Hawaii is the only place I know where they lay flowers on you while you are alive." - Will Rogers
32. "I thought my book was done, then we went to Hawaii and the whole last chapter happened." - Mariel Hemmingway
33. "Meet me where the sky touches the sea." - Jennifer Donnelly
34. "That greeting is Aloha - love, I love you, my love to you. Good day - what is it more than an impersonal remark about the weather?" - Jack London
35. "In Hawaii, some of the biggest radio stations are reggae. The local bands are heavily influenced by Bob Marley." -Bruno Mars
36. "Kaohinani is a Hawaiian word meaning gatherer of beautiful things." - Rob Brezsny
37. "Aloha is the unconditional desire to promote the true good of other people in a friendly spirit out of a sense of kinship." - Abraham Akaka
38. "Aloha sacred mountain, aloha ancient Hawaiians." - Steven Magee
39. "Hawaii is a small, close community." - Jake Shimabukuro
40. "Hawaiian English is like kahiko - the ancient dance - the kanaka dance of tradition, she says, harsh moves, slaps, and full of pounding force." - Garrett Hongo
41. "In Hawaii, we have something called ho'oponopono, where people come together to resolve crises and restore peace and balance." - Duane Chapman
42. "No one has family in Hawaii. Everyone is family in Hawaii." - Richie Norton
43. "Ohana means family, and family means no one gets left behind." - 'Lilo & Stitch'
44. "The hula is the heartbeat of the Hawaiian people." - King David Kalakaua
45. "By listening, one understands."
46. "A humble person walks carefully so as not to hurt others." - Hawaiian Funeral Saying
47. "Be patient. Don't give up too easily."
48. "Joy is in the voice of love."
49. "Make every person, place or condition better than you left it always."
50. "May there always be Tradewinds behind you, Rainbows above you, and Aloha all Around you." - Kauai Blessing.
51. "No cliff is so tall it cannot be climbed."
52. "There is life in a kindly reply."
53. “All knowledge is not taught in one school.”
54. “May there Always be warmth in your hale, fish in your net, and Aloha in your heart.” - Hawaiian Blessing
55. "A bad one breaks his board."
56. "A child behaves like those who reared him."
57. "Aloha love gives life within."
58. "Dare to dance leave shame at home."
59. "Love all you see, including yourself."
60. "Try as you may to undo the good I have done, you cannot."
61. "Unfolded by the water are the faces of the flowers."
You Might Also Like
Read The Disclaimer
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.