Get inspiration for education!
Subscribe for virtual tools, STEM-inspired play, creative tips and more
June, July and August is the time for the summer season.
August is derived from 'Augustus', meaning "consecrated" or "venerable" in Latin. According to the Gregorian calendar, August is the eighth month.
The special thing about summer is the warmth and happiness. It's the perfect time to go to the beach and have your favorite ice-cream, to visit the amusement park with your closest friends and family. Here's a compilation of some great summery August quotes and sayings.
If you like more quotes, check out: [July quotes] and June quotes.
Inspirational August Quotes
These inspirational quotes about August will surely make your day. Here are some quotes inspired by August: the summer season.
1. "August brings into sharp focus and a furious boil everything I've been listening to in the late spring and summer."
2. "August is that last flicker of fun and heat before everything fades and dies. The final moments of fun before the freeze. In the winter, everything changes."
- Rasmenia Massoud.
3. "Remember to be gentle with yourself and others. We are all children of chance, and none can say why some fields will blossom while others lay brown beneath the August sun."
- Kent Nerburn.
4. "Did you know that a bee dies after he stings you?... And that around the tenth of August, any year, you can look up in the sky at night and see dozens and dozens of shooting stars?"
- Elizabeth Enright.
5. "August creates as she slumbers, replete and satisfied."
- Joseph Wood Krutch.
6. "August of another summer, and once again, I am drinking the sun, and the lilies again are spread across the water."
– Mary Oliver.
7. "When summer opens, I see how fast it matures and fears it will be short; but after the heats of July and August, I am reconciled, like one who has had his swing, to the cool of autumn."
– Ralph Waldo Emerson.
8. "Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass under trees on a summer's day, listening to the murmur of the water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is by no means a waste of time."
― John Lubbock.
9. "Summer means happy times and good sunshine. It means going to the beach, going to Disneyland, having fun."
– Brian Wilson.
10. "The summer night is like a perfection of thought."
– Wallace Stevens.
Inspirational Summer Quotes
These quotes for summer will spark up your mood. Here are the greatest summer holiday quotes from various sources.
11. "This morning, the sun endures past dawn. I realize that it is August: the summer's last stand."
- Sara Baume.
12. "Everything good, everything magical happens between the months of June and August."
- Jenny Han.
13. "The month of August had turned into a griddle where the days just lay there and sizzled."
- Sue Monk Kidd.
14. "Childhood is June, and old age is August, but here it is, July, and my life, this year, is July inside of July."
- Rick Bass.
15. "August was nearly over - the month of apples and falling stars, the last care-free month for the school children."
- Victor Nekrasov.
16. "August is ripening grain in the fields... Vivid dahlias fling huge tousled blossoms through gardens and joe-pye-weed dusts the meadow purple."
- Jean Hersey.
17. "That August time it was delight
To watch the red moons wane to white."
- Algernon Charles Swinburne, 'August'.
18. "When the sun is shining, I can do anything; no mountain is too high, no trouble too difficult to overcome."
19. "And so with the sunshine and the great bursts of leaves growing on the trees, just as things grow in fast movies, I had that familiar conviction that life was beginning over again with the summer."
– F. Scott Fitzgerald, 'The Great Gatsby'.
20. "Summertime. It was a song. It was a season. I wondered if that season would ever live inside me."
– Benjamin Alire Sáenz.
Thoughtful August Quotes
The month of August brings joy, happiness, and laughter to people. Here are an amazing collection of August quotes and sayings.
21. "August rain: the best of the summer gone, and the new fall not yet born. The odd uneven time."
22. "August breeze—perched on the flame tree, a red-vented Bulbul."
- Meeta Ahluwalia.
23. "August, the summer's last messenger of misery, is a hollow actor."
- Henry Rollins.
24. "That smell of freshly cut grass makes me think of Friday night football in high school... The cutting of the grass reminds me of the August practice."
- Garth Brooks.
25. "Every year, August lashes out in volcanic fury, rising with the din of morning traffic, its great metallic wings smashing against the ground, heating the air with ever-increasing intensity."
26. "...August still stretched before us - long and golden and reassuring, like an endless period of delicious sleep."
- Lauren Oliver.
27. "In the long dusks of summer, we walked the suburban streets through scents of maple and cut grass, waiting for something to happen."
– Steven Millhauser.
28. "If June was the beginning of a hopeful summer, and July the juice middle, August was suddenly feeling like the bitter end."
– Sarah Dessen.
29. "One evening in August, you have an errand outdoors, and all of a sudden, it's pitch-black. It is still summer, but the summer is no longer alive."
– Tove Jansson.
30. "Life, now, was unfolding before me, constantly and visibly, like the flowers of summer that drop fanlike petals on eternal soil."
– Roman Payne.
Beautiful August Quotes
These charming quotes beautifully showcase our feelings towards summer and the month of August. Enjoy these quotes with your friends on summery August nights while looking for shooting stars.
31. "August is the border between summer and autumn; it is the most beautiful month I know."
32. "August is the month of the high-sailing hawks. The hen hawk is the most noticeable. He is a bird of leisure and seems always at his ease."
33. "It was August, and the fields were high with corn."
34. "But I can see us lost in the memory, August slipped away into a moment in time..."
―Taylor Swift, 'august'.
35. "Today is the first of August. It is hot, steamy, and wet. It is raining. I am tempted to write a poem."
36. "Breathe the sweetness that hovers in August."
37. "There shall be eternal summer in the grateful heart."
38. "Oh, the summer night has a smile of light, and she sits on a sapphire throne."
―Bryan Waller Procter.
39. "I could never in a hundred summers get tired of this."
40. "Some people are so much sunshine in every square inch."
Charming August Quotes
A great thing about August is it brings warmth. Here are some inspirational quotes and sayings filled with happiness.
41. "In August, an inescapable blanket of heat settled over Paducah, the last gasping breath of summer roaring its weight out over the populace."
42. "The first week of August hangs at the very top of summer... like the highest seat of a Ferris wheel when it pauses in its turning."
43. "Caught in the doldrums of August, we may have regretted the departing summer..."
44. "The summer stretched out the daylight as if on a rack."
45. "Summertime is always the best of what might be."
46. "What good is the warmth of summer, without the cold of winter to give it sweetness."
47. "Summer has filled her veins with light, and her heart is washed with noon."
48. "Shall I compare thee to a summer's day? Thou art more lovely and more temperate."
49. "I know I am but summer to your heart, and not the full four seasons of the year."
―Edna St. Vincent Millay.
50. "Summer was a book of hope. That's why I loved and hated summers. Because they made me want to believe."
―Benjamin Alire Sáenz.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for August quotes then why not take a look at [summer camp quotes], or [end of summer quotes].
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.